Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman why all the fawning over her?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I always thought she was pretty good actress. Surprised she never made it outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭route9

Very good actress based on what I saw...wouldn't fancy her at all though! Plus that show the other night was WOEFUL. Watching paint dry would have been far more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    She actually got cast in some American pilot for a few years ago. It was picked up by a network but her part was re-cast after the pilot. I think it bombed anyway.

Then there was Threesome in the UK but that was godawful. Maybe she'd do better in a decent comedy vehicle.

Oh yeah I remember that now, it must have been a right blow to have a network say they want the sitcom but not you.

Ah sure it's a horrible industry in many respects. They're always after somebody younger, better looking etc. Very short window of opportunity to 'make it' and become established.

Oh yeah I remember that now, it must have been a right blow to have a network say they want the sitcom but not you.

Ah sure it's a horrible industry in many respects. They're always after somebody younger, better looking etc. Very short window of opportunity to 'make it' and become established.

Yup, and especially for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bigpink wrote: »
    She is always in the media.I watched her new show last night and imo it was poor.Saw her in that other Rte series recently and again not great but people do be fawning over her
    She juat seems to go over me

I like to imagine that bigpink is in fact Amy Huberman. She has watched the first episode of her latest show and felt it was a little weak. Not terrible, but not what she had hoped. She is blaming herself, even though her performance was competent and viewers will be more inclined to place the blame on the mediocre script writing.

So she finds herself sitting at home having a crisis of confidence, falling in to a shame spiral she seeks some reassurance with a self-deprecating post on Boards.ie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I know who she is but I wouldn't recognise her if she pissed on my cat.

osarusan wrote: »

She's notorious for doing this, so bide your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Caliden wrote: »
    Who is fawning over her?

OP I think you need to stay away from the daily mail/tabloids/joe.ie/her.ie

To be fair, it's the likes of the indo that are more annoying in their pushing of a certain scene as opposed to some of the scensters themselves.

Most of us, if we're honest, would probably at the very least allow ourselves to benefit (if not actively exploit) from the brief window of financial or professional opportunities that might arise from being very pretty and married to a famous figure etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

She is always in the media.I watched her new show last night and imo it was poor.Saw her in that other Rte series recently and again not great but people do be fawning over her

Well she's married to one of our sporting super stars of international renown so, ..well umm ...have a bit of respect there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

osarusan wrote: »

Does that help you recognise people? Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Maybe she's being groomed for the Aras ?
    Brian and herself are never out of the papers these days.
    A handsome young couple, well known Internationally, popular, why, we could have our very own Camelot in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Maybe she's being groomed for the Aras ?
    Brian and herself are never out of the papers these days.
    A handsome young couple, well known Internationally, popular, why, we could have our very own Camelot in the Park.

Miriam would be sooooo annoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Ahh, when you didn't get any joy with image search you should have clicked Web (beside Images).. you'd have got sorted then..

Great suggestion. Thanks. Now I'm aware there's an actress called Amy Huberman who has been in something on RTE and some films I've never heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I don't get it either. Probably a rugby thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

dudara wrote: »
    She's pretty, famous, funny and married to one of our rugby legends. She's written novels and starred in TV shows, which is more than I've done. Plus, she seems to be a fairly classy lady.

She's not 100% my cup of tea but I wish her success. No need to be tearing someone down.

Sure she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

maudgonner wrote: »
    Miriam would be sooooo annoyed!

Genuinely!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I know she has been credited with writing them but I genuinely doubt that she actually wrote them. Becasue of who her husband is and the renown she has because of this it's bound to help sales of generic fluff like that if they attach her name to it and pay some lackey to write the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Especially for women. I recall Caroline Morahan heading stateside in her early 30s and thinking "about a decade too late". Having said that, Caitriona Balfe is doing well and she started out late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Probably slapped her name on it, to sell a few books for a publishing company as putting on Mary x wouldn't sell .... she seems to be on every other new Rte show , so I guess if you want a show on RTE get Amy on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Great suggestion. Thanks. Now I'm aware there's an actress called Amy Huberman who has been in something on RTE and some films I've never heard of.

Clearly, Irish Guitarist exists in a different intellectual sphere to frippery such as Irish celebrities.

Amirite?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I think she is a pretty good actress, it's hard to tell because she is never given good material. She made the best of a pretty poor script the other night. Saw a glimmer of acting potential when she was fighting the Mammy towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I know she has been credited with writing them but I genuinely doubt that she actually wrote them. Becasue of who her husband is and the renown she has because of this it's bound to help sales of generic fluff like that if they attach her name to it and pay some lackey to write the book.
    Probably slapped her name on it, to sell a few books for a publishing company as putting on Mary x wouldn't sell .... she seems to be on every other new Rte show , so I guess if you want a show on RTE get Amy on it

Her first book was published in 2009, she married BOD in 2010, so I doubt she was piggy-backing (or being piggy-backed) on his fame for that.

She was quite well-known long before she met and married him, that's not her only claim to fame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    That's quite the list for "all you need"!

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    If it's that easy, why is'nt every gob****e doing it

Well it's the gob****es that are doing it.

Her first book was published in 2009, she married BOD in 2010, so I doubt she was piggy-backing (or being piggy-backed) on his fame for that.

She was quite well-known long before she met and married him, that's not her only claim to fame.

Her main claim to fame is O'Driscoll and she was going out with him for a long time before her first book was published.

I don't think I would class her as being quite well known before she was with O'Driscoll.

Nothing against her she might as well cash in on her fame while she can but I have a feeling without O'Driscoll we wouldn't be hearing too much about her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

xabi wrote:
    I've never heard of you! What shows have you acted in?

Nice try, I never said anything about show's, I was only trying to act sarcastic.

I never said anything about anyone either, my post was hypothetical.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Yes and that pre-BOD fame would also be enough to attach her name to a few books.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

she's our own Posh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I don't care either way but the coverage she gets along with Roz, Rosanna,vogue etc in the indo particularly and rte as well is nauseating. The media are hell bent on creating a celeb scene in Ireland and the reality is the country is far too small for that kind of nonsense. The indo declared them Ireland's golden couple a few weeks ago. Some of the articles about these ladies are just absolutely dumb and it's really just done to create articles/clicks for websites. No-one really cares what Amy and bod had for lunch, or where they went shopping. They made a big deal out of their new house in the indo recently for example..And it was quite tasteless IMO given the homeless situation, but we got full blown articles on the house, the planning issues, the horror of having no carpets or curtains..In more than one article. It's not news and shouldn't be treated as such. Similarly Vogue and co. In the news for absolutely no reason at all.
    They also have really good PR people shoving this nonsense into the media outlets on a daily basis and the media are quite happy to publish. The likes of Amy Huberman are delighted with exposure. It makes them money at the end of the day...And no doubt they are all friendly with the "journalists" as well so all nice and cosy. You could blame the media for all this but their publicists and the people in question are as big a part of the problem.
    I refuse to click on these articles any more even out of curiosity

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

dudara wrote: »
    She's pretty, famous, funny and married to one of our rugby legends. She's written novels and starred in TV shows, which is more than I've done. Plus, she seems to be a fairly classy lady.

She's not 100% my cup of tea but I wish her success. No need to be tearing someone down.

Pretty much every thread started by the OP tears someone down.

Advertisement