Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

darconio wrote: »
    I am about to pull the trigger however: would Anpost actually deliver a 50'' tv to my address? Sorry for asking something that seem obvious, but I had bad experience in the past

Also I see it has a satellite tuner, would anybody knows if it supports Diseq

Amazon will use a courier. They delivered straight to my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am about to pull the trigger however: would Anpost actually deliver a 50'' tv to my address? Sorry for asking something that seem obvious, but I had bad experience in the past

An post delivered mine ordered on a Friday 4pm it arrived 10am Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

kyeev wrote: »
    Amazon will use a courier. They delivered straight to my door.
    An post delivered mine ordered on a Friday 4pm it arrived 10am Monday.

I'm a bit confused: they use a courier or anpost? I assume is the same deal for items from the warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm a bit confused: they use a courier or anpost? I assume is the same deal for items from the warehouse?

I ordered the 49" from Amazon themselves on the Friday An Post delivered it Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I have the 40" model and the main issue is that picture quality on Netflix is fairly poor. 4K/1080p content looks 720 at best, but probably not even that. Would updating the software help with this? Current version: V00.01.00a.H0112

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Yes, it supports Diseqc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tusky wrote: »
    I have the 40" model and the main issue is that picture quality on Netflix is fairly poor. 4K/1080p content looks 720 at best, but probably not even that. Would updating the software help with this? Current version: V00.01.00a.H0112

I have the same model and it looks very impressive, well till you get used to the 4K, not trying to sound smart but are you sure it is going into 4K, if you press the OK button on the control in the top left corner you should see what it is playing in.

Xenji wrote: »
    I have the same model and it looks very impressive, well till you get used to the 4K, not trying to sound smart but are you sure it is going into 4K, if you press the OK button on the control in the top left corner you should see what it is playing in.

And does it auto configure based in Internet speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah Netflix does, but you need to upgrade your account to get 4k, it costs more than a regular account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

How the hell is this thread still front & centre on a daily basis?

To paraphrase Eamon Dunphy, t'was a good BA, not a great BA.

Yamanoto wrote: »

A very good quality 49" 4k TV delivered for under 450euro is not a great BA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Del007

cronos wrote: »

No idea of the differences, I don't even know which 65'' I have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Yamanoto wrote: »

Its like the smart ultra 6 thread of 2015/16.
    Half the fun is tinkering about with it after you've bought it...
    Hence all the advice about firmware updates, activating HDR, getting 4k streams to work...

e.g. I still haven't managed to record anything with the PVR function... have now bought a new SSD hardrive to muck about with (no, I don't need it really - have a perfectly good SamsungTV/+hardrive to record TV with).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It's a fast internet connection - 30mb or something. I'm talking about 4k content on Netflix. Netflix is set to play at max resolution anyway - ultra or whatever it's called. I'm not that fussed on 4k - I'd be happy if it even looked like good quality 1080p. It looks quite blocky. I'm gonna try send some 1080p content to it via Chomecast and see if that looks better. It could be the Netflix app on the TV that's the problem...
    Yeah Netflix does, but you need to upgrade your account to get 4k, it costs more than a regular account.

Netflix account is 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Guys is there a guide to tuning in the Irish channels with the internal tuner or is it even possible? I've tried a few things via the antenna and nothing is showing up. I'm a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭Nollog

Guys is there a guide to tuning in the Irish channels with the internal tuner or is it even possible? I've tried a few things via the antenna and nothing is showing up. I'm a bit lost.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Put in your area get your channel number and manual scan that channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

/\/ollog wrote: »
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Put in your area get your channel number and manual scan that channel.

Thanks for that. As it happens I'm fairly sure I tried the channels for my area previously but no joy. Could it be a case of the internal tuner not being strong enough without an external source? I'm in Ballsbridge in Dublin in case that makes any difference.

• Advertisement

the corpo wrote: »

Now £600 and not delivering to Ireland

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Now £600 and not delivering to Ireland

It's 399 when you pick amazon as the seller, with free delivery to Ireland

It's 399 when you pick amazon as the seller, with free delivery to Ireland

Cool, I've mine ordered already at 369. It was the default seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Could it be a case of the internal tuner not being strong enough without an external source? I'm in Ballsbridge in Dublin in case that makes any difference.

You do have it connected to an aerial, right?

The internal tuner decodes the signal received, but you must have an aerial connected to pick up that signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

Got the H49M3000. I'm not getting any sound (I do get picture) out of mine from my satellite receiver. The receiver is an Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus. I do get sound from a plugged in Raspberry Pi and from the YouTube app, just not from the receiver. I tried updating the firmware on the TV, but it says I'm up to date (V00.01.00a.G0920). Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Sounds like the receiver rather than the TV if sound is working from other devices. Are you using the same cable with each of the devices as some HDMI cables will not carry sound. What way were you running the receiver previously? It could be set to output sound differential such as through analogue rather than HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

Sounds like the receiver rather than the TV if sound is working from other devices. Are you using the same cable with each of the devices as some HDMI cables will not carry sound. What way were you running the receiver previously? It could be set to output sound differential such as through analogue rather than HDMI.

Yeah, it has to be the receiver. Same cable, I just plugged out of the old TV in to the new one. I didn't even unplug from the receiver.
    I've since updated the receiver OS to OpenATV 5.3 which I think is the latest, but still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the 40" is priced at £379 at the moment...can anyone recall how much it was before xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

fryup wrote: »
    the 40" is priced at £379 at the moment...can anyone recall how much it was before xmas?

Current £379.00 Feb 03, 2017
    Highest * £442.93 May 24, 2016
    Lowest * £249.00 Nov 26, 2016

This is the most expensive it has been since May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Is it possible to watch rte player on the browser on this ?? I dont seem to be having any luck

Advertisement