Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

Netflix app looks very grainy indeed, as previous poster mentioned. HD not UHD option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

I have zero issue with hd netflix app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Netflix app looks very grainy indeed, as previous poster mentioned. HD not UHD option

Have you a UHD subsription? I have no issues with it, it snot HDR but it is 4k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have no issues with the Netflix app, going from watching something 4K back to 1080 is very noticeable as you would expect, but the HD is fine no grain.

Have you a UHD subsription? I have no issues with it, it snot HDR but it is 4k

HD not UHD

Using the app is grainy on this.

Using same sub on 60" 1080 plasma not such grain (but less detail)

games and Bluray are perfect though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

What soundbar are you guys using with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    whats with all this talk of HDR ?

look at the bottom of this specs page it says it doesn't have it
    Xenji wrote: »
    It was patched in a few months ago in a firmware update.

so where's the link for the firmware update?

no mention of it on the official website ??

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Is anybody tunnelling their Hisense through a VPN? I'd like to connect it to my UK hosted VPN but don't see any options in the TV settings. I don't believe my router supports tunnelling a single device through the VPN also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Willbbz wrote: »
    Is anybody tunnelling their Hisense through a VPN? I'd like to connect it to my UK hosted VPN but don't see any options in the TV settings. I don't believe my router supports tunnelling a single device through the VPN also

If it's just iPlayer etc you want, a DNS service should suffice..
    Earlier in the thread you'll see talk of this (e.g. getflix lifetime subscription for 30 odd quid)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

UsedToWait wrote: »
    If it's just iPlayer etc you want, a DNS service should suffice..
    Earlier in the thread you'll see talk of this (e.g. getflix lifetime subscription for 30 odd quid)

Good info I'll give that a try. Thanks !

• Advertisement

so where's the link for the firmware update?

no mention of it on the official website ??

You can get it on their French site http://www.hisense.fr mine just downloaded automatically back in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

here is the download page for the 43"

http://www.hisense.fr/system/files/telechargements/Mise_a_jour_firmware_43M3000.pdf

49"

http://www.hisense.fr/system/files/telechargements/Mise_a_jour_firmware_49M3000.pdf

google translate version

1. Identify the correct firmware version by checking the HSSO code on the label at The back of your TV
    2. If your code is the HSSO-43300673EU, download the files under: [url]Http://www.hisense.fr/telechargement/TV/K300/43M3000/HSSO-43300673EU[/url] / upgrade_loader.pkg (version H0121)
    3. Put the file at the root of a USB key formatted in FAT32
    4. Note the currently installed firmware version Menu> All> About> Information system
    5. Switch off the TV with the button on the remote control
    6. Turn on the TV with the button on the remote control and hold down "Software Updating" message appears
    7. The Hisense logo appears and the update message appears
    8. Wait about 10 minutes for the update to take place. DO NOT TURN OFF OR UNPLUG ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY
    9. At the end of the update, the TV automatically restarts
    10. You can check the update in Menu> All> About> System Information

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

does that do for the 40" TV as well??

i read somewhere that the panel has to be 10 bit (whatever that means) for it to render HDR?

sorry, can anyone answer my question above

please

sorry, can anyone answer my question above

please

Mine is the 43" and has HDR it is the same model as the 40" just a larger screen.

but has anyone with the 40" downloaded that firmware?? i don't want to brick it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

50inch m3300 Lightning deal for £379.99
    ends in little over 2hours
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DUPUE4I/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

KilOit wrote: »
    50inch m3300 Lightning deal for £379.99
    ends in little over 2hours
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DUPUE4I/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that was £258 quid last autumn winter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

judeboy101 wrote: »
    that was £258 quid last autumn winter

*From a 3rd party seller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

does this TV have a built in satellite receiver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

philstar wrote: »
    does this TV have a built in satellite receiver?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just a heads up to anyone who uses the in built wuaki app or was thinking of using it...

Hunky Dorys are doing a movie night promo with packets at the moment giving away a free movie rentals on wuaki.tv I said I'd try it now the movies are on in SD but I just watched Jack Reacher Never back Down and it looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Doesn't appear to be a great price to me as i see Curry's are doing a 40inch 4k Ultra HD JVC TV for E399

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Doesn't appear to be a great price to me as i see Curry's are doing a 40inch 4k Ultra HD JVC TV for E399

this wees over any JVC tv tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Back down to £379 for 50" on amazon in case someone is looking for it, forgot to take it off alerts after I bought it. Great TV for the price
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01DUPUE4I/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭rotorhead

Can anyone who bought a hisense confirm that both tuners /feeds ie freeview and freesat can be used at same time
    Reason I saw an amazon review that stated that a retune is needed every time you change over

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Anyone else have a recent issue with Plex on this TV? Was working for months since I got it but has recently stopped working.

Says to check internet connection.

Internet is perfect.
    Plex is running and latest version.
    TV shows up as connected device in Plex settings.

Really frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I could never really get Plex to work properly on my 65".

It either doesn't open properly or won't play films

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm looking at getting a 4K TV and while I'd never touch the likes of Bush/Walker/Cello and those other cheap brands, I've heard good things about Hisense. I know the SD picture is bad but that's of no concern for me - it would be used solely for 1080P and 4K media files as well as playing some games on the XB1/PS4/PC.

Does anyone use it for the latter purpose? What's going like on it - what are response times and black levels like? Does the media player play 8/10 bit hevc? I currently have a 1080p 49" samsung curved and the picture quality is excellent with brilliant blacks and it's also compatiable with any type of media, including 4k hevc 10-bit files. Now this isn't strictly make or break as my PC is close enough I could hook it up but just curious.

Advertisement