Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Has anyone got HDR working with Ps4 pro? I've got the 49" version and all settings seem correct on playstation but HDR is still greyed out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slaphead45

Hi, has anyone got a shield TV hooked up to any hisense model? Do you still have HDR following recent shield update?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

slaphead45 wrote:
    Hi, has anyone got a shield TV hooked up to any hisense model? Do you still have HDR following recent shield update?

Yeah - how do I check?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

What happen to the Red Bull app, was going to watch the WRC on it this weekend but it's gone and not in the app store.

Is there something I'm missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Has anyone got HDR working with Ps4 pro? I've got the 49" version and all settings seem correct on playstation but HDR is still greyed out

Not got one myself but is there an option to enable HDR in the input options on the tv? I have a 4K Bravia and only HDMI 2 and 3 support HDR and you have to enable it in the tv's settings. Could be the same for this make.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeQiLK7igy8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 slaphead45

sweetie wrote: »
    Yeah - how do I check?

If you launch Netflix in the shield and select one of the HDR shows like Marco Polo, the description should say HDR in place of 4k UHD. It used to work until the shield update. Thanks for looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Not got one myself but is there an option to enable HDR in the input options on the tv? I have a 4K Bravia and only HDMI 2 and 3 support HDR and you have to enable it in the tv's settings. Could be the same for this make.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeQiLK7igy8

Grahamer666 , and posting on post number 666 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

2smiggy wrote: »
    Grahamer666 , and posting on post number 666 :eek:

:pac: Didn't even notice that. Bad luck probably.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch rte player on the browser on this ?? I dont seem to be having any luck

Use the built in AnyView & you can cast RTE Player directly from your phone to the TV.

Works with Android seamlessly, not sure about iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Yamanoto wrote:
    Use the built in AnyView & you can cast RTE Player directly from your phone to the TV.

Yamanoto wrote:
    Works with Android seamlessly, not sure about iOS.

What app are you using to cast it ? I cant seem to cast ....maybe its my phone its a galaxy core prime ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

cavan4sam wrote: »
    What app are you using to cast it ? I cant seem to cast ....maybe its my phone its a galaxy core prime ??

I simply pull down the settings screen from the top of my home screen and the cast button is there. You may also find the cast option under Settings>Display. Then hit the home button on your Hisense remote & go down to where your various HDMI inputs show up. You should see Anyview cast there. Then hit the cast button to pair them & begin screen mirroring. You might also see a 'more settings' option on your phone, where you may have to tap on the three vertical dots icon to enable wireless display.

If you're still having no luck, google 'casting to tv with galaxy core prime' & you'll likely find handset specific instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

anyone get the sky q remote working with this? tried 2429 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Thinking of getting this 43 inch tv. Currently 399 GBP on Amazon and I know it will likely get cheaper again as it has in the past. However, current tv is on its way out with a lot of flickering so I need it now.

I'll be uploading from a ten year old Mirai 32 inch 1080i tv so I expect that this will be a significant upgrade even if 43 inches is on the small side for a 4K tv. Just wondering if the users that bought this are still happy with it?

I'll be using it mainly for HD programming through both a Sky HD box (basic sub, RTE, BBC etc) and streaming through a Nividia Shield android tv box and a PS4 Pro for gaming. I'm pretty happy with how all of those look on my current tv so I imagine I'll be very happy with the Hisense even if it is not top of the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thinking of getting this 43 inch tv. Currently 399 GBP on Amazon and I know it will likely get cheaper again as it has in the past. However, current tv is on its way out with a lot of flickering so I need it now.

I'll be uploading from a ten year old Mirai 32 inch 1080i tv so I expect that this will be a significant upgrade even if 43 inches is on the small side for a 4K tv. Just wondering if the users that bought this are still happy with it?

I'll be using it mainly for HD programming through both a Sky HD box (basic sub, RTE, BBC etc) and streaming through a Nividia Shield android tv box and a PS4 Pro for gaming. I'm pretty happy with how all of those look on my current tv so I imagine I'll be very happy with the Hisense even if it is not top of the range.

Have the 43" since November. Best €300 I've spent in ages. I have my PC, Shield TV and sat box hooked up to it and use it daily.

I've never felt like I've been using a lesser TV. The picture quality superb and I can't wait for Planet Earth II 4k to come out in 3 weeks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Oat23 wrote: »
    Have the 43" since November. Best €300 I've spent in ages. I have my PC, Shield TV and sat box hooked up to it and use it daily.

I've never felt like I've been using a lesser TV. The picture quality superb and I can't wait for Planet Earth II 4k to come out in 3 weeks! :pac:

Well that's me sold! Does HDR work with YouTube and Netflix from the Shield?

Well that's me sold! Does HDR work with YouTube and Netflix from the Shield?

I might have a setting wrong somewhere, but HDR does not seem to be activating for me. Searched google to see what Netflix has in HDR and ended up turning on a show called Jessica Jones. It says HDR where it usually says Full HD or Ultra HD 4k next to the rating on the netflix app, but the HDR option in the hisense picture settings is still greyed out.

Tried a HDR video on youtube and it's the same deal. I'll have a look on some forums and see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

HDR works on my Xbox One s and the picture is great with Netflix & Hulu haven't tried it on Amazon.

Tried a new HDMI cable and HDR is working now for YT, NF and Amazon Prime. Weird that it's not working on my regular cable that outputs 4k at 60Hz for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Oat23 wrote: »
    Tried a new HDMI cable and HDR is working now for YT, NF and Amazon Prime. Weird that it's not working on my regular cable that outputs 4k at 60Hz for me..

There are different HDMI cable standards (beyond the €80 Monster cable nonsense). I have some older cables that wouldn't work with certain devices.

Apart from that, did you try the built-in Netflix or YouTube apps? I tried the YouTube one, but HDR didn't seem to activate on supposed HDR videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Disappointed the price does not appear to be returning back to it's previous levels.

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    There are different HDMI cable standards (beyond the €80 Monster cable nonsense). I have some older cables that wouldn't work with certain devices.

Apart from that, did you try the built-in Netflix or YouTube apps? I tried the YouTube one, but HDR didn't seem to activate on supposed HDR videos.

It doesn't look like the built-in apps support HDR yet. On the Netflix app, Jessica Jones shows up as 'Ultra 4k HD'. Not HDR like on the Shield app.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys when this TV usually drops in price, what price does it generally drop to?

I want to setup a camel camel camel alert to try get it cheap

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Guys when this TV usually drops in price, what price does it generally drop to?

I want to setup a camel camel camel alert to try get it cheap

Thanks

Camel camel camel will tell you the history

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hey has anyone with the 49" got the Freeview Play update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi on the verge of ordering

I am torn between the LG 49UH668V Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" LED TV or the Hisense 49

Any recommendations

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

The LG668V has Freesat I believe, so for me that would be the clincher, if money was no object.
    But at the time I bought the Hisense it was 200 quid cheaper, so price took precedence...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

3 months ago I was in same position. Bought the LG (661V) as:
    - Freesat with EPG as well as Saorview, although switching between a little awkward
    - More apps - all the UK catch up TV apps, Now Tv, Google Play movies (not play store), Amazon Prime videos, Plex client. No RTE Player though
    - Delivered from Richersounds for 499GBP
    - 6 year warranty!

Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi on the verge of ordering

I am torn between the LG 49UH668V Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" LED TV or the Hisense 49

Any recommendations

Cheers

I have the 43" 650v, my understanding is the 668v is the same but comes with a magic remote? If I'm correct, I can do nothing but recommend it. Quality set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have the 43" 650v, my understanding is the 668v is the same but comes with a magic remote? If I'm correct, I can do nothing but recommend it. Quality set.

I have the 43" 668V, the Smart remote is the business! I would highly recommend the TV, the Smart IPTV app is very handy!

I will hopefully be picking up the 65" version later in the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Hey has anyone with the 49" got the Freeview Play update yet?
    No not yet

Advertisement