Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I'm guilty of this-for some reason, I flush before I'm finished, I try to save time :( it doesn't work, because then I have to wait for the flush to finish and see if there's any yellow left... it's very frustrating.....
    cantdecide wrote: »
    People get very weird in the bathroom.

I used to live in a house that appeared to be made of papier mache and amplifiers and every morning, a housemate used to go pee but within seconds of the door shutting, you'd hear the toilet flush. There was always a slight yellowness to the bowl afterwards. I mean, everyone know how toilets work, right???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Colleague who goes on the morning break does the same thing every day.
    Comes into kitchen, sits down and starts eating, then gets up and makes tea and sits back down again, then goes out of room to go toilet and comes back and resumes eating. Every morning - wrecks my head this constantly getting up and down.

Feck feck feck we must work in same company !!!!!

Head wrecking guy comes in for break, sits down , takes mug out of lunch box, gets back up to make tea , sits back down , usually within a min gets back up to make a call on phone , sits back down ........... But then usually just buts into who evers having conversation with a funny story about his wife, his kids his wife, then his kids ....

Ggggrrrrrr w@nker!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I`ll see your pepper and raise it one onion.

In other words, I know a man who bites into an onion like its an apple.[/QUOTE

Mate of mine eats tomatoes like that 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Buffman

I used to have a neighbour who'd bring her cat for a walk around the estate, on a leash. I suppose it makes sense for a 100% domesticated cat.
    tupenny wrote: »
    Mate of mine eats tomatoes like that ��

Are you sure it wasn't some Tomacco?

tomacco.jpg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have read 16 pages and all the way through I am racking my brain trying to think of odd things people I know do each day and came up with nothing.

This no doubt means that I am the office weirdo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

An old housemate used to religiously eat bread sandwiches. What's wrong with that you may ask. Well, there was never any filling, no butter or anything, just 2 slices of bread put together as if it were a sandwich.

In fact we even noticed them making toast sandwiches where the filling was just an un-toasted slice of bread.

Bread-bread-man had many other quirks, but I'd never witness anything like this ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Feck feck feck we must work in same company !!!!!

Head wrecking guy comes in for break, sits down , takes mug out of lunch box, gets back up to make tea , sits back down , usually within a min gets back up to make a call on phone , sits back down ........... But then usually just buts into who evers having conversation with a funny story about his wife, his kids his wife, then his kids ....

Ggggrrrrrr w@nker!!!!!!

It's a pain having to put with these people for even 15 mins a day at break - a daily annoyance.

Can we gather up all these head wreckers and throw them all into the same workplace? That would do nicely ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

heldel00 wrote: »
    I fully wash everything before I put it in the dishwasher. Is that weird?

Not necessarily weird, I know other people who do it too, but it's an entirely futile exercise. The enzymes in the dishwasher detergent need food residue on the dishes to work properly, so they're not getting any cleaner in the dishwasher and you've just wasted time and energy hand washing them. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's a pain having to put with these people for even 15 mins a day at break - a daily annoyance.

Can we gather up all these head wreckers and throw them all into the same workplace? That would do nicely ;)

I must be in the same place,a few of us having a conversation and boom...."you never guess what my kids did",we don't care mate,you ask us the same thing every day and ruin our conversation. Talk about something more interesting, we aren't in a parenting class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

I work in civil service so you can imagine the weirdness that goes on here :D

There is one lady that barks out the window at colleagues that go walking on lunch break...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Funk It wrote: »
    An old housemate used to religiously eat bread sandwiches. What's wrong with that you may ask. Well, there was never any filling, no butter or anything, just 2 slices of bread put together as if it were a sandwich.

In fact we even noticed them making toast sandwiches where the filling was just an un-toasted slice of bread.

Bread-bread-man had many other quirks, but I'd never witness anything like this ever again.

Perhaps they read this:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-15752918

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I worked in a computer shop years ago. Every day a girl who worked in Dunnes used to come in during her lunch break and play solitaire on one of the display computers. She never said a word to anyone, she'd just stand there for an hour and play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

We did ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

nookie wrote: »
    Few years ago when my gf was in college she used to rent a room in a house owned an older single lady who by all accounts led quite a lonely existence. To counter this she had a tiny little rat dog thing that she would talk incessantly to all day and make cups of tea for etc.

But that's not the weird bit - oh no....

...transpired that every Christmas she would take the dog down to the local shopping centre to let the dog have it's photo taken with Santa Claus. This picture would then be framed and hung up somewhere in the house.

Still to this day the most tragic sight that I can possibly imagine is this woman standing in line surrounded by familys and screaming kids etc - just her and her wee dog waiting to see Santa.

I kinda love the idea of someone who would poke their finger at the world and do that! And think enough of her pet to have the balls to do it! No doubt all her relations git the annual picture to put in the mantlepiece with all the kids & got the craic out of it too. genius idea! Did she dress the dog up! Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

We had a Phantom Picker in work, probably not as bad as a ****ter but pretty rank all the same. They would have a good auld pick of their nose while sitting on the throne and then deposit / wipe their dirty snot on the wall.... after a few weeks there was a field of dried green snot on the wall.

I cracked one day and sent an "all staff" email asking the Phantom Picker to cease his harvesting. The email worked, god bless the poor cleaning lady that had to tackle the wall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

PARlance wrote: »
    We had a Phantom Picker in work, probably not as bad as a ****ter but pretty rank all the same. They would have a good auld pick of their nose while sitting on the throne and then deposit / wipe their dirty snot on the wall.... after a few weeks there was a field of dried green snot on the wall.

I cracked one day and sent an "all staff" email asking the Phantom Picker to cease his harvesting. The email worked, god bless the poor cleaning lady that had to tackle the wall though.
    I was in a public sector office before Xmas, where there was a sign on the wall above the urinal reading something like;

"Please stop wiping your nose contents on the wall, out of respect to the people who have to clean up after you."

Are these people adults or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I was in a public sector office before Xmas, where there was a sign on the wall above the urinal reading something like;

"Please stop wiping your nose contents on the wall, out of respect to the people who have to clean up after you."

Are these people adults or what?

It does boggle the mind - I cannot recall how many times I've gone to use the toilet at work only to find the actual seat covered in piss, and not just one or two spots here or there but the entire seat covered, all the way around, in piss - but that's not weird, it's plain disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I kinda love the idea of someone who would poke their finger at the world and do that! And think enough of her pet to have the balls to do it! No doubt all her relations git the annual picture to put in the mantlepiece with all the kids & got the craic out of it too. genius idea! Did she dress the dog up! Loving it!

I love people like this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

When it comes to toilet manners some people are absolutely shocking. I often wonder what the home jax would be like after seeing some of the public displays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

PARlance wrote: »

My sister's ex used to pick his nose and rub his snots down the side of the leather couch. When we moved into our new house we inherited the couch because we were stony broke. Old snot dries like concrete. It was impossible to clean off. Dirty fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

LouD2016 wrote: »
    I work in civil service so you can imagine the weirdness that goes on here :D

There is one lady that barks out the window at colleagues that go walking on lunch break...

I'm a CS too... Had a colleague a few years ago who, when asked why there were sweet wrappers on his desk, replied "each one is a memory!" Another guy used to bring in the papers every morning and sit at his desk for an hour reading them, then leave them on the floor. A HEO came running over with something urgent, stood on the newspaper, skidded across the floor and nearly went flying out the window!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

hoodini89 wrote: »
    My ex-housemate was the strangest chap.

- He had a bed in his own room but he slept on a mattress on the ground.

- My bedroom was beside the bathroom. His daily showers consisted of him singing the same song (Seven Nation Army) in particular the line 'I'm going to Wichita'.
    When finished his shower I'd hear him jump out of the shower/bath with his 2 feet together, a big thud. (Most people use one leg at a time I'm guessing when getting out.)

That's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

I work with a collection of single men in their early 40s whose BMI/general appearance is what you'd expect of single, middle-aged guys who like booze, fags, gambling and general 'banter with the lads'. In spite of this, they spend their entire time hitting on attractive co-workers in their early 20s. And they actually think they have a chance with them too.

I can't think of anything weirder than a man who persists in that kind of delusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

hoodini89 wrote: »
    My ex-housemate was the strangest chap.

- He had a bed in his own room but he slept on a mattress on the ground.

- My bedroom was beside the bathroom. His daily showers consisted of him singing the same song (Seven Nation Army) in particular the line 'I'm going to Wichita'.
    When finished his shower I'd hear him jump out of the shower/bath with his 2 feet together, a big thud. (Most people use one leg at a time I'm guessing when getting out.)

In fairness at least he showered every day.cant have been that weird.its the ones who don't wash you have to worry about.
    Shared a house with one lad in college.4 of us in the house never any bother until this grade a cabbage turned up.
    He moved in to the house and once in he never left the sitting room.always there.worst part though was he was stink as a sewer rat.only took a shower once every 2 weeks or so and when he did he used to put some kind of e45 cream all over the bathroom.there was tubs of the stuff everywhere.
    Couldn't use the bathroom after him.
    Ended up taking showers in the gym instead of using the sewer rats shower.
    Sharing with your seven nations army lad sounds grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I work with a collection of single men in their early 40s whose BMI/general appearance is what you'd expect of single, middle-aged guys who like booze, fags, gambling and general 'banter with the lads'. In spite of this, they spend their entire time hitting on attractive co-workers in their early 20s. And they actually think they have a chance with them too.

I can't think of anything weirder than a man who persists in that kind of delusion!

An alarmingly... alarmingly... common (and stomach-churning) phenomenon...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Few years ago when my gf was in college she used to rent a room in a house owned an older single lady who by all accounts led quite a lonely existence. To counter this she had a tiny little rat dog thing that she would talk incessantly to all day and make cups of tea for etc.

...transpired that every Christmas she would take the dog down to the local shopping centre to let the dog have it's photo taken with Santa Claus. This picture would then be framed and hung up somewhere in the house.

Still to this day the most tragic sight that I can possibly imagine is this woman standing in line surrounded by familys and screaming kids etc - just her and her wee dog waiting to see Santa.

A bit sad after reading that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Did your gf live in santry by any chance? Sounds like my first landlord, horrible witch of a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

It does boggle the mind - I cannot recall how many times I've gone to use the toilet at work only to find the actual seat covered in piss, and not just one or two spots here or there but the entire seat covered, all the way around, in piss - but that's not weird, it's plain disgusting

Here's a little poem to put up on the wall:

If you sprinkle when you tinkle
    Be a sweetie and wipe the seatie:)

Advertisement