Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    Still only been 2 fh goals in harps 5 home games. 3 of those games finished 1-0. And bohs have failed to score away in 4/5.

Under 0.5 fh goals @2.25
    Under 1.5 gls @2.425
    Harps clean sheet yes @3.4

0-0...as sure as the sky is blue harps will be boring at home

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Finn Harps Double Chance (Bet365) @ 4/5 - MEDIUM STAKE

UCD win (PaddyPower) @ 10/11 - SMALL STAKE

Limerick -2 Asian (GENERAL) @ EVENS - LARGE STAKE

A LARGE WINNER :D:D
    A MEDIUM WINNER :D:D
    A Small loser :mad:

Ciaran Gallagher saving a 95th min penalty against Bohs :cool:

Harps missing harkin and cowan for tmoro away to derry, going big on the home side @1.53 and smaller to win to nil @2.2

retalivity wrote: »
    Harps missing harkin and cowan for tmoro away to derry, going big on the home side @1.53 and smaller to win to nil @2.2

Always try to avoid the big derbies in Ireland tbh! Can be so hit and miss!

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

The weekend seen a large winner, a medium winner and a small loss! The 4 of us are agreed on one bet in the midweek Premier fixtures!

Galway -v- St. Pats 7.45pm Tuesday
    5th -v- 6th in Eamonn Deacy Park on Tuesday evening! St. Pats travel west on the back of 3 consecutive 1-0 losses. Galway managed to beat St. Pats 3-1 in their first League meeting of the season and will hope for a similar goalscore this Tuesday evening. Galway remain unbeaten at home and they will look to continue that run against Pats, Galway have managed 3 wins and 2 draws in their 5 games at home this season.
    St Pats top goalscorer Christy Fagan is out, for his third SSE Airtricity Premier Division game on the trot, fringe players Jack Bayly and Conor O'Malley are also on the injury list for tomorrow's trip.
    The one negative on this bet is that Galway are missing influential skipper Ryan Connolly, who is added to the injury list with Stephen Folan and Padraic Cunningham.
    Galway United DNB (Boyles) @ 10/11 - MEDIUM STAKE

• Advertisement

The weekend seen a large winner, a medium winner and a small loss! The 4 of us are agreed on one bet in the midweek Premier fixtures!

Galway -v- St. Pats 7.45pm Tuesday
    5th -v- 6th in Eamonn Deacy Park on Tuesday evening! St. Pats travel west on the back of 3 consecutive 1-0 losses. Galway managed to beat St. Pats 3-1 in their first League meeting of the season and will hope for a similar goalscore this Tuesday evening. Galway remain unbeaten at home and they will look to continue that run against Pats, Galway have managed 3 wins and 2 draws in their 5 games at home this season.
    St Pats top goalscorer Christy Fagan is out, for his third SSE Airtricity Premier Division game on the trot, fringe players Jack Bayly and Conor O'Malley are also on the injury list for tomorrow's trip.
    The one negative on this bet is that Galway are missing influential skipper Ryan Connolly, who is added to the injury list with Stephen Folan and Padraic Cunningham.
    Galway United DNB (Boyles) @ 10/11 - MEDIUM STAKE

LOST 3-0! F**king John Sullivan being red carded in the first half killed this bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

LOST 3-0! F**king John Sullivan being red carded in the first half killed this bet!

Blame Padraig Sutton, the two yellows were criminal, complete non event tackles, be careful with games he's reffing in future, he's awful. Pats had a handball pen denied, we had two great shouts for pens not given for worse tackles than any which resulted in red cards.

After a bad midweek pick we're hoping to get back on track with not one, but two LARGE stakes!

St Patricks Athletic v Longford 8pm Friday

So far this this Longford have been absolutely dire. In their last 5 League games they have 2 draws and 3 losses. Their last 5 away games in the League they have 1 draw and 4 losses, conceding 13 goals and only scoring 2 in those 5 away games. To put it bluntly the Longford squad is very weak and has no where near the quality of player needed to compete in this League. Longford currently sit bottom of the table and are coming off a 2-4 loss at home to a weak Wexford side, bear in mind the two Longford goals came from Wexford OGs. Longfords do not look like form it's going to change any time soon.
    St Pats this season have been a bit hit and miss. In their last 5 games they have had 2 Wins and 3 Loses. The 2 wins have been 3-0 & 4-0 against Wexford and Galway, while their 3 loses have been all 1-0 losses. We feel pats will bring the momentum of their 3-0 win into this game to look to get another high scoring win too boost their confidence and kick start their season and climb higher up the table where they should be. Pats are a team who dominate possession and control the game. We feel at home to a weak Longford team it is just going to be one way traffic for the whole game and it falls down to whether the pats team can they a few of the large amount of chances they create. We feel they can definitely do that especially coming off the back of a very good 0-3 win away to Galway on Tuesday night. On the injury front Pats are still without their main striker Fagan but they are well covered up front, goals also come from all over the pitch in this Pats team.

St Patricks -1.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.90 - LARGE STAKE

Limerick -v- Athlone 7.15pm Saturday
    1st -v- 7th! I'll repeat what I've said for every bet "I don't need to go over the Limerick situation again, their full time status and Premier Division quality squad is reflected in the League table and their results. Limerick FC have been steam rolling through every team in the 1st Division while also knocking out two Premier Division teams in recent weeks in the League Cup. Limerick have notched up the maximum 30 points to date, with a +35 goal difference in just 10 games."
    Athlone on and off the pitch has been a shambles this season, they sit second from bottom and have won just once against bottom placed Cabinteely. Off the pitch, finances are bad and rumours this week are that the Chairman ordered for the players to not be paid this week because he wanted to get the electricity bill sorted.
    I've seen Athlone and Limerick play in both recent weeks and the gulf is huge, Shels 2-1 win was modest over Athlone a few weeks ago!

Limerick -2.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.95 - LARGE STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Doing this for tonight

Finn Harps +2 (covered in every home game comfortably)
    Limerick -1 (second half handicap - normally stronger in the 2nd half)
    Waterford -1 (bit risky, but Cabinteely are muck)
    St Pats -1 ( likewise with Cabinteely, Longford are brutal, fans turned on TC and want him out)
    Drogs/Shels BTTS

works out just over 25/1

Harps are playing dundalk though. Dundalks away games this season:

1-3
    1-2
    0-4
    0-4
    0-2
    0-2

Will be giving harps and the fh/ft unders bet a miss this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Maybe I'm just biased.... :P

Hah as am i... although letting the head rule the heart this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Doing this for tonight

Finn Harps +2 (covered in every home game comfortably)
    Limerick -1 (second half handicap - normally stronger in the 2nd half)
    Waterford -1 (bit risky, but Cabinteely are muck)
    St Pats -1 ( likewise with Cabinteely, Longford are brutal, fans turned on TC and want him out)
    Drogs/Shels BTTS

works out just over 25/1

Outside of harps like the look of this . Might do it for small interest . Good luck us !

After a bad midweek pick we're hoping to get back on track with not one, but two LARGE stakes!

St Patricks Athletic v Longford 8pm Friday

So far this this Longford have been absolutely dire. In their last 5 League games they have 2 draws and 3 losses. Their last 5 away games in the League they have 1 draw and 4 losses, conceding 13 goals and only scoring 2 in those 5 away games. To put it bluntly the Longford squad is very weak and has no where near the quality of player needed to compete in this League. Longford currently sit bottom of the table and are coming off a 2-4 loss at home to a weak Wexford side, bear in mind the two Longford goals came from Wexford OGs. Longfords do not look like form it's going to change any time soon.
    St Pats this season have been a bit hit and miss. In their last 5 games they have had 2 Wins and 3 Loses. The 2 wins have been 3-0 & 4-0 against Wexford and Galway, while their 3 loses have been all 1-0 losses. We feel pats will bring the momentum of their 3-0 win into this game to look to get another high scoring win too boost their confidence and kick start their season and climb higher up the table where they should be. Pats are a team who dominate possession and control the game. We feel at home to a weak Longford team it is just going to be one way traffic for the whole game and it falls down to whether the pats team can they a few of the large amount of chances they create. We feel they can definitely do that especially coming off the back of a very good 0-3 win away to Galway on Tuesday night. On the injury front Pats are still without their main striker Fagan but they are well covered up front, goals also come from all over the pitch in this Pats team.

St Patricks -1.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.90 - LARGE STAKE

Limerick -v- Athlone 7.15pm Saturday
    1st -v- 7th! I'll repeat what I've said for every bet "I don't need to go over the Limerick situation again, their full time status and Premier Division quality squad is reflected in the League table and their results. Limerick FC have been steam rolling through every team in the 1st Division while also knocking out two Premier Division teams in recent weeks in the League Cup. Limerick have notched up the maximum 30 points to date, with a +35 goal difference in just 10 games."
    Athlone on and off the pitch has been a shambles this season, they sit second from bottom and have won just once against bottom placed Cabinteely. Off the pitch, finances are bad and rumours this week are that the Chairman ordered for the players to not be paid this week because he wanted to get the electricity bill sorted.
    I've seen Athlone and Limerick play in both recent weeks and the gulf is huge, Shels 2-1 win was modest over Athlone a few weeks ago!

Limerick -2.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.95 - LARGE STAKE

Where is that price on Limerick please . 8 to 11 I see

spurshero wrote: »
    Where is that price on Limerick please . 8 to 11 I see

I got 5/6 -2 lastnight on pp.

Gonna also have a small interest on Sean Hoare wincast, Pats should win and he was very good on set pieces against us last Tues including his goal. 10s is worthy of a small stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Limerick to win and BTS 15/8.

Limerick conceded in every home game apart from one and Athlone scored in every away game.

Waterford over 1.5 goals at 8/13. Cabinteey concede an average of 2.50 per away game.

St Pats -2 @ 2/1. As above and i think they'll win 4-0 (no bet on the score).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I'm considering the Limerick win and BTTS too Gudede, what book are you getting the 15/8 on? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

gudede wrote: »
    Limerick to win and BTS 15/8.

Limerick conceded in every home game apart from one and Athlone scored in every away game.

Waterford over 1.5 goals at 8/13. Cabinteey concede an average of 2.50 per away game.

St Pats -2 @ 2/1. As above and i think they'll win 4-0 (no bet on the score).

Limerick have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 7, including their last 3 home games (wins to nil over Cabo, Wexford and Galway in the EA sports cup). Limerick -3 for me @ 8/5 with PaddyPower, a rare Friday night game in the Markets field, a hot day should have the pitch in great condition and Athlone could tire also.

Come on the Superblues!

I'm considering the Limerick win and BTTS too Gudede, what book are you getting the 15/8 on? cheers

Ladbrokes

Limerick have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 7, including their last 3 home games (wins to nil over Cabo, Wexford and Galway in the EA sports cup). Limerick -3 for me @ 8/5 with PaddyPower, a rare Friday night game in the Markets field, a hot day should have the pitch in great condition and Athlone could tire also.

Come on the Superblues!

Fair points but Limerick have conceded too much this season, considering the opposition. I wouldn't be judging by looking at the cup games as both wexford and galway rested half there team while Limerick didnt. Keeping a cleam sheet against cabo would be the least you'd expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

gudede wrote: »
    Fair points but Limerick have conceded too much this season, considering the opposition. I wouldn't be judging by looking at the cup games as both wexford and galway rested half there team while Limerick didnt. Keeping a cleam sheet against cabo would be the least you'd expect.

They kept a clean sheet. 3-0. Didn't cover my -3 handicap though. :( They usually tag on a couple of goals in the last 10 mins, didn't score in the last quarter on an hour today. Ah well. Good win!

I got 5/6 -2 lastnight on pp.

Gonna also have a small interest on Sean Hoare wincast, Pats should win and he was very good on set pieces against us last Tues including his goal. 10s is worthy of a small stake.

Delighted with the Limerick one, as for Pats, I'm not surprised, they weren't good against us last Tues and ref won them that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Any thoughts on Sligo Bohs tonight? Currently looking like Sligo will be the last of a 7 fold for me

Any thoughts on Sligo Bohs tonight? Currently looking like Sligo will be the last of a 7 fold for me

hope ya got bet up

1 Large winner and 1 Large loser unfortunately. The weekend coming is FAI Cup weekend so bets will be most likely small stakes!

FAI Cup weekend so thread carefully, we'll have a brief write up for Fridays games with 2 bets and possibly a write up for Saturday with at least one bet.

Dundalk -v- Shelbourne 7.45pm Friday
    1st in the Premier take on 3rd in the 1st Division with Shels travelling to Oriel Park at the worst possible time with Dundalk off an onslaught against Finn Harps last week in a game they won 7-0 while Shels struggled at Dundalks rivals Drogheda last week in a game I was at. Not much to this write up except the huge gap between these sides, fitness and quality should prevail and Dundalk should win this game with ease.
    Shels hosted Dundalk in the Leinster Senior Cup earlier this season, in a game which finished 2-0 to Dundalk but should have been much more. Shels and Dundalk also met at this round last season in Oriel with Dundalk winning 5-0.

Dundalk -2.5 (MarathonBet) @ 1.90 - MEDIUM STAKE

Waterford -v- Longford 7.45pm Friday
    11/12 games involving Waterford this year have had over 2.5 goals this year. Both sides have weak defences so should be plenty chances, Longford have conceded 30 goals in 13 games in the League while Waterford have conceded 28 goals in 11. Should be a wide open game with plenty of goals.

Over 2.5 goals (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - SMALL STAKE

No idea how those 2 bets lost tbh!!

Not an "official" bet, but I've had a stake on Letterkenny tomorrow against Athlone.

No idea how those 2 bets lost tbh!!

Not an "official" bet, but I've had a stake on Letterkenny tomorrow against Athlone.

0-0 after 90 mins, Athlone won in ET.

League action back, and with Ireland and the Champions League final all games are on Sunday! 3 bets this Sunday, hopefully some winners! Brief write up...

Cobh -v- Waterford 3pm
    Last week we tipped Overs in Waterford match and how it didn't come up was beyond belief. Both sides had 17 shots each during the game and three times the woodwork was struck.
    We will stick with this bet as the stats don't lie.
    10/11 of Waterfords league games (4.1 goals per game) have had over 2.5 goals. With a strong attack and a weak defence we expect goals.
    Over half of Cobhs games (2.8 goals per game) have also had over 2.5.

Over 2.5 goals (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne -v- Limerick 3pm
    3rd -v- 1st! I'll repeat what I've said for every bet "I don't need to go over the Limerick situation again, their full time status and Premier Division quality squad is reflected in the League table and their results. Limerick FC have been steam rolling through every team in the 1st Division while also knocking out two Premier Division teams in recent weeks in the League Cup. Limerick have notched up the maximum 33 points to date, with a +38 goal difference in just 11 games."
    Shels have been hit and miss this season, they sit 17 points behind Limerick at this stage. The big news is, Shels topscorer is a doubt for this game which would be a huge loss.

Limerick -1 EH or -1.5 AH (GENERAL) @ 10/11 - SMALL STAKE

Athlone -v- UCD 3pm
    Athlone on and off the pitch has been a shambles this season, they sit second from bottom and have won just once against bottom placed Cabinteely. Off the pitch, finances are bad and rumours this month are that the Chairman ordered for the players to not be paid at stages because he wanted to get the electricity bill sorted. Athlone also had a FAI Cup replay which went to penalties on Tuesday in Letterkenny which is a 7 hour round trip.
    UCD sit 4th, and have been inconsistent but they should have enough to see past Athlone.

UCD (Boyles) @ 8/11 - SMALL STAKE

Dundalk and Rovers should both cover their handicaps, while Derry look a good bet also.

• Advertisement

Cobh -v- Waterford 3pm
    Over 2.5 goals (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne -v- Limerick 3pm
    Limerick -1 EH or -1.5 AH (GENERAL) @ 10/11 - SMALL STAKE

Athlone -v- UCD 3pm
    UCD (Boyles) @ 8/11 - SMALL STAKE

Cobh 4-0 :D:D
    Limerick only managed to win by a goal
    UCD 2-1 :D:D