Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

For the blacklist ,absolute dung results there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

St. Patricks win (GENERAL) @ 21/20 - MEDIUM STAKE

Wexford Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 5/2 - SMALL STAKE

Can't catch a break at all lately! :mad:

Off to Cobh now to endure more pain! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Lumped on Cork -2, they're really back motoring now since their European hangover

Derry have looked a bit ordinary anytime I've seen them this season so far but you can't argue with their record and they look a very decent price to account for Galway

Three picks this Friday which the 4 of us have spoke about with brief writes up courtesy of Graeme, Alan and myself! We've been on a bad run of form lately, so hopefully things turn for the best! The bets haven't been bad in our opinion, just things ain't going the right way!

Cabinteely -v- UCD Friday 7.45pm
    Cabinteely are coming off the back of a demoralising humbling at the hands of bottom side Athlone 4-0 last weekend, and it doesn't get any easier for them as they host a UCD side who until last week had been on a serious run of unbeaten games when they were narrowly defeated by champions Limerick.
    UCD will want to get back to winnings ways and but a stamp on the playoff position the currently hold and we fancy them to do so in style.

UCD -1.5 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.95 - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry -v- Galway Friday 7.45pm
    Galway coming into this game on the back of three straight League losses, while high flying Derry see themselves in with a shout for Europe or possibly the League but with the teams around them all with less matches played they will need to keep on winning. They had a big six pointer win against Shamrock Rovers on Tuesday in a game they dominated. Rory Patterson has hit fine form this season and sits just one goal off the Top Goalscorer this season, he will be vital tomorrow and will play havoc to the Galway defence who've leaked 28 goals this season.

Derry win (GENERAL) @ 10/11 - MEDIUM STAKE

Drogheda -v- Cobh Friday 7.45pm
    A win for Drogheda pretty much guarantees a play off spot. A win would put them 8 points ahead of Cobh with just 5 games left. Drogheda come into the game in fine form as they are unbeaten in six and have a full squad to choose from. Cobh are poor away from home winning only 3 of last 8 away league games. They put in their worst performance of the season against Shels last week. This should be a routine Drogs win.

Drogheda win (Boyles) @ 4/5 - SMALL STAKE

• Advertisement

UCD -1.5 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.95 - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry win (GENERAL) @ 10/11 - MEDIUM STAKE

Drogheda win (Boyles) @ 4/5 - SMALL STAKE

WINNER :D:cool::D

LOSER (somehow!!) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Cheers gav . I'm s Galway fan so left that game alone but put your other 2 selections in a winning accum . After timing I know

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Do you write for extratime.ie just as a matter of interest?

jbt123 wrote: »
    Do you write for extratime.ie just as a matter of interest?

Nope, that's Gavin White, a different Shels fan. :D

Any opinions on games Tomo night ? Or should I say tonight !

• Advertisement

I’d have a lean to Rovers on the Asian.

Galway’s result in Derry doesn’t really prove much to me, apart from the fact that apparent bankers can sometimes let you down. Their run of form before that game is more indicative of where they are at the moment in my opinion, and I’d be willing to bet Rovers.

Pat’s aren’t really a team that I want anything to do with at the moment, I think as far as the rest of their season goes, they are going to live and die on the cup. Beat Cobh, avoid Dundalk and they’ve got a very winnable game against Rovers or Derry for a place at Landsdowne. Bray will frustrate them tonight so that’s not really a game I’d bet on.

There are suspicions that the Sligo coach is a bit of a spoofer but the players seem to be playing for him of late. I’ll probably have a twist off something like Draw HT / Dundalk FT there. Or most goals to be scored in the second half.

2 wins from 3 last weekend, just one bet this weekend as it's Cup weekend!

Athlone -v- Drogheda Friday 7.45pm
    A win for Drogheda will push them closer to a guaranteeing playoff place. 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 7 League games have Drogs coming into this in good form, while Athlone are coming into this with 13 losses in their last 15 League games. Most recently Athlone lost 3-0 to Shels, in a game I was at - Athlone were extremely poor!
    This should be a routine Drogs win.

Drogheda -1 Euro Handicap (PaddyPower) @ EVENS - MEDIUM STAKE

Overs in the Dundalk game looks a cert, definitely a better price than taking Dundalk to win at 1.4

2 wins from 3 last weekend, just one bet this weekend as it's Cup weekend!

Athlone -v- Drogheda Friday 7.45pm
    A win for Drogheda will push them closer to a guaranteeing playoff place. 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 7 League games have Drogs coming into this in good form, while Athlone are coming into this with 13 losses in their last 15 League games. Most recently Athlone lost 3-0 to Shels, in a game I was at - Athlone were extremely poor!
    This should be a routine Drogs win.

Drogheda -1 Euro Handicap (PaddyPower) @ EVENS - MEDIUM STAKE

Back to sh1t! :mad::mad:

Somehow Drogs only managed to win by a goal last week so we, three bets this week courtesy of me, Alan Forristal and Aidan Morris with input from Graeme O Rourke as always.
    Cork City -v- Shamrock Rovers Friday 7.45pm
    Cork are on a great run of form going into this game and are scoring goals for fun. In corks last 4 games they have scored 18 goals & conceded 3. Just last week they played Shamrock Rovers in Shams home stadium and hammered them 0-5. It was a mixed Shams team but it was still a huge scoreline. Cork still have hope that they can catch Dundalk in the title race being 10 points behind with 2 games in hand. Especially with Dundalk in the Europa league and a hugely crowded schedule.
    Shams on the other hand have been quite hit or miss and there is some unrest going on within the club which the 0-5 hammering against Cork did not help, with one of the players having his contract terminated after a tweet he posted after the game.Rovers are struggling mainly in defence and looks extremely shakey. So with a Cork side firing on all cylinders at home this should be a comfortable Cork win
    Cork -1 AH (GENERAL) @ 2.050 - MEDIUM STAKE
    UCD -v- Cobh Friday 7.45pm
    A big six pointer in Belfield on Friday to edge UCD closer to the playoff space. UCD have been in good form as of late, with 3 wins, a 1-1 draw to 2nd place Drogs and a narrow 1-0 loss to Limerick in their last 5 games. Excluding there first few away games, Cobh have been poor away from home picking up just wins against the bottom two sides and a draw against 3rd from bottom Waterford. On paper UCD should have too much for this Cobh side.
    UCD Win (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - MEDIUM STAKE
    Waterford -v- Cabinteely Friday 7.45pm
    Roddy Collins in an open meeting with Waterford fans last week openly stated that the club had released all first team professional contract players as there is "nothing to play for now this season" that leaves Waterford with 3 senior players and the rest to be made up with u17 and u19 players which will see a very inexperienced Waterford team take to the field for the remaining 5 games.
    Cabo have welcomed back some recent injuries lately who after a few games should now be back to match fitness.
    Cabo have a poor record away from home losing. 22 of 26 aways games since entering the league.
    However, with that said we fancy them to nick something from a thrown together Waterford 11.
    Cabinteely Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 6/4 - SMALL BET

Cork City -v- Shamrock Rovers Friday 7.45pm

Cork -1 AH (GENERAL) @ 2.050 - MEDIUM STAKE
    UCD -v- Cobh Friday 7.45pm

UCD Win (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - MEDIUM STAKE
    Waterford -v- Cabinteely Friday 7.45pm

Cabinteely Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 6/4 - SMALL BET

Cork and Cabinteely bets win, Cork line/odds got hammered at 7pm too! So value was got! :cool::cool:

Cobh beat UCD unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

One for las... Finn harps have lost 7 in a row and havent scored in any of those. However, I hold no hope they will get anything tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

retalivity wrote: »
    One for las... Finn harps have lost 7 in a row and havent scored in any of those. However, I hold no hope they will get anything tonight

They better not :D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    They better not :D

I am shocked it is still 0-0...harps have been dire recently and were abysmal v longford

Edit: kiss of death right there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

PK NOW PLEASE SCORE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

retalivity wrote: »

lol I wanted to take them +1.5 but I'm wary of amateur/semi pro teams now so I didn't touch them

2 wins from 3 last week, hopefully 2 from 2 this week with write ups courtesy of Alan Forristal and Aidan Morris with input from myself as always. Graeme is off sunning himself!

Shamrock Rovers -v- Galway Friday 8pm
    Shamrock Rovers after coming of the back of 2 bad beatings from Cork held the Champions Dundalk to a 1-1 draw away from home. Rovers played the best they have in a while look to be on the up again after a bad spell of form. They still sit 4th in the table and need to keep winning to stay in a European place, currently Rovers are 2 points behind 3rd place Derry. So the motivation is there for Rovers going into this game and a win is a must

Galway on the other hand sit mid table pretty much in no mans land, they are safe from relegation and are too far away from a European spot. So there is not a huge amount of motivation for Galway here as they can't really move to far up or down the table. Along with this they have been in a bit of a slump lately only winning 1 in their last 5 games. Similar to Rovers slump, but we feel that Rovers will have the motivation & are the better team in this fixture and will get the full 3 points. Rover should take this by 2 goals

Rovers -0.75 AH (GENERAL) @ EVENS - MEDIUM STAKE

Cobh -v- Waterford Saturday 7:15pm
    Cobh welcome Waterford with the playoff position firmly in their sights after lasts weeks excellent win against UCD. All to play for now for the cork side as they host a Waterford team who have released all bar 2 senior players recently in order to wind down the season and cut costs with nothing to play for. Last week Waterford with largely a team of u17 and u19 were held to a 0-0 draw with bottom side Cabinteely.

Cobh will be looking to go level with UCD (if results go their way) so a huge prize of on offer. Earlier in the season Cobh put Waterford to the sword 4-1 in St Colemans park and we expect another comfortable win for the home side in their hunt for promotion.

Cobh -1 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.75 - MEDIUM STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Now
    Shamrock Rovers -vs- Galway FC, Shamrock Rovers@ 2.020

why Shamrock became more expensive?

What's story with bray price . 10 to 11 earlier 13 to 8 now

Cobh -1 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.75 - MEDIUM STAKE

2 from 2!!! CLEAN SWEEP FINALLY! :cool::cool:
    Mr. Green wrote: »
    Now
    Shamrock Rovers -vs- Galway FC, Shamrock Rovers@ 2.020

why Shamrock became more expensive?
    spurshero wrote: »
    What's story with bray price . 10 to 11 earlier 13 to 8 now

Sorry guys, generally can't get online on a Friday due to being in work then straight to a Shelbourne match. No idea how Rovers, Brays was most likely due to them missing a couple of players including their best on - Dylan Connolly.

No LoI write up for this week, Sunday is the FAI Cup Semi Finals

We did majorly fancy Galway to continue Finn Harps miserable run of 8 losses in a row without even scoring. Galway managed 2 goals against Rovers and 3 against Cork - they're not all bad. We've been turned off this bet by the new Tommy Dunne was sacked today from Galway. Could be worth an inplay.

We discussed UCD against Waterford, but we couldn't tip them again after they failed to beat Athlone last week! Again, maybe an inplay.

Harps are still in freefall, and dont see it changing tonight away to sligo

Sligo -1 ah @1.9

Edit: 0-0, what do i know :/ sligo missed a pen right at the end

No bets last week and with the League wrapping up we're hoping to keep the winners coming with 3 bets this weekend!

St. Patricks Ath -v- Wexford Youths Friday 7.45pm
    Pats are sitting 9th but with 3 games in hand of the teams above them which they will want to take advantage! Wexford are sitting in the relegation spot just 6 points off bottom, but with the big announcement today that they have lost 5 first team players Stephen Last, Danny Ledwith, Conor O'Keefe, Eric Molloy and Andy Mulligan to Southern United in NZ which will leave them light in defence and midfield.
    Pats have been poor this season, but realistically with Wexford losing the above 5 and also with their away record of 9 losses, 2 draws and 2 wins this should be at least a minimum of a refund.
    Pats have beat Wexford twice this season, 4-0 and 0-1.

St. Pats -1 Asian Handicap (GENERAL) @ 1.75 - MEDIUM STAKE

Finn Harps -v- Bray Friday 8pm
    Bray come into this on the back of a 5 game winning streak while Harps come into this with 1 point in their last 10 (failing to score in 9 of those games).
    Harps are going to be critically short of attacking options with striker Ruairi Keating definitely out after sustaining ankle ligament damage early in the first half against Sligo Rovers on Tuesday night. Another forward, Dave Scully, is ruled out again as he completes a two-match suspension while veteran attacker Kevin McHugh will also be absent after sustaining a serious hand injury on Wednesday evening during an underage coaching session that he was conducting. Adam Hanlon is also a doubt due to a persistent knee problem.
    Bray have no injury or suspension worries ahead of the game.

Bray win (GENERAL) @ 21/20 - SMALL STAKE

Cobh -v- Cabinteely Saturday 7:15pm
    4th placed Cobh host 2nd from bottom Cabinteely with the playoff position firmly in their sights after lasts weeks excellent 2-0 win against the unbeaten Limerick. This is the penultimate game in the League with just a point separately Cobh and UCD, with Cobh having to play bottom placed Athlone in their last game - in comparison UCD have two harder games with Shelbourne and Drogheda. Cobh will want to make light of work of their final two games with all the chance of UCD dropped points.
    Cobhs home recent home record has been impressive with 6 wins and 2 draws, while Cabinteely have picked up 2 points on the road this season from a possible 39 - they've also failed to score in 7 of those 13 away games.

Cobh -1.5 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.80 - MEDIUM STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

No bets last week and with the League wrapping up we're hoping to keep the winners coming with 3 bets this weekend!

St. Patricks Ath -v- Wexford Youths Friday 7.45pm
    Pats are sitting 9th but with 3 games in hand of the teams above them which they will want to take advantage! Wexford are sitting in the relegation spot just 6 points off bottom, but with the big announcement today that they have lost 5 first team players Stephen Last, Danny Ledwith, Conor O'Keefe, Eric Molloy and Andy Mulligan to Southern United in NZ which will leave them light in defence and midfield.
    Pats have been poor this season, but realistically with Wexford losing the above 5 and also with their away record of 9 losses, 2 draws and 2 wins this should be at least a minimum of a refund.
    Pats have beat Wexford twice this season, 4-0 and 0-1.

St. Pats -1 Asian Handicap (GENERAL) @ 1.75 - MEDIUM STAKE

Finn Harps -v- Bray Friday 8pm
    Bray come into this on the back of a 5 game winning streak while Harps come into this with 1 point in their last 10 (failing to score in 9 of those games).
    Harps are going to be critically short of attacking options with striker Ruairi Keating definitely out after sustaining ankle ligament damage early in the first half against Sligo Rovers on Tuesday night. Another forward, Dave Scully, is ruled out again as he completes a two-match suspension while veteran attacker Kevin McHugh will also be absent after sustaining a serious hand injury on Wednesday evening during an underage coaching session that he was conducting. Adam Hanlon is also a doubt due to a persistent knee problem.
    Bray have no injury or suspension worries ahead of the game.

Bray win (GENERAL) @ 21/20 - SMALL STAKE

Cobh -v- Cabinteely Saturday 7:15pm
    4th placed Cobh host 2nd from bottom Cabinteely with the playoff position firmly in their sights after lasts weeks excellent 2-0 win against the unbeaten Limerick. This is the penultimate game in the League with just a point separately Cobh and UCD, with Cobh having to play bottom placed Athlone in their last game - in comparison UCD have two harder games with Shelbourne and Drogheda. Cobh will want to make light of work of their final two games with all the chance of UCD dropped points.
    Cobhs home recent home record has been impressive with 6 wins and 2 draws, while Cabinteely have picked up 2 points on the road this season from a possible 39 - they've also failed to score in 7 of those 13 away games.

Cobh -1.5 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.80 - MEDIUM STAKE

Excellent info there, I stuck to the Pat's tip, singles, goals scored and a nice start to few weekend accas.
    I'll probably have a few quid on Cobh too, but the Wexford missing half a team info was worth wagering on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Limerick were 6/4 at home earlier on 365 gutted I didn't bet on it now, wonder why their price was as high even though the leagues done and dusted

Advertisement