Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman why all the fawning over her?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 4:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

She is always in the media.I watched her new show last night and imo it was poor.Saw her in that other Rte series recently and again not great but people do be fawning over her
    She juat seems to go over me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

She's totes amazeballs!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's because of who her husband is.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

GLaDOS wrote: »
    It's because of who her husband is.

That got her a break I'm sure, but she's a good actor in her own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

She's incredibly nice, and therefore I'd imagine great to work with. And of course, she's hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Because she is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She's pretty, famous, funny and married to one of our rugby legends. She's written novels and starred in TV shows, which is more than I've done. Plus, she seems to be a fairly classy lady.

She's not 100% my cup of tea but I wish her success. No need to be tearing someone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really enjoyed her in Threesome, should have gotten more than 2 series, also she was great in Your Bad Self from way back which also had Donal Gleeson.

Shes also kinda hot and pretty funny on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't seen the latest series yet, but she's gorgeous (IMO), seems to be a genuinely nice, nay lovely, person, is married to another famous, really nice person.

Why wouldn't she make the news?

And I don't agree that there's all that much "fawning" over her - she has a new series out, of course she'll be in the news at the moment!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I havent seen muxh of her stuff bar the 2 shows i mentiones but she seems to get non stop coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Totes ledge. Dubes for Hubes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I like her well enough. She's decent in stuff and comes across as a nice enough sort. Not bad to look at either. I know she's Irish and doing well for herself so I should instinctively dislike her whatever, but she seems all right in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I have absolutely no idea who she is so I did a Google image search. I still have no idea who she is.

I have missed all her other acting so didnt realise she was that good and well known.
    Thought it was a p.r push over the new series alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I have absolutely no idea who she is so I did a Google image search. I still have no idea who she is.

Ahh, when you didn't get any joy with image search you should have clicked Web (beside Images).. you'd have got sorted then..

bigpink wrote: »
    I have missed all her other acting so didnt realise she was that good and well known.
    Thought it was a p.r push over the new series alright

It's crap. Like if Marian Keyes wrote Ross O'Carroll-Kelly. "Tara Rafferty", in the name a' Cheeses... :pac::pac::pac:

I hear everyone saying she is so funny thats what i meant in fawning.nothibg to do with her acting profession

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The Indo does fawn over her a lot but she's really nice in person. Best of luck to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

bigpink wrote: »
    I hear everyone saying she is so funny thats what i meant in fawning.nothibg to do with her acting profession
    Ages ago there was an interview with her and her mother (can't remember what station or interviewer) and the two of them came across as hilariously funny and very, very nice people.

So maybe that's why so many people say she's so funny - she really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Overly pushed by RTE/independent in whatever she's in - is it just me or do a lot of her shows get cut a lot after the first season ...: not a great actress but her PR team do a good job on her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Because she's good looking enough that you'd want to ride her but not so good looking that you wouldn't have a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I follow her on social media and she's a very funny lady. Not afraid to poke fun at herself and comes across as being pretty down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It's Ireland.

We promote our own celebrity culture.

She gets on with the right people in the D4 circle over in Montrose so she gets a TV series.

The Series is terribly written and poorly acted and is a very amateurish rip off of the Good wife, which itself was a terrible series and poorly written and acted.

I won't watch it and I dont read the Indo which is a rag but best of luck to her.

WWN hit the nail on the head http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/01/03/irish-independent-confirms-amy-huberman-has-won-9-oscars-for-new-rte-tv-drama/?utm_source=WWN_Facebook_Page&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Social_Link&utm_content=Article

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've never watched her tv shows or films.

I do follow her on Instagram though! She has nice clothes. :o She's also quite funny on Instagram. Uses lots of puns. She seems like a nice person and a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Ah here the good wife has some incredible acting and the writing is superb!

Why do people follow her then

Ah here the good wife has some incredible acting and the writing is superb!

In furtherance, Julianna Margulies be mightily sex-aahh. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No interest in her it her show, not my thing.

But hey,

Well done to her for getting somewhere and making a name for herself rather than just be the woman married to Brian.

To hell with the begrudgers

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

She won't get much roles out of the spotlight so actors in general need to be constantly relevant in the news and media! I agree she is fawned over but I think that's because people genuinely like her. I'd say she is good craic and not afraid to get her hands dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Is she really always in the media?

She's in little of the media I consume? I saw an ad for her new show on TV over Christmas, but it was in the pub and the sound was off, so she hasn't caused me any offence.

You aren't reading the Indo on a daily basis by any chance are you OP? I don't think it's recommended to subject your eyes to that more than once or twice a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Shes very lucky- she has it all when so many people in this country have sweet fcuk all. She has a rich and famous boyfriend, a chance to act in RTE dramas, a big mansion of a house, a healthy child and is good looking. I hope she thanks her lucky stars every night.

Advertisement