Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yep that's via HDMI CEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

Are there guides for setting up the DNS? What's a recommended one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ReZonator wrote: »
    You could try the settings I use if you like. I got the color temps from a video I linked to earlier in the thread.

Picture mode: Cinema
    Brightness: 46
    Contrast: 48
    Saturation: 50
    Backlight: 50
    Dynamic Backlight: Off
    Tint: 0
    Sharpness: 5
    Adaptive contrast: Off/Middle, whatever!
    Color temp: Warm
    Noise reduction: Off.

Color tuner:
    Red 0, 0, -4. Green 0,-1,9. Blue-4,-2,6.
    Yellow 1,-2,1. Cyan -1,-1,1. Magenta -1,-2,0.

Everything else left to default.
    If you hook your TV up to a PC make sure to calibrate the Gama settings in windows.

Excellent, thanks. This is for the 40inch model?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

glenq wrote: »
    Are there guides for setting up the DNS? What's a recommended one?

Getflix is another option - there's a big thread in this forum (can't link as on phone), and instructions are given in the latter pages..

Edit:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057675723/9

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

Tusky wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks. This is for the 40inch model?

I got it from a video for one of the larger sets, but to my eye it works. I couldn't find anything specifically for the 40". These settings looks more natural to me than standard, particularly when I watch the bright 4k demo content on Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The remote is great for the PS4 if watching DVD/Blu ray no need to use the PS4 controller

Strange prices on Amazon. 50 inch is cheaper than 49?

Strange prices on Amazon. 50 inch is cheaper than 49?

The 49" was 369 a few days ago :(

The 49" was 369 a few days ago :(

More Sterling gouging?

More Sterling gouging?

Dont think so, the 50" is the same price. It's a bit strange.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

the 40" hasn't been available for ages ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Dont think so, the 50" is the same price. It's a bit strange.

I bought mine in December for 379 and the 49 was 384. Price seem to change almost randomly

More Sterling gouging?

Ah, just clicked some of the different sizes. They've different sellers, so guess the 49" sold out for that seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ricimaki

49 Inch is back at £369, but won't be in stock until Tuesday 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

could somebody have a look at this for me, its the 55m7000 model. is it a deal?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-inch-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/dp/B01GPIM4MC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485014548&sr=8-1&keywords=hisense+55m7000

the email looks a bit sketch???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I wouldn't be going near that marketplace seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

could somebody have a look at this for me, its the 55m7000 model. is it a deal?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-inch-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/dp/B01GPIM4MC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485014548&sr=8-1&keywords=hisense+55m7000

the email looks a bit sketch???

That's a whole lotta nope.

Anyone else getting the 49inch jump from 369 to 378 between basket and check out?

Free delivery applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Anyone else getting the 49inch jump from 369 to 378 between basket and check out?

Probably difference in vat rate,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Free delivery applied.

They added VAT for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Can get the BBC iplayer working or is it just a regional thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

siochain wrote: »
    Can get the BBC iplayer working or is it just a regional thing ?

You need to change your location on the TV settings to UK, but you also need a DNS service.
    It's described earlier in this thread, and there's a link to another thread about Getflix, which explains how to set that up - you can sign up for a 2 week trial, and if you like it, can get a lifelime Getflix subscription for 30 odd quid.

Without having to read through 42 pages. Are there any impartial reviews of this range.
    I've the 49" in the basket ready to pull the trigger but need final push

• Registered Users Posts: 15,207 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Without having to read through 42 pages. Are there any impartial reviews of this range.
    I've the 49" in the basket ready to pull the trigger but need final push

I use my 43" daily as a PC monitor and for Plex on my Nvidia shield. I also own an Epson 1080p projector which cost me twice as much, but today was the first time I turned it on in over a month because the TV is so damn good.

Yeah I'm gonna have the PC hooked up to it too (no smart TV can match that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Oat23 wrote: »
    I use my 43" daily as a PC monitor and for Plex on my Nvidia shield. I also own an Epson 1080p projector which cost me twice as much, but today was the first time I turned it on in over a month because the TV is so damn good.

Do you do any PC gaming on it ? What graphics card do you have??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,207 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

will56 wrote: »
    Do you do any PC gaming on it ? What graphics card do you have??

I have a 970. I play non-FPS games on it mostly. The input lag when in game mode is around 80ms, but it is perfectly fine for things like F1, FM and Euro Truck.

I play csgo windowed and it's fine for me (can't get used to it at 43"). I just solo q or play for fun wih my friends. It wouldn't work for the hardcore gamers though.

If anyone is using it as a monitor and not running W10, install a free program called 'aquasnap'. It helps.

How would it do under a 1070 I wonder.I imagine it would be total overkill against the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Anyone get the sky q remote working with this? I have looked around on the net but any suggested codees don't work, its the 50 inch model if that makes any difference

tah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

sweetie wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you let Amazon deliver it for free?

I am about to pull the trigger however: would Anpost actually deliver a 50'' tv to my address? Sorry for asking something that seem obvious, but I had bad experience in the past

Also I see it has a satellite tuner, would anybody knows if it supports Diseq

Advertisement