Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ricimaki

43 inch Hisense is down to £379 on amazon now. 50 inch is £429

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

ricimaki wrote: »
    43 inch Hisense is down to £379 on amazon now. 50 inch is £429

What's the difference between the 49 inch and the 50 besides size

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

Hisense 50" is down to £379 on ao.com (plus £15 delivery to Northern Ireland plus Parcel Motel or other service). Very cheap. Use code
    BIGWEEKEND50 to get £379 price.

Seen this on hotukdeals...
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hisense-h50m3300-50-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-379-00-ao-com-with-code-2627273

What's the latest Firmware for this?
    The TV does not pick any thing up itself.

Also, I have tried some of the calibration settings from AVForums but just getting some ghosting on previously perfect(-ish) images so reset to default again.

Anyone got proven settings on the 49" version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

What's the latest Firmware for this?
    The TV does not pick any thing up itself.

Also, I have tried some of the calibration settings from AVForums but just getting some ghosting on previously perfect(-ish) images so reset to default again.

Anyone got proven settings on the 49" version?

You need to connect an aerial for the TV to pick up Saorview Signal. I had been using th settings from AV forums with no issues. Not sure what firmware mine as on, not at home to check.

• Advertisement

You need to connect an aerial for the TV to pick up Saorview Signal. I had been using th settings from AV forums with no issues. Not sure what firmware mine as on, not at home to check.

I'm not talking about signal. I'm talking about the "system update" feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

I have the 50", had it since November last year. Checked regularly for updates, nothing. Last week the tv prompted me to upgrade the software.

They seem to be releasing the updates in batches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm not talking about signal. I'm talking about the "system update" feature.

Ah apologies, totally misunderstood you. I'll check mine when I get home, mines the 49inch too so we should both have same firmware in theory. What version are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Zilog wrote: »
    3 months ago I was in same position. Bought the LG (661V) as:
    - Freesat with EPG as well as Saorview, although switching between a little awkward
    - More apps - all the UK catch up TV apps, Now Tv, Google Play movies (not play store), Amazon Prime videos, Plex client. No RTE Player though
    - Delivered from Richersounds for 499GBP
    - 6 year warranty!

Very happy with it.

Hi Just wondering are all the channels on the one EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Far as I can tell, all the Freesat ones are. Includes channel logos too.

However, Freesat and Saorview channels are on separate EPGs. You have to switch between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Typical as soon as I ordered the tv it went down in price: the 49'' is down to 379 today
    I've contacted CS to get refunded the difference but they don't want to hear any reason
    I've bluffed a bit and promised that I'll open the box and return it if they don't refund the 20£, however the problem is that I don't have the funds to purchase it at the lower price in the meantime
    And with my luck by the time I return it and they refund the amount it will go up again: anybody knows an effective way to escalate the issue?
    Surely the finacial department would be willing to refund 20£ rather than paying the courier to pick this tv up, sending a new one and having an open box item sitting in the warehouse?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It really depends who you get on the other end of the line/chat, I was dealing with a botched replacement (error on amazons end, entirely their fault) for two months after xmas due to two awful reps, finally got through to someone who actually took the time to understand what had happened, she sorted it but all in I had wasted 3 hours+ dealing with their CS over an issue of their doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Anyone else getting "this webpage is not available" when they try to open youtube?

mathie wrote: »
    Anyone else getting "this webpage is not available" when they try to open youtube?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Freeview Play update for the 49" was there for me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Hey has anyone with the 49" got the Freeview Play update yet?
    just got an update today..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats with all this talk of HDR ?

look at the bottom of this specs page it says it doesn't have it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

fryup wrote: »

The box I received had a HDR logo on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

fryup wrote: »

It was patched in a few months ago in a firmware update.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Got an email from amazon said this is a lightning deal at 3:30pm today. Didnt give a price but might be of use to someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

lankz92 wrote: »
    Got an email from amazon said this is a lightning deal at 3:30pm today. Didnt give a price but might be of use to someone

Deal Price: £339.99 For the 43 inch. All other sizes are not included in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Just pulled the trigger - have been looking at this for ages. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

You need to do a factory reset after the update to get the Freeview epg + catch up Apps , has anyone done it yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Can anyone tell me what the number of the latest update is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

bert911 wrote: »
    You need to do a factory reset after the update to get the Freeview epg + catch up Apps , has anyone done it yet ?

I just unplugged everything for about 5 minutes after the update and then started them up and they were there all working fine.

Is the FreeView region locked? I get errors trying to play anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Is it 4K upscaling or native 4k?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Is it 4K upscaling or native 4k?

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats this telly like picture-wise for SD or watching a DVD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

Dvds are upscaled, so they look good. Sd tv looks crap when you switch from a hd channel, but after about 10 mins you forget, then you get a pleasant shock when you go back to hd :D

Advertisement