Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Hoping to follow on from last Sundays 2 winners (medium and small) with one loss (small)! 3 bets this weekend, hopefully some winners!

Wexford -v- Bohemians Friday 8pm
    Wexford come into this on the back of a 3-2 loss to Dundalk while Bohs come into this on the back of a 5-1 win over St. Pats. When these sides met back in March it finished a high scoring 3-3 draw! Bohs main striking thread Akinade is fully fit for first time this season and looks dangerous on front of goal.
    Wexford have conceded 28 goals and scored 18 in their 14 League games this season. Wexford (for and against) have the highest average goals per game this season in the League.
    Bohs have conceded 19 goals and scored 13 in their 14 League games this season.

Over 2.5 goals (GENERAL) @ EVENS - MEDIUM STAKE

Limerick -v- Drogheda Saturday 6.30pm
    Another week, another Limerick bet!
    1st -v- 2nd! I'll repeat what I've said for every bet "I don't need to go over the Limerick situation again, their full time status and Premier Division quality squad is reflected in the League table and their results. Limerick FC have been steam rolling through every team in the 1st Division while also knocking out two Premier Division teams in recent weeks in the League Cup. Limerick have notched up the maximum 36 points to date, with a +39 goal difference in just 12 games."
    I seen Limerick scrap past a gutsy Shelbourne performance on Sunday, Limerick didn't look up to it at all and must have been having an off day. I firmly believe they'll come back against Drogs, hopefully a repeat of the March result between these sides of a 3-0 Limerick win in Drogheda. Limericks best form has come at home this season, winning by at least 3 goals in all their home League fixtures and also scoring 28 of their 39 goals at home.

Limerick -2 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.90 - MEDIUM STAKE

Cobh Ramblers v Cabinteely Saturday 7.15pm
    4th placed Cobh are off the back of an excellent win against Munster rivals Waterford Utd on Sunday. Where they punished defensive errors from Waterford to score 4. Cabinteely, bottom of the table have only picked up 1pt away from home.
    We expect Cobh to at minimum win the game and possibly by more than 1.

Cobh -1 Asian Handicap (GENERAL) @ 1.90 - SMALL STAKE

Both mediums lost and the small won...

LoI back after the summer/Euros break! All games being played on Friday! Me, Graeme and Aidan have picked the following 3 bets, Alan is off in France...

Bohemians -v- Galway 7.45pm
    Before the mid-season break Bohs had just began to pick up a good run of wins and finally have found their form. Before the break Bohs had won 4/5 of their games in all competitions. They are a team that should of been doing much better earlier in the season but just could not score goals even with the abundance of chances they were creating. Their main striker Akinade became fully fit in the last few weeks and has finally started to score goals, him being fully fit & carrying no injuries has helped Bohs massively.
    On the other hand Galway who started the season very strongly have started to fade away slightly and are slipping back down the table to where they are expected to finish at the end of the season. Galway have 1 win 2 draws and loses in their last 5 games.
    The teams met a month ago in the cup in Dalymount mark where Bohs picked up a solid 2-0 win over Galway, this was the win that sparked Bohs 4 game win streak.
    On paper Bohs have the better team and as said earlier are only finding their true from at the mid way point of the season. Fully expect a Bohs win here if they carry their form over from the 2 week break in the season.

Bohs win (GENERAL) @ 5/4- MEDIUM STAKE

Sligo Rovers -v- Bray 7.45pm
    Sligo started the season badly but as players gelled they've started moving up the table to 7th with 5 wins in their last 7 games. They've managed 3 wins in their last 3 home games, while not conceding in their last 4 home games.
    Bray on the otherhand, sit 2nd bottom (solely on goal dif) having just picked up 8 points this season. They've picked up just 1 point in their last 6 games which was against bottom side Longford and just managed 1 goal in those 6.
    The only players out for Sligo are Gavin Peers and Raff Cretaro. This will be the last fixture for loanees Jordan Richards and Jaanai Gordan who return to their parent clubs Notts County and West Ham United respectively on July 1st.

Sligo -0.75 (GENERAL) @ 1.80 - MEDIUM STAKE

Drogheda -v- UCD 7.45pm
    9 out of 13 Drogheda games this season have been Over 2.5
    Average of 2.7 goals in Droghedas 13 games this season

9 out of 13 UCD games this season have been Over 2.5
    Average of 3 goals in UCDs 13 games this season

Over 2.5 Goals (GENERAL) @ 8/11- MEDIUM STAKE

Cobh would be worth a bet against Athlone, but bookies have priced it and pulled it consistently today! Basically Athlone are in **** off field, manager and players nearly all gone in the past 10 days. 15 players signed for senior team since the weekend. Some from the U17/U19 and some from Junior football along with a new manager.

Paddy Power have avoided pricing it, which is making the rest reluctant. A few hundred quid would have seen the markets on Bet365, Laddies and Coral pulled. Myself and the lads have been waiting on odds all week, doubt we were the only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I got odds yesterday on them Gavin, 10/11

Also had a few small bets on various handicaps on the game.

Have a 4fold of Cobh, Dundalk, Sligo and Harps. 20euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Thanks for the info Gav. Don't have much time to look at the moment but I see Cobh are @1.45 on betfair exchange. Anyone know if its on any other books?

Oddschecker don't cover the first division as far as I know.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Cobh up on PP, 2/7.

1 out of 3 win :(

Cobh won 2-0, supposedly very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

1 out of 3 win :(

Cobh won 2-0, supposedly very easily.

Cobh were poor on the night, deserved the win just about but considering their were up against a team made up of 11 Junior players I would have expected much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I think cobh are mostly made up of 19/20 years also.. can be very hit and miss betting on young teams.

• Advertisement

keano25 wrote: »
    I think cobh are mostly made up of 19/20 years also.. can be very hit and miss betting on young teams.

Tbh most 1st Division teams are, think there's only 3 Shels players over the age of 21/22 (Stephen Elliot, Aidan Collins and Daire Doyle).

LoI being hindered by European football starting for the teams involved which means just two small bets this week. Short write ups.

Derry -v- Dundalk 7.45pm
    Dundalk sit 9 points ahead of Derry. Dundalk will have one eye on the Champions League next week and will be looking to overturn Derry to put them 6 points clear of Cork.
    Last week Dundalk got back to winning ways as they defeated St. Pats 2-0 at Oriel Park, while Derry managed just a 1-0 win over 3rd from bottom Wexford.
    Dundalk have failed just 3 times from their 16 games not to pick up 3 points, two loses to Cork and a draw with Derry.
    Dundalk have scored 37 goals and conceded just 8 in 16 games, managing 8 clean sheets.

Dundalk win (Paddy Power) @ 5/6 - SMALL STAKE

Drogheda -v- Waterford 7.45pm
    In a League where everyone is beating anyone, 3rd placed Drogheda host 5th placed Waterford. Drogheda come into this on the back of a 2-1 loss to UCD while Waterford come into this on the back of a 2-0 win over Shelbourne. I was at the Shelbourne game and Waterford looked a completely different team to what I've seen previous this season (baring in mind we were poor), they looked fluid, confident and dominated.
    Drogheda are far too short here, so we've decided on the value!

Waterford Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 11/8 - SMALL STAKE

One to look out for - Shels -v- Cobh. Shels have a new manager in place, ex-Bohs and Sligo manager Owen Heary who happens to be a Shels cult hero who played for the club for 8 years and lifted our last Premier League trophy in 2006. Potential new manager syndrome here.

Derry -v- Dundalk 7.45pm
    Dundalk win (Paddy Power) @ 5/6 - SMALL STAKE

Drogheda -v- Waterford 7.45pm
    Waterford Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 11/8 - SMALL STAKE

One to look out for - Shels -v- Cobh. Shels have a new manager in place, ex-Bohs and Sligo manager Owen Heary who happens to be a Shels cult hero who played for the club for 8 years and lifted our last Premier League trophy in 2006. Potential new manager syndrome here.

Dundalk won 5-0
    Waterford lost 2-0 after keeping it deadlocked till the 72nd min

Shels beat Cobh.

Midweek game in Dundalk. Myself, Aidan and Alan mulled over a bet, which is a straight forward one. We're taking a cautious medium stake on it as Dundalk have just covered -2.5 once at home this season.

Dundalk -v- Longford 7.45pm
    Top -v- Bottom in Oriel Park, with Longford coming into this on the back of a 1-0 loss to Bohs while Dundalk come into this on the back of a 5-0 win in Derry. Dundalk will be seeking to extend their advantage at the summit of the Premier Division to nine points before they begin their European campaign in 8 days time.

Dundalks recent home form has seen them win 5 from 5, while they've just lost twice this season (both to Cork) and drawn once in 17 games. They've managed to notch up 42 goals in 17 games which is nearly 2.5 average per game and they've conceded just 8.

In contrast, Longford have won just one (first game of the season) and drawn 5 times. They've conceded 36 goals in 17 games and scored just 11.

When these sides met previously, 3 months ago - Dundalk came out 4-0 winners.

Dundalk can welcome back Chris Shields who has served his two match suspension while Dane Massey returned to the starting XI on Friday evening after recovering from his calf injury. Other than that there is a full squad to choose from for Dundalk.

Dundalk -2.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.90 - MEDIUM STAKE

Dundalk -v- Longford 7.45pm

Dundalk -2.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.90 - MEDIUM STAKE

Things like this would turn you off betting... :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Shels -2 vs Athlone is 15/8 on PP.

New PP members get 3 x €10 bets if they deposit €10 and bet €10.

Deposit your €10, put that on Shels at -2 and then use the 3 free €10 bets to do the same again, returns you €85 for your initial €10 deposit and it's basically free money the way Athlone are playing.

Shels -2 vs Athlone is 15/8 on PP.

New PP members get 3 x €10 bets if they deposit €10 and bet €10.

Deposit your €10, put that on Shels at -2 and then use the 3 free €10 bets to do the same again, returns you €85 for your initial €10 deposit and it's basically free money the way Athlone are playing.

Wouldn't say free money, but Athlone are on the decline and well we looked much improved on Friday against Cobh compared to a previous few games.

Wouldn't say free money, but Athlone are on the decline and well we looked much improved on Friday against Cobh compared to a previous few games.

Athlone are playing kids and local league players and shipped 5 goals to Cabo, to say they are on the decline is putting it mildly.

Athlone are playing kids and local league players and shipped 5 goals to Cabo, to say they are on the decline is putting it mildly.

But the week previous they supposedly gave Cobh a decent run for their money. It's a weird situation.

But the week previous they supposedly gave Cobh a decent run for their money. It's a weird situation.

I think for anyone who doesn't have a PP account already it's a very good bet for an effective 7.5/1 return for your initial tenner.

You could then cash out if you want or use the 85 credit to try make more money.

• Advertisement

European matches are messing with the LoI fixtures but we've still managed pick two from a bad bunch! Me, Alan, Graeme and Aidan have picked the following 2 bets.

UCD -v- Cabinteely 7.45pm
    3rd placed UCD welcome second from bottom Cabinteely to the UCD Bowl on Friday evening. We believe the odds are slightly inflated here for UCD due to the fact Cabinteely are coming into this on the back of a 5-1 win against Cabinteely.
    UCD hit a good run of form, with 4 wins from 5 League games - narrowly losing out to table toppers Limerick last weekend.
    Cabinteely have just managed 9 points in 15 games, 6 of these were their only two wins of the season against bottom side Athlone.

UCD -1.25 (GENERAL) @ 1.80 - MEDIUM STAKE

Athlone -v- Shelbourne 7.45pm
    Bottom placed Athlone welcome Shels on Friday night, Shels managed a 2-0 win last weekend against Cobh in a case of new manager syndrome which will hopefully continue this weekend. I was at the game against Cobh and we looked to have more shape and looked far more confident than previous weeks. Athlone on the other hand, were handed a bad beating at the hands of Cabinteely.
    As it's been widely reported Athlone are in s**t off field, their manager and players left over the Summer Break. All the players replaced were kids and local junior players. They've lost 7 games in a row and have just 7 points in 15 games.
    Shels are looking to get their playoff challenge back on track, anything but a 3+ goal win for Shels will be a bad night in the office for Owen Heary and the team!

Shels -1.75 (GENERAL) @ 1.70 - MEDIUM STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Dundalk @ 1.55 against FH (the Icelandic champions), that looks really short, how strong are Dundalk?

Some Icelandic 2nd division team knocked out Bohemians a few seasons ago, Cork was knocked out by an Icelandic team last season, also FH knocked out Glenavon two seasons ago (even though the LOI seems to be stronger than the NI league)

Really tempted by FH DC, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Dundalk @ 1.55 against FH (the Icelandic champions), that looks really short, how strong are Dundalk?

Some Icelandic 2nd division team knocked out Bohemians a few seasons ago, Cork was knocked out by an Icelandic team last season, also FH knocked out Glenavon two seasons ago (even though the LOI seems to be stronger than the NI league)

Really tempted by FH DC, any thoughts?
    Valur Reykjavik lost 10-1 on aggregate to Brondby in the Europa league. Glenavon are in their pre-season aswell,were decent in Iceland

some serious money going on Galway tonight. They're into 17/20 now.

We've drifted out to over 3/1.

We have got a few injuries but I am confident enough of getting at least a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

We have got a few injuries but I am confident enough of getting at least a point.

Galway fan here . I don't understand price either . For some reason Galway have lost 3 players with Sullivan foley and keating all departing . Not sure if financial or for other reasons but either way not good . Galway defo look a lay to me

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Thanks, just backed Harps DC @ 21/20 with 365. Looks a bet.

Haha don't blame me if it loses haha, been going to Harps 20 years and still never know what to expect with them!

We've got 13 points at home so we are hard to beat there....unless you're Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

spurshero wrote: »
    Galway fan here . I don't understand price either . For some reason Galway have lost 3 players with Sullivan foley and keating all departing . Not sure if financial or for other reasons but either way not good . Galway defo look a lay to me

Nothing to do with finances as has been mentioned on the fan forum and on Facebook. Both foley and sullivan were commuting daily for training to and from Dublin, not sustainable for them. Keating has had no impact and better use of wages can be had.

Agree on Harps being a decent price now, good solid home form, if we click then we are capable of a good win but not at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Took finn harps dc at 21/20

Also had a chunk on under 9 corners at 6/5. Galway haven't had more than 8 in their games this season, while harps have only had one over 8. 6/5 seems decent odds given stats are in favour of the unders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cheers for the harps tips lads...and shels, erm...

Advertisement