Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,207 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

givecredit wrote: »
    Freeview play will be a great addition to everyone with smart dns.
    You should find that when pressing the Input button on the remote and going up the list there will be a new Freeview Play Icon at the top (above your favourite Apps list) which will allow you to access all of the new catch-up apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV, 4oD, 5 On-demand and UKTV Play) without using the EPG
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Cheers for posting.
    Got this sorted on my TV - wasn't really aware of it before you posted :)

Am I in the right place? Updated my TV (43m3000) to the newest firmware, which it said was for Freeview Play, but there is nothing above the Premium section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Oat23 wrote: »
    Am I in the right place? Updated my TV (43m3000) to the newest firmware, which it said was for Freeview Play, but there is nothing above the Premium section.

^Sorry, I can't advise as I'm on an LG tv - I'm sure some Hisense folk will be along soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I have a 55M7000 but mine looks like yours. No sign of free view. Got BBC and Tg4 apps working but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

You need to do a factory reset after the update.
    When you have done that and press the Home button you'll see a new section for freeview play at the top.
    This will have the new apps for itvhub, all4, 5demand and uktv demand as well as Iplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,207 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

givecredit wrote: »
    You need to do a factory reset after the update.
    When you have done that and press the Home button you'll see a new section for freeview play at the top.
    This will have the new apps for itvhub, all4, 5demand and uktv demand as well as Iplayer.

Got it now and it's working well! Thanks very much for your help. :)

Had a small heart attack after performing the update. I thought it destroyed the two 4k/60Hz ports as it was only displaying my PC at 30HZ. Spent 45 minutes trying to fix it, then randomly came across the HDMI/CEC function settings where I realised I needed to set it to enhanced to output 60Hz. My set must have came with that setting activated already because I never had to turn it on!

I remember there was someone in this thread who couldn't get their TV to display at 60Hz and sent it back because he/she thought it was broken. I wonder if they had the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭cletus

Does a factory reset mean having to rescan all channels, set fav list etc again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

What version are you guys on?

I'm on V00.01.00a.G0825

Which it says is the latest version. But I still can't see the freeview apps.

Not sure if the versions will be the same as I'm on a 55M7000.

Thanks

Edit: I can see on AVforums that that is the latest UK version. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slaphead45

I did a factory reset today on the 43m3000 after getting the software update earlier this week and taking out the getflix lifetime subscription. Got the freeview apps and all channels and favourites had to be returned (not a big deal really). The BBC, channel 5 and UKTV apps work but cannot get ITV hub or all4 working. Added bonus is that I can now get US Netflix so happy enough.

Anyone have tips for getting ITV hub to work? I've tried it with and without a postcode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    What version are you guys on?

I'm on V00.01.00a.G0825

Which it says is the latest version. But I still can't see the freeview apps.

Not sure if the versions will be the same as I'm on a 55M7000.

Thanks

Edit: I can see on AVforums that that is the latest UK version. hmmm

The 43 inch model is the only Hisense with freeview play rollout so far. Other models expected to receive update in next 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭Nollog

slaphead45 wrote: »
    I did a factory reset today on the 43m3000 after getting the software update earlier this week and taking out the getflix lifetime subscription. Got the freeview apps and all channels and favourites had to be returned (not a big deal really). The BBC, channel 5 and UKTV apps work but cannot get ITV hub or all4 working. Added bonus is that I can now get US Netflix so happy enough.

Anyone have tips for getting ITV hub to work? I've tried it with and without a postcode

ITV hub works for me with smartdns.

All4 is just a black screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Just had a browse through the last few posts. Couple questions for you DNS people on how to get the best out of the TV. I currently have Sky tv too.

BBC iplayer doesnt work for me and my location is set at UK. IT gives the message "SOmething went wrong loading the program". If I get a DNS will this solve it for me?

TO get Freeview live do I need some sort of satellite tuner/receiver? I have nothing other than Xbox One, TV, Chromecast and Sky box.

What is on Freeview live exactly?

Anything else I could use? Or do I not need all that stuff as have sky?

How do I get Netflix US on the TV? Is it easy to switch back to the UK version?

Cheers!

richy wrote: »
    Just had a browse through the last few posts. Couple questions for you DNS people on how to get the best out of the TV. I currently have Sky tv too.

BBC iplayer doesnt work for me and my location is set at UK. IT gives the message "SOmething went wrong loading the program". If I get a DNS will this solve it for me?

TO get Freeview live do I need some sort of satellite tuner/receiver? I have nothing other than Xbox One, TV, Chromecast and Sky box.

What is on Freeview live exactly?

Anything else I could use? Or do I not need all that stuff as have sky?

How do I get Netflix US on the TV? Is it easy to switch back to the UK version?

Cheers!

DNS will allow access to iPlayer and, with the software update, access to freeview catch up services. It won't allow access to freeview live which you probably don't need if keeping Sky.

Access to US Netflix very much depends on your DNS provider and is always liable to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Whats the latest software version to get the Freeview Play stuff? I did a check for update but nothing found.

My version ends in 901.

I'm having issues with the BBC HD channels since doing the factory reset - signal quality down to 19%. Anyone else having this issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

DNS will allow access to iPlayer and, with the software update, access to freeview catch up services. It won't allow access to freeview live which you probably don't need if keeping Sky.

Access to US Netflix very much depends on your DNS provider and is always liable to be shut down.

If I get a DNS do i just need to enter the digits under the network section on the TV or does it need to be done on the router ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

will56 wrote: »
    If I get a DNS do i just need to enter the digits under the network section on the TV or does it need to be done on the router ?

Can't be talking about DNS stuff on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I was taking a look at this TV https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E1QQHPK/ which seems to be coming in at 475 euro delivered. Is it worth it at this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

As long as you're not bothered about Freesat built in, its pretty much spot on.
    Good screen, sound, DLNA etc.

Could anyone tell me how long delivery took with Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

tony1980 wrote: »

Ordered Monday evening in early December and the TV was delivered on the Saturday (without advance notice mind!)

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    Ordered Monday evening in early December and the TV was delivered on the Saturday (without advance notice mind!)

Was that the free delivery option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Mine was free super saver delivery and it took about a week.
    (Same as anything I ever ordered with free super saver delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has anyone found the perfect settings for the 40 inch model? Or can I just use settings for the 43 inch one that were posted a few pages back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

tony1980 wrote: »

Mine took almost 4 weeks, original was lost post black Friday replacement was about 3 days late but arrived eventually. It was just the time of year I ordered to be honest though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

duffman13 wrote: »
    Mine took almost 4 weeks, original was lost post black Friday replacement was about 3 days late but arrived eventually. It was just the time of year I ordered to be honest though

How does a big TV go missing...

Tinie wrote: »
    How does a big TV go missing...

Mine was ordered on a Friday with free delivery and arrived on the Monday. I was surprised to say the least but it was back in summer '15.

Amazon don't yet seem to have recovered from the black Friday \ Christmas rush. Ordered a small number items recently and they took 10 days to reach me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mine was ordered on a Friday with free delivery and arrived on the Monday. I was surprised to say the least but it was back in summer '15.

Amazon don't yet seem to have recovered from the black Friday \ Christmas rush. Ordered a small number items recently and they took 10 days to reach me.

If they're being delivered by that ascendia company, then it's the norm. They seem to.alwaus be late at delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

Tusky wrote: »
    Has anyone found the perfect settings for the 40 inch model? Or can I just use settings for the 43 inch one that were posted a few pages back?

You could try the settings I use if you like. I got the color temps from a video I linked to earlier in the thread.

Picture mode: Cinema
    Brightness: 46
    Contrast: 48
    Saturation: 50
    Backlight: 50
    Dynamic Backlight: Off
    Tint: 0
    Sharpness: 5
    Adaptive contrast: Off/Middle, whatever!
    Color temp: Warm
    Noise reduction: Off.

Color tuner:
    Red 0, 0, -4. Green 0,-1,9. Blue-4,-2,6.
    Yellow 1,-2,1. Cyan -1,-1,1. Magenta -1,-2,0.

Everything else left to default.
    If you hook your TV up to a PC make sure to calibrate the Gama settings in windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

noticed last night that the remote also controls my Nvidia Shield TV, very handy!

Advertisement