Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman why all the fawning over her?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

pauliebdub wrote: »
    She seems like a nice person and a reasonable actor from what I've seen her in. Trouble is she's overexposed, there's too much of her in the media like inane stories in the online Indo all the time.

Exactly. The Indo might as well change it's name to "The Amypendent". Sometimes the Amy-related non-stories are daily fare. My guess is that she has a relentless publicist with contacts in the Indo who hasn't realised that too much exposure can have the opposite effect to that intended.

The numerous stories about them moving into their "dream home" which "needs a bit of work" seemed particularly tasteless consider the current wave of homelessness.

Nothing against the lady herself, I just think there must be other equally or even more-talented people in the country in more need of a bit of exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm happy for her and she is talented, but for god sake can we not get someone on RTE whose not related to someone famous? I suspect a lot of what is called begrudgery is people fed up with nepotisim. I'm not talking about Amy but they're not giving anyone else a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Name another irish actress on TV.

You cant cos they are either bowsers like the ones on Fair City, or are boggers like on every other RTE show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Sound Bite wrote: »
    She had an acting role as Daisy in The Clinic years ago at a time when Brian was dating the far more annoyed than Amy presenter from Xpose.

I said to my fella once when talking about the Woman of BOD, when he was humming and hawing a bit over Amy: "Yeah but she's better-looking than that Gilson one" and he was like "Nah, Gilson would get it over Huberman". That was... surprising, as I think Gilson looks a bit mental. But I don't have a willy so what could I say? :pac: He thinks Amy Huberman's mouth is weird and that Gilson has a better bod. I'm sure Amy is totes devo at this revelation! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Gilson is much more physically attractive than Huberman. Huberman is more wifey though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Glenster wrote: »

You cant cos they are either bowsers like the ones on Fair City, or are boggers like on every other RTE show.

It's the same actresses from Love/Hate, Raw, etc you see in semi-decent RTE dramas and the rest get stuck with Fairly Sh1tty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Kerry Condon, Maria Doyle-Kennedy, Catherine Walker and Nora-Jane Noone. I'm sure there are more, but these are particularly attractive, sultry creatures in the humble yet educated opinion of this Marine! :D

ligerdub wrote: »
    Gilson is much more physically attractive than Huberman. Huberman is more wifey though.

Glenda Gilson is like Mr. Ed with decent legs. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Kerry Condon, Maria Doyle-Kennedy, Catherine Walker and Nora-Jane Noone. I'm sure there are more, but these are particularly attractive, sultry creatures in the humble yet educated opinion of this Marine! :D

Last on RTE programming

Kerry Condon -Ballykissangel 1999

Maria Doyle Kennedy - District Detective Unit 1999

Catherine Walker - (never heard of her but apparently) The Clinic 2009

Nora-Jane Noone- Never been on Irish TV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Glenda Gilson is like Mr. Ed with decent legs. :pac:

I know which one of the two I'd prefer to ride. :D

[img][/img]https://i.img.ie/036.jpg

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

Is it amy huberman?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Last on RTE programming

Nora-Jane Noone- Never been on Irish TV

You must have missed all the Jack taylor episodes so.........

God almighty she looks terrible there, like something that shambled out of Belsen. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

God almighty she looks terrible there, like something that shambled out of Belsen. :pac:

You don't have to be a fan of the body type but to label an athletic body that obviously takes great work to maintain as a concentration camp victim is just incredibly ignorant.

You don't have to be a fan of the body type but to label an athletic body that obviously takes great work to maintain as a concentration camp victim is just incredibly ignorant.

Ah come on. This is AH. We are expected to be incredibly ignorant. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

More of a fan of the 100m sprinter build myself chief, but that's ignorance for you. :pac:

More of a fan of the 100m sprinter build myself chief, but that's ignorance for you. :pac:

[img][/img]https://i.img.ie/03P.jpg

I'd be more into Vogue William's physique to be honest. Couldn't handle the accent, but she looks good.

[img][/img]https://i.img.ie/03P.jpg

I'd be more into Vogue William's physique to be honest. Couldn't handle the accent, but she looks good.

Sure, I could see those thighs pulling a sub-11s with some <harrumph> training... :pac:

dudara wrote: »
    She's pretty, famous, funny and married to one of our rugby legends. She's written novels and starred in TV shows, which is more than I've done. Plus, she seems to be a fairly classy lady.

She's not 100% my cup of tea but I wish her success. No need to be tearing someone down

Which would pour cold water on one of our favourite national pasttimes? Pfft ;)

Nothing personal against her but not a fan of the new show if im being honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just watched that Striking Out episode. Boring predictable stuff altogether. Suits the Hube though. Its all shes ever starred in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Everything I've seen her in seems to be a tailor made vehicle to showcase her talent at the expense of the plot, other characters and entertainment.
    Unfortunately, she's not talented enough to carry that type of show which is why everything that she's been in has been unwatchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Tbf, out of all the Irish "socialites" she's by far the most likable. She just seems nice. I'd rather be bombarded with stuff about her than some of her counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

It's the same actresses from Love/Hate, Raw, etc you see in semi-decent RTE dramas and the rest get stuck with Fairly Sh1tty.

It's amazing how many fair city heads you can spot in old irish films and dramas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Robsweezie wrote: »
    It's amazing how many fair city heads you can spot in old irish films and dramas.

Giving or receiving?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 coffeeandgolf

I like Amy a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 coffeeandgolf

Fully agree with you.

This is why I was delighted hen Natalie Imbruglia gave Glenda Gilson the cold shoulder.

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

She was in the pilot of a US comedy a couple of years ago, which looks like an absolute crock of ****e. Here's the trailer with Amy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5_v45VGIjG0

And here's the trailer with the actor who replaced herðŸ˜႒

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSXipmcKSiE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

So in a comedy that was deemed **** by most, she was the one who was cut. Make of that what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Everything I've seen her in seems to be a tailor made vehicle to showcase her talent at the expense of the plot, other characters and entertainment.
    Unfortunately, she's not talented enough to carry that type of show which is why everything that she's been in has been unwatchable.

Arra would you give over. She is a gem.

Anyone who is big enough to have a tailormade vehicle made to showcase her talent is pretty good now whatever the gripers say.
    Some are just going to moan, or are dazzled by the the breadth of Amy's success, both in her personal career, and as the Drickster's wife. They truly are Ireland's most beautiful and talented couple, all wrapped up in one loving marriage. Give her some credit for proving that miracles and true golden lives do exist.

Advertisement