Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

anna080 wrote: »
    I used to work with a girl who would eat a whole red pepper for her lunch and bite into it like it was an apple

I worked with a guy who would put a have a thick slice of white onion smothered in mustard sambo for lunch. My sinuses are tingling just thinking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

anna080 wrote: »
    I used to work with a girl who would eat a whole red pepper for her lunch and bite into it like it was an apple

My kids do that with whole peppers (of all colours but their favourite is red), whole cucumbers, whole carrots and even whole heads of lettuce.
    I have no idea why they have this obsession with raw vegetables but, weird or not, I don't discourage them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

When it comes to toilet manners some people are absolutely shocking. I often wonder what the home jax would be like after seeing some of the public displays.

I bet they wouldn't do it at home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

I worked (for my sins) as an Industrial toilet cleaner for a period of several months in the long, long distant past. For some one with a (small, but quite reasonable to my mind) 'thing' about germs (ie me) it was an enlightening experience. People's nasty weirdness is just about kept in check by the fetters of so-called decent society. On their own, on the throne, I have learned from up close experience, they revert to the beasts they truly are. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

IK09 wrote: »
    This isnt something I have experience of, but one of my friends works with someone he refers to as "The Phantom".

The story goes back years with a friend who filled me in on the situation over a pint. He works in a large medical device company in Galway and one day while making the trip to the leithris, he enters a cubicle. Someone has filled the toilet with toilet paper and proceeded to take a massive dump on top of the toilet paper, not only rendering the toilet unusable, leaving a terrible mess for the cleaning staff, but stinking the place up.

I learned the story from him quite early on. He was scarred by his experience. He understood, that there was a certain amount of "two fingers up" to the company in this act, but could not get his head around why the person felt the need to punish others also.

A month later I get a text, it read "it happened again", I needed no further explanation, the 3 words could mean only one thing. Again, we met for a pint and he still cant get his head around it. Why does he have to smell this persons sh1te when he goes into the bathroom he asks himself.

When it happened for the third time, he denounced this man and gave him the title "The Phantom". He swore that he would find him. He studied his habits, taking note of the weeks, days, and times that "The Phantom" struck, but to no avail, there was no pattern. He struck as and when he pleased. Sometimes leaving months between his exploits, sometimes, only days.

It got to the stage where when redundancies and severance packages were being offered, my friend was less concerned with the possibility of losing his job, than he was that "The Phantom" might lose his before he caught him.

My friend has become obsessed. Like an old detective trying to solve a case. The most disturbing thing about the scenario is that as he walks into the toilet, the scent invades his nostrils. He can smell that "The Phantom" has acted before he even enters the cubicle to get visual confirmation.

To this day, almost 3 years later, I still receive the mandatory text that "The Phantom" has struck. To his distress, "The Phantom" remains at large.

I have the same thing happening in my office in Dublin, called 'the Phantom Dumper". He's been so prolific that management have sent emails on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

McGaggs wrote: »
    I have the same thing happening in my office in Dublin, called 'the Phantom Dumper". He's been so prolific that management have sent emails on the subject.

Well at least there is a log of the activity

*coat grabbed*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Well at least there is a log of the activity

*coat grabbed*

No, but they put up notices explaining how to use the toilet...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

McGaggs wrote: »
    No, but they put up notices explaining how to use the toilet...

we had similar problem in small company I once worked in. put up signs. it still continued. got to the bottom of it eventually. turned out the perpetrator couldn't read.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Collie D wrote:
    Have read 16 pages and all the way through I am racking my brain trying to think of odd things people I know do each day and came up with nothing.
    Collie D wrote:
    This no doubt means that I am the office weirdo

Ha was thinking the same thing. They say in every game of poker there is one sucker and if you can't figure out who it is then it's you - I guess the same thing applies to weirdo behaviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

We had a bit of an issue in work with people stealing food from the fridge and helping themselves to people's lunches. So strange because it would be so obvious. Things weren't left the way they had been, crumbs everywhere and also huge chunks of butter missing from butter containers. Whoever it is, sort it out and buy your own things ya weirdos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

This is one I do and it drives everyone I know mad.

Every meal I have I don't finish. Not that I'm full. I always leave the very end of each different item on the plate. I can't explain it. For example if I have a fry, one small bit of egg, tomatoe, pudding and sausage and a few beans and the a crust of toast will be left on the plate. But only of the last piece. So if I had two sausages and two eggs and two toast, I'd finish the first one of each completely but leave a very small, less that bite sized piece of the second one every time without fail. This goes for anything I eat.

I don't know why I do this or when I started. Does anyone here have a theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

This post has been deleted.

I laughed to coughing at that. It sounds like something form California in the 70s.
    I wonder is he on something (magical and legal)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

I live in a rural area. Outside the local village, I used to see a couple with a beautiful dog many times when going to town. They'd often be in the same spot coming back from town.

The woman has the dog on a short lead, she stands a few feet away from the car. The man is either in the car, or leaning on it outside.

So it looks like they're just about to go for a walk, or the woman is, at least.

Except they never do. I always see them like that, in the same spot outside the village. I have never seen the woman further than a few feet from the car with the dog.

Now they have changed spots. I see them up the mountain road, there is a crossroad sort of spot with lovely scenery. It would be flat and very easy to walk even just a little bit along the road, but I've just seen them standing there, the woman always a few feet away from the car.

Maybe they're not very mobile and they just want the dog to get some fresh air I don't know. At first I thought they were training the dog to be good when cars passed by. But that's been going on more than a year now.

I haven't seen them in a while, but I don't travel the road regularly enough to tell if they're taking a break from standing there or what.

The dog is a very striking collie type dog (but I don't think it's collie exactly).

They're probably using multiple holograms. Its an experiment, you know.

worked one time with a girl who finished every sentence with the words 'sort of'. she used to say it so fast that when I first met her I thought she was saying 'sod off'. also came across a chap one time who finished his sentences with the words 'type a thing' (type of thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

This is one I do and it drives everyone I know mad.

Every meal I have I don't finish. Not that I'm full. I always leave the very end of each different item on the plate. I can't explain it. For example if I have a fry, one small bit of egg, tomatoe, pudding and sausage and a few beans and the a crust of toast will be left on the plate. But only of the last piece. So if I had two sausages and two eggs and two toast, I'd finish the first one of each completely but leave a very small, less that bite sized piece of the second one every time without fail. This goes for anything I eat.

I don't know why I do this or when I started. Does anyone here have a theory?

Insanity - that's the best bit of any meal! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Theres a guy in a place I used to work and he has some quite quirky mannerisms.

He wears the same clothes everyday, not in a smelly b*stard way but in an OCD type of way. He must have 5 pairs of the same trousers, shirt etc. He walks very straight and proper, robotlike.

Theres a canteen area and at 11am he sits at the same spot with the same table of women, doesnt interact with any lads at all which is fair enough.

Anyway, he has the same thing at 11am break. A Yop / Actimel type drinky yoghurt thing. He drinks it in one gulp then spends 10 minutes with his head tilted back and tongue buried in it. He taps the bottom of it and rotates the fcuk out of it to get every remaining bit out. Then tongue pokes it for a few more minutes.

Its "normal" to everyone else but when I got there I was like "look at this feckin nutjob, id say he'd be deadly with a d1ck" face on me.

He then takes out a thin sandwich from his ziplock bag and eats it systematically. Once thats done, he folds the ziplock bag in half 4 times and places it into his shirt pocket and leaves it there all day.

He does this every day.

Its annoying

He wears the same clothes everyday, not in a smelly b*stard way but in an OCD type of way. He must have 5 pairs of the same trousers, shirt etc. He walks very straight and proper, robotlike.

Theres a canteen area and at 11am he sits at the same spot with the same table of women, doesnt interact with any lads at all which is fair enough.

Anyway, he has the same thing at 11am break. A Yop / Actimel type drinky yoghurt thing. He drinks it in one gulp then spends 10 minutes with his head tilted back and tongue buried in it. He taps the bottom of it and rotates the fcuk out of it to get every remaining bit out. Then tongue pokes it for a few more minutes.

Its "normal" to everyone else but when I got there I was like "look at this feckin nutjob, id say he'd be deadly with a d1ck" face on me.

He then takes out a thin sandwich from his ziplock bag and eats it systematically. Once thats done, he folds the ziplock bag in half 4 times and places it into his shirt pocket and leaves it there all day.

He does this every day.

Its annoying

sounds like Mr bean

• Registered Users Posts: 40 starfruit2510

I worked with a girl who bought her lunch on way to work every morning, brown soda bread, tomatoes, butter, cheese and ham, she would use 2 slices of bread, ham and cheese, tiny bit of butter and bin the rest, every single day

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

It's interesting how many of these are food related.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

sounds like Mr bean

It actually does, wonder does he drive a green mini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Not really weird, just thick really but it ties in with the common toilet theme; I used to work in a warehouse and we'd all knock off for lunch at the same time but there was only a couple of toilets sinks in the gents - one of the guys realised that instead of peeing and then washing his hands like those us that would, if he washed his hands then took a leak, he wouldn't have to wait his turn... genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,299 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I can be really odd about taking or making phone calls.. Sometimes I simply hate when my phone rings. If I had to talk to someone I'd nearly prefer to get in the car and go to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

cantdecide wrote: »
    Not really weird, just thick really but it ties in with the common toilet theme; I used to work in a warehouse and we'd all knock off for lunch at the same time but there was only a couple of toilets sinks in the gents - one of the guys realised that instead of peeing and then washing his hands like those us that would, if he washed his hands then took a leak, he wouldn't have to wait his turn... genius.

If this was limerick and there was more than one at it then we worked in the same place !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

He does this every day.

Its annoying

Sounds like a serial killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I know a guy who pretends he has Terminator vision when he's driving and sometimes even hums the theme tune while he's doing it.

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Theres a guy (...) sits at the same spot with the same table of women, doesnt interact with any lads at all (...) Actimel type drinky yoghurt thing. He drinks it in one gulp then spends 10 minutes with his head tilted back and tongue buried in it. He taps the bottom of it and rotates the fcuk out of it to get every remaining bit out. Then tongue pokes it for a few more minutes.
    Maybe you should ask the ladies what they all see in him?

09af900313d7b1f0374ccc9dc40a67d9f4a93c10189cc357b7298c264bb26635.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

osarusan wrote: »
    Cycling home occasionally morphs into a stage in the Tour De France, in which I manage to execute a ride of such tactical ingenuity and incredible stamina that even the most seasoned observers of competitive cycling are simply stunned.

Do you take both hands off the bars to celebrate when you arrive home too? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Feeling sad!

He does this every day.

Its annoying

Just don't look at the guy! You sound easily irritated :P. I understand the ones where it's in your face annoying but he seems to be minding his own beeswax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Just don't look at the guy! You sound easily irritated :P. I understand the ones where it's in your face annoying but he seems to be minding his own beeswax.

Im not there anymore but he was always in my line of sight.

Plus....its an appropriate contribution to this thread.

Now stop irritating me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Feeling sad!

Im not there anymore but he was always in my line of sight.

Plus....its an appropriate contribution to this thread.

Now stop irritating me.

Anyone have a yop?

Advertisement