Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman why all the fawning over her?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I quite like her for all the reasons mentioned above. She's really funny, not afraid to laugh at herself, seems really down to earth and has kept herself consistently working and diversifying for the last decade or more.

Wouldn't be a huge fan of her acting skills but I thought she wasn't too bad in her new show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

She's got a decent sized mouth too , not one of skinny little pinched up mouths that some of those young ones have nowadays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

She's got a decent sized mouth too , not one of skinny little pinched up mouths that some of those young ones have nowadays.

Whaa???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Shes very lucky- she has it all when so many people in this country have sweet fcuk all. She has a rich and famous boyfriend, a chance to act in RTE dramas, a big mansion of a house, a healthy child and is good looking. I hope she thanks her lucky stars every night.

Ooh, who is her boyfriend, does BOD know about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

bigpink wrote: »
    I havent seen muxh of her stuff bar the 2 shows i mentiones but she seems to get non stop coverage

That'll be down to what you are reading/watching (Irish celebrity shoite I'd guess), I haven't heard anything about her in at least 2 years but I purposely avoid the dross that would spend time discussing such people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Being in the media through ads for a show she's in and people saying she's witty isn't tantamount to the country fawning over her.

It's just that RTE are promoting the show and people think she's funny and likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭baldbear

Shes very lucky- she has it all when so many people in this country have sweet fcuk all. She has a rich and famous boyfriend, a chance to act in RTE dramas, a big mansion of a house, a healthy child and is good looking. I hope she thanks her lucky stars every night.

Jaysus would you stop. Her husband is famous/rich because he was a savage rugby player. You don't need a big house/kids & good looks to thank your lucky stars every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good luck to her, not a fan of her, but well done on her success.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 wherearemykeys

I follow her on Instagram and she is very witty and likeable!! I watched her RTE programme the other night and thought she was ok. There are better Irish actresses who could have gotten the role IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's wrong with the other one?

• Advertisement

Suppose fair play rich famous now.just need a one break

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dudara wrote: »
    She's pretty, famous, funny and married to one of our rugby legends. She's written novels and starred in TV shows, which is more than I've done. Plus, she seems to be a fairly classy lady.

She's not 100% my cup of tea but I wish her success. No need to be tearing someone down.

That's a bit of a silly thing to say. Yes it might be true, but that's her job.

Now I have no idea what job you have, but lets say you are an accountant who has your own practice and you sell insurance and mortgages etc and employ 200 people. Oh and you have run 15 marathons and cycled around the world all for charity etc etc....

Now, Amy Huberman can say that is more than she has done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Jealous?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

bigpink wrote: »
    Suppose fair play rich famous now.just need a one break
    I have no doubt she (and her husband) have worked very very hard to wind up where they are today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I was annoyed by her a bit a few years ago with the determionation of Irish media (all of it) to turn her and BOD into our own version of The Beckhams or Brangelina - wasn't there even a "Briamy" buzzword around them at one stage (or something like that)?

But since BOD retired, all of that died down.

She's not an absolute stunner and she's not ugly either

I have no idea what her acting ability is like but I'm sure I'll find out eventually. I did come across a film a few days ago where she was playing an Irish girl and put on an exaggerated Irish country accent. Now that was annoying, so I only watched it for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

the Good wife, which itself was a terrible series and poorly written and acted.

Just cause you didn't like it, that doesn't mean it was terrible.
    Ah here the good wife has some incredible acting and the writing is superb!

+1. It didn't get 7 seasons, 156 episodes, win a Golden Globe and heap of Emmys and other stuff cause it was terrible and poorly written and acted :rolleyes:
    jimgoose wrote: »
    In furtherance, Julianna Margulies be mightily sex-aahh. :cool:

Indeed :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

All you need these day's to get somewhere is a Mid Atlantic accent,good looks ability to sell your soul to the divel, ruthlessness and be a street angel.
    You also have to be able to put yourself out there and rub shoulders with the elite.

Any gob****e can do it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

All you need these day's to get somewhere is a Mid Atlantic accent,good looks ability to sell your soul to the divel, ruthlessness and be a street angel.
    You also have to be able to put yourself out there and rub shoulders with the elite.

That's quite the list for "all you need"!

If it's that easy, why is'nt every gob****e doing it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Because she's a talented woman mostly.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Jealous?

Well id be jealous of having a secure future of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

I've never heard of you! What shows have you acted in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

She's grand, a inoffensive type. So I have no issues with her getting attention. Plus, she was known before marrying O'Driscoll so she's more than a WAG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Didn't she win the lovely girls competiton one year?

Seve OB wrote: »
    That's a bit of a silly thing to say. Yes it might be true, but that's her job.

Now I have no idea what job you have, but lets say you are an accountant who has your own practice and you sell insurance and mortgages etc and employ 200 people. Oh and you have run 15 marathons and cycled around the world all for charity etc etc....

Now, Amy Huberman can say that is more than she has done ;)

Totally agree, saying "Well, I haven't done that!" always strikes me as a bit inane. If someone has a very different job than you then of course you haven't! Also, I'm always a bit suspicious when shelebs write books. Do they get help?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

jimgoose wrote: »
    In furtherance, Julianna Margulies be mightily sex-aahh.

Agreed, but in the very very very very very very very very very very unlikely event that I'm lucky enough to wind up in bed with either Ms. Marguiles or Ms. Huberman, I think I would prefer Ms. Huberman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Can't be bothered reading this thread, but isn't it mostly that she stays in Ireland without making desperate efforts to land any kind of leeway internationally by scraping up tiny nothing roles in major movies with the hope of moving up the ladder? Means she's always very available to the Irish media and really needs to promote the hell out of herself here to make up for the lack of international recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Her fetching mammary glands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

She was dealt a fairly nice hand and is playing it well.

Good looking lady, landed a famous hubby, ran in the right circles to get herself published. Her work isn't my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean much. Can't fault her for any of it really, more luck to her.

She actually got cast in some American pilot for a few years ago. It was picked up by a network but her part was re-cast after the pilot. I think it bombed anyway.

Then there was Threesome in the UK but that was godawful. Maybe she'd do better in a decent comedy vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Who is fawning over her?

OP I think you need to stay away from the daily mail/tabloids/joe.ie/her.ie

Advertisement