Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Has anyone got the anyview cast to work ? If so what app were u using ?

Is there anyway to get it to work with an ipad or macbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

On this tv on Amazon there is a 49" and a 50" option- anyone any idea what the catch is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I was thinking of upgrading my netflix subscription to the 4k version to use on this, does the native app support 4k does anyone know or would I need a firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I was thinking of upgrading my netflix subscription to the 4k version to use on this, does the native app support 4k does anyone know or would I need a firestick?
    I upgraded mine, the native app supports 4K, but not HDR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My Hisense got an update today. Only differences I noticed was the EPG is slightly different, and YouTube now can be controlled ala casting via smartphone like Chromecast. Any other changes I missed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

ibFoxer wrote:
    On this tv on Amazon there is a 49" and a 50" option- anyone any idea what the catch is?

Can anyone answer this.. considering the 49" myself atm..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

looks like this offer has finished, price back up to £449 for 43"

should have bought one before xmas...thought they would have had a january sale..doesn't look likely now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

philstar wrote: »
    looks like this offer has finished, price back up to £449 for 43"

should have bought one before xmas...thought they would have had a january sale..doesn't look likely now :(

It's now pricier than the 49" & 50"

It'll revise downward soon enough when they see they're shifting far fewer units at £449

Tinie wrote: »
    My Hisense got an update today. Only differences I noticed was the EPG is slightly different, and YouTube now can be controlled ala casting via smartphone like Chromecast. Any other changes I missed ?

It said something about freeview play but don't have freeview so no use to me, good for those around the border counties

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It'll revise downward soon enough when they see they're shifting far fewer units at £449

are you speaking from experience? is that the way it goes?

It's the highest it has ever been by nearly €100 I expect they may be lining up a sale at 25% off!(the inflated price which is actually just the normal price)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I dont get prompted for updates - should I be looking for them?

Can't obviously say it'll adjust downwards with absolute certainty, but if prices are out of kilter on a particular product (which they are in this case), they'll often revert after a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Tinie wrote: »

It said something about freeview play but don't have freeview so no use to me, good for those around the border counties

I don't understand that, the TV is advertised as freeview HD, but i'm using the inbuilt tuner for HD freesat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

TheBully wrote:
    Out of stock ATM but surely a bargain?

I got the 55KU6000 and it's an excellent TV. I'm absolutely delighted with it.

The 6200 has Bluetooth which from what I can see is the only main difference. And obvious that link is only the 50" but I don't think anyone would be disappointed with that TV. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

TheBully wrote: »

I paid 470 for the 40 inch version of this before Xmas, great TV for the price, but does not have proper HDR, if you want that you are spending upwards of over 1K usually...

Only difference between a 6000 and a 6020 AFAIK is the 6020 has a built in satellite tuner along with aerial...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Fieldog wrote: »
    I paid 470 for the 40 inch version of this before Xmas, great TV for the price, but does not have proper HDR, if you want that you are spending upwards of over 1K usually...

Only difference between a 6000 and a 6020 AFAIK is the 6020 has a built in satellite tuner along with aerial...

What's the difference between this HDR and the normal HDR? How do you know the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BsBox

cronos wrote: »
    What's the difference between this HDR and the normal HDR? How do you know the difference?

It supports HDR-10, but not Dolby Vision. They achieve mostly the same thing, except DV is technically superior (although proprietary). Think of it like the 'Blu-ray' vs 'HD DVD' format war that happened around 2007.

One will dominate in the end, but for now, you've got the awkward phase where it's a mix of different content providers and manufacturers taking sides.

Here's a nice summary on the whole thing.

• Advertisement

tonic wine wrote: »
    I don't understand that, the TV is advertised as freeview HD, but i'm using the inbuilt tuner for HD freesat?

Freeview play is a new service which is more like sky+ or horizon go with on demand service. It is uk based but also available if you are close enough to the north

Free sat is Irish equivalent without on demand and I believe uses the same tuner as French feee to air tv or something? The tv isn't targeted at Irish market so they don't advertise the free sat but obviously it is capable of tuning it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Freeview play is a new service which is more like sky+ or horizon go with on demand service. It is uk based but also available if you are close enough to the north

Free sat is Irish equivalent without on demand and I believe uses the same tuner as French feee to air tv or something? The tv isn't targeted at Irish market so they don't advertise the free sat but obviously it is capable of tuning it

Freesat isn't the Irish equivalent of anything.You are confusing Saorview and Freeview, I think. Freesat is, as the name suggests, over satellite. It is a UK product, and can be picked up by TVs that have a satellite tuner or a satellite receiver.
    Freeview and Saorview both require a terrestrial tuner

Freesat isn't the Irish equivalent of anything.You are confusing Saorview and Freeview, I think. Freesat is, as the name suggests, over satellite. It is a UK product, and can be picked up by TVs that have a satellite tuner or a satellite receiver.
    Freeview and Saorview both require a terrestrial tuner

Sorry, I was incorrect. Got confused between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Freeview play will be a great addition to everyone with smart dns.
    You should find that when pressing the Input button on the remote and going up the list there will be a new Freeview Play Icon at the top (above your favourite Apps list) which will allow you to access all of the new catch-up apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV, 4oD, 5 On-demand and UKTV Play) without using the EPG

Skerries wrote: »

Not a like for like comparison.

Amazon link's for a 65" TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Happy to learn that the screen is sturdy enough after crashing a drone into it at considerable speed, upon inspection i identified a number of scratches caused by the propellers, however with a little bit of gentle persuasion these scratches came right off and am happy to report the screen is looking as good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭cletus

Happy to learn that the screen is sturdy enough after crashing a drone into it at considerable speed, upon inspection i identified a number of scratches caused by the propellers, however with a little bit of gentle persuasion these scratches came right off and am happy to report the screen is looking as good as ever.

Is this something that's recommended? Because I don't have a drone. I'm good at paper aeroplanes though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

givecredit wrote: »
    Freeview play will be a great addition to everyone with smart dns.
    You should find that when pressing the Input button on the remote and going up the list there will be a new Freeview Play Icon at the top (above your favourite Apps list) which will allow you to access all of the new catch-up apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV, 4oD, 5 On-demand and UKTV Play) without using the EPG

Cheers for posting.
    Got this sorted on my TV - wasn't really aware of it before you posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

givecredit wrote:
    Freeview play will be a great addition to everyone with smart dns. You should find that when pressing the Input button on the remote and going up the list there will be a new Freeview Play Icon at the top (above your favourite Apps list) which will allow you to access all of the new catch-up apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV, 4oD, 5 On-demand and UKTV Play) without using the EPG

Any idea why I can't find this option on my TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Have you set up a smart DNS service?

There's another thread on this forum about Getflix - I signed up for the free 2 week trial, and once you change your TVs location to UK, enter the Dublin DNS server on your TVs network settings and validate your IP address on the Getflix website, it appears like magic
    (I'm not using a Hisense, but imagine it's the same process)

Advertisement