Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman why all the fawning over her?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

vkid wrote: »
    It is naive in the extreme to suggest Ames or Roz, Rozanna , Vogue etc are not involved in this process. The content of a lot of the articles is testament to that.

Amy is less of a self publicist.

I think she's a prefectly fine actress.

Never heard of her
    Is she one who owns Uber Taxis
    That is very successful

I've heard of her but I've never heard of Kim Khardasian.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've heard of her but I've never heard of Kim Khardasian.
    I've been to paradise but I've never been to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

ligerdub wrote: »
    Nice try ;)

Well thats just asking for it........

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Yeh you have. You're right there where you left you. Chump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Nothing against her acting ability or personality but she smiles like she's just let rip and only she's got the whiff so far and is just waiting on Drico to catch it

I've never heard of Amy Huberman or Amy Huberman's husband and ex Irish international ruby player Brian O'Driscol, or Bod as I call him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭secman

tigger123 wrote: »
    That got her a break I'm sure, but she's a good actor in her own right.

She was acting a long time before she ever met body, she's not a bad actress at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

I worked with her for a few weeks many years ago...around 2004/2005....not in acting.

She's so pretty and so nice. She's amazing eyes.

I thought about asking her out but I think she was with someone at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

That's the most irritating phrase ever begrudgery- people are just sick of these talentless nobodies like Roz and the ilk popping up on newspapers/Facebook pages about non story events like what so and so has for lunch or every show Amy does is automatically totes amazeballs

Usually used by people that have nothing to add to the argument and it's the only thing that comes into their tiny minds, why the fcuk would someone begrudge someone they don't like anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Have you been to Nice and the isle of Greece, have you sipped champagne on a yacht?
    Moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo, and showed 'em what you've got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

i can't work out whether she has more, or larger teeth than the average lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

She was good in Stella Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

We have only a few talented really beautiful actress,s in ireland .And being
    married to a famous rugby player makes her more famous .
    We don,t have that many famous irish people who still live here .
    There loads of irish actress,s who no one would notice if they sat beside them in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

infogiver wrote: »
    Have you been to Nice yep and the isle of Greece nope have you sipped champagne on a yacht? Of course... Hasn't everyone?
    Moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo ummm... Been to Monte Carlo, not sure who Harlow even is, and showed 'em what you've got? I plead the 5th!

Not bad.

Greece is on the list!

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Usually used by people that have nothing to add to the argument and it's the only thing that comes into their tiny minds, why the fcuk would someone begrudge someone they don't like anyway?

Isn't that exactly who you would begrudge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 roysh1

The Indo is a giant troll but saying that, people love to hate these nauseating articles on the likes of Rosanna Davison and I'm pretty sure the Indo are all too aware of this. I doubt these "journalists" actually believe or mean what they type in these profiles. I think theres a knowing irony in a lot of these articles. It's just trolling, they publish these cring worthy articles because they know they'll get a reaction. And it's working, they've got us talking about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Not bad.

Greece is on the list!

Harlow is Jean Harlow an old Holywood actress from the golden age.
    Much admired for her hair.
    Here's the song.
    https://youtu.be/SZgIk2b68gQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

Remember when BOD scored the touchdown and Ryan was like isn't Amy a lucky girl to be pleasing him tonight in bed on behalf of everyone in Ireland.

Late late show. It happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Say what you like about her acting but at least she has a career in her own right rather than just trading of her other half like a lot of the other far more annoying, famous for no reason, people that feature in the Indo on a regular basis. She also seems far more down to earth and less self absorbed than the others who fill the column inches.

She had an acting role as Daisy in The Clinic years ago at a time when Brian was dating the far more annoyed than Amy presenter from Xpose. She was fairly good in the role from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Say what you like about her acting but at least she has a career in her own right rather than just trading of her other half like a lot of the other far more annoying, famous for no reason, people that feature in the Indo on a regular basis. She also seems far more down to earth and less self absorbed than the others who fill the column inches.

She had an acting role as Daisy in The Clinic years ago at a time when Brian was dating the far more annoyed than Amy presenter from Xpose. She was fairly good in the role from what I remember.

A good point to be fair. I doubt they are set for life though, so income streams are required so if she can get the work she should take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

She can't be considered a good actress until she's gone from Machinist Christian Bale to Batman Christian Bale to American Hustle Christian Bale
    Now, he's an actress

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Remember when BOD scored the touchdown and Ryan was like isn't Amy a lucky girl to be pleasing him tonight in bed on behalf of everyone in Ireland.

Late late show. It happened.

I doubt that happened outside of your fevered imagination...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 psychoniamh

She is so witty, see her Instagram and Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Sound Bite wrote: »

Oh yeah forgot he went out with eyebrows Glenda! Definitely a trade up to Amy.

I think why people fawn over Amy is she seems like the nicest most down-to-earth Irish celeb. She's had a long acting career so far, I remember her on 'On Home Ground' way back in 2001. She's had a decent set of credits since there in various Irish and UK productions. She deserves all the success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I think why people fawn over Amy is she seems like the nicest most down-to-earth Irish celeb. She's had a long acting career so far, I remember her on 'On Home Ground' way back in 2001. She's had a decent set of credits since there in various Irish and UK productions. She deserves all the success.

And has been poor in most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

(Some) Irish people must be the most begrudging fcukers on the planet.

Here is someone who is doing pretty well for herself and look how many people are trying to knock her.

More luck to her I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I remember working on a film about 16 years ago and there was this lovely young woman in it who I had a little bit of a crush on.

Over the years, I spotted her on various RTE productions and thought, there's that girl I worked on a film with in Galway in 2000.

It is only in the last six months that I realised that said woman is actually Amy Huberman that I follow on twitter, is married to BOD and is really quite famous for being talented, smart and funny.

I had to idea that I (slightly) knew Amy Huberman before she was famous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

She seems like a nice person and a reasonable actor from what I've seen her in. Trouble is she's overexposed, there's too much of her in the media like inane stories in the online Indo all the time.

Advertisement