Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any thoughts on Galway DC? Surely the Dundalk players must be tired after the CL game plus the celebrations?

Sorry Las, hope you didn't listen to us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

On our day we are very good but if Dundalk turn up in the right frame of mind then you'd expect them to nick it, we could scrape a draw though, we have done largely well against the top teams at home this season.

We were on our day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sorry Las, hope you didn't listen to us!!

No worries, I'll bet against them after they knock out Legia ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Dundalk and Limerick both fail to win on the same night, which not a lot of people would have expected...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are cork much value tonight at 1.55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Are cork much value tonight at 1.55

Not sure but if your backing their 3 to 5 in lads . Slightly better

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Will be keeping tabs on Cork inplay, it's there chance now to take the upper hand on Dundalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Team of intent out too, just took my seat

On SW now, Nults absolute howler

Not good enough in front of goal in the 1st half a few goal worthy chances, Sligo's 2nd was well worked.

• Advertisement

Heard Cork could and should have won by near double digits!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Heard Cork could and should have won by near double digits!

About 13 shots on target, some very poor shooting, absolutely gifted them their opener and they scrambled a second over the line. We could have got 2 more near the end not sure how we didnt. Typical.

Haven't scored from open play in 9 games now

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Cork haven't? Crikey.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Hopefully to get some stability with the bets, have been very unlucky in recent weeks. Three picks this week which the 4 of us have spoke about with brief writes up courtesy of Graeme and myself!

Sligo Rovers -v- Shamrock Rovers Friday 7.45pm
    Sligo host Rovers on Friday at the showgrounds unbeaten in 6 following 5-0 win over Wexford and a good 2-1 win away at Cork City. They come into this unbeaten at home since March and won 9 of their last 14 games. Rovers have won 2 and drawn 1 of their last 3 games so aren't in bad shape themselves but when you consider the win was against Longford and draw at home to Bray the form looks better on paper. They were beaten mid week against St Pats at home in the cup. Evan Osam, Luke Byrne and Killian Brennan are all injury worries for Rovers.
    Sligo have been a much better side since the mid season break and a lot of their new players are now settled in the side. We expect this to be a tight game with Sligo just nicking it.

Sligo Rovers -0.25 (GENERAL) @ 2.05 - SMALL STAKE

St. Patricks Ath -v- Galway Friday 7.45pm
    Straight forward one here, both teams are attacking sides so we should see a goal from each at least. Over 2.5 goals would be a bet too.

Pats games have averaged 2.65 goals this season
    Galway games have averaged 2.55 goals this season

Both Teams to Score (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - SMALL STAKE

Limerick -v- Cabinteely Saturday 2pm
    1st -v- 2nd from bottom! I'll repeat what I've said for every bet - their full time status and Premier Division quality squad is reflected in the League table and their results. Limerick FC have been steam rolling through every team in the 1st Division while also knocking out several Premier Division teams in recent weeks to reach the League Cup final. Limerick have notched up 56 points in 20 games, with a +56 goal difference. Limerick can essentially win the League here (if Drogs/UCD draw).
    Limericks home form this season, has seen them win 9 and draw 1. Conceding 10 goals while scoring 38!
    They've beat Cabinteely in their two encounters this season 3-0 at home and 2-0 on a horrible Stradbrook pitch.

Cabinteely have lost 9 of their 10 aways this season, with one draw. Conceding 25 goals while scoring 6.

Limerick -2 Euro Handicap (PaddyPower) @ 10/11 - MEDIUM STAKE

Good call on Sligo, the value was definitely on them

Late enough pricing up tomorrow night's games but I think at bigger than 2s, Derry are a decent bet. These Monday-after-a-Friday games often throw up big priced winners generally. I wouldn't be surprised if Bray or Wexford (or both!) won.

Sligo Rovers -v- Shamrock Rovers Friday 7.45pm
    Sligo Rovers -0.25 (GENERAL) @ 2.05 - SMALL STAKE

St. Patricks Ath -v- Galway Friday 7.45pm
    Both Teams to Score (GENERAL) @ 4/5 - SMALL STAKE

Limerick -v- Cabinteely Saturday 2pm
    Limerick -2 Euro Handicap (PaddyPower) @ 10/11 - MEDIUM STAKE

Can't catch a break, just Sligo winning. Limerick are now avoidable for the rest of the season, they don't seem to want to kill games off anymore.
    Bateman wrote: »
    Good call on Sligo, the value was definitely on them

100%, looked bad once Rovers got the lead.
    Late enough pricing up tomorrow night's games but I think at bigger than 2s, Derry are a decent bet. These Monday-after-a-Friday games often throw up big priced winners generally. I wouldn't be surprised if Bray or Wexford (or both!) won.

Sligo at near evens for DNB!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Derry are now 7/2 wonder why there drifting , double chance 1.95 looks very decent with the form there in

• Advertisement

I’d give Bray a much bigger chance this Friday than their price away to Galway implies. 2s DNB looks decent

Not much hype around the cup games…will probably go under 1.5 in the Bohs v Derry game

Not much hype around the cup games…will probably go under 1.5 in the Bohs v Derry game

As a group we're not doing a write up for the Cup games, nothing stands out at all. Personally, my only bet is Over 2.5 in Pats/Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Sligo -0.75 v Wexford looks good. Wouldnt be surprised if Wexford rest a few they have looked very tired lately. Sligo could be darkhorses for the cup

After the Cup draw, I am thinking Pat’s are probably the value at the likely prices.
    They are a very hard team to figure out but might be suited to a couple of big performances in the cup against the top league sides.

Conventional wisdom says they are a great bet to beat Bohs on Friday at 19/20 with Bet365 – but it doesn’t always work like that in the LOI

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

After the Cup draw, I am thinking Pat’s are probably the value at the likely prices.
    They are a very hard team to figure out but might be suited to a couple of big performances in the cup against the top league sides.

Conventional wisdom says they are a great bet to beat Bohs on Friday at 19/20 with Bet365 – but it doesn’t always work like that in the LOI

Pats were very good against Limerick on Friday. They seem to have really hit form at a terrible time from Limerick's point of view, with the EA sports cup final coming up in a few weeks time! Good young team with plenty pace, very comfortable on the ball. I'll definitely be having some of the 21/20 on them to beat Bohs at home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Pats were very good against Limerick on Friday. They seem to have really hit form at a terrible time from Limerick's point of view, with the EA sports cup final coming up in a few weeks time! Good young team with plenty pace, very comfortable on the ball. I'll definitely be having some of the 21/20 on them to beat Bohs at home tomorrow.
    Bohs have an extreme player injury crisis lump on pats

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Two picks this Friday which the 4 of us have spoke about with brief writes up courtesy of Graeme and myself! May possibly be a bet tomorrow posted for one of the Saturday games, awaiting team news.

St. Patricks Athletic -v- Bohemians Friday 7.45pm
    Pats come into this home game against Bohs in decent form, winning 3 of their last 4 domestic games. It's been a bit of a disapointing season for pats so far but have looked like turning a corner recently. In team news, the Saints are without the services of defender Sean Hoare as he serves a one match suspension. Otherwise, Pat's manager Liam Buckley has a full squad to select from.
    Bohs aren't in bad form themselves but make the trip to Richmond park in the midst of an injury crisis. Bohemians will be without defenders Stephen Best (ankle) and Derek Pender (suspended) here are selection concerns up front too with Mark Quigley (hamstring) set to miss out, while Ismahil Akinade remains a doubt with illness that saw him sit out two of Bohs’ last three games
    Goalkeeper Shane Supple, who suffered an ankle injury against Cork City a fortnight ago, returns to training but it could be two early for him. They have called up 2 U19s players to fill the squad.
    Pats recent good form added to Bohs injury worries is enough for us here.

St. Patricks win (GENERAL) @ 21/20 - MEDIUM STAKE

Wexford -v- Dundalk Friday 8pm
    Straight forward one here, Dundalk endured a tough game on Tuesday in Poland against Legia and looked dead on their feet come full time. They had just have a couple of days turn around, and now have a 500km round trip to Wexford. Realistically the Dundalk players mind will be focused on the Europa League draw at 11.30am tomorrow.

Dundalk have lost their last two League games, to Bray and Galway.

Wexford Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 5/2 - SMALL STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Double for the above is over 6/1. Seems decent for a punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Lotof money has come in for Cabinteely, Athlone have a few injuries

Advertisement