Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Please remember when looking at overall stats, that rounds are scored individually.

Im aware. Which is why I'd give 1 and 4 to Conor, 3(which I'd call as 10-8) and 5 to Nate, and 2 as debatable, but I'd give to Nate because besides the knockdown Conor was on the back foot throughout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

https://twitter.com/dc_mma

Daniel Cormier ‏@dc_mma 21m21 minutes ago

Won't fight jones next. I am fighting rumble. He's here. He's deserving Won't fight jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Interesting stats.

More total strikes, more significant strikes, infinitely more octagon control.

Ultimate hater.

Dry your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

McGregor via Submission
    Deadst4r wrote: »

Fair play to both of them for negotiating the deals they did can't imagine it was easy! Thought it would be a long time until Lesnars purse was topped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    Im aware. Which is why I'd give 1 and 4 to Conor, 3(which I'd call as 10-8) and 5 to Nate, and 2 as debatable, but I'd give to Nate because besides the knockdown Conor was on the back foot throughout.

so what you're saying is you score the fight for nate if you ignore the knockdown, go to bed mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

What a fight!!!

Regardless of the result, as an Irish man you cannot be anything but proud of McGregor. Granted he gets paid obscene amounts of money but he put his body on the line and gave everything he could. Inspirational!!!

Thought he won rounds 1,2 & 4 comprehensively enough myself although Diaz finishing some rounds the stronger may have had some persuasion over judges.

As a nation we've had a rough couple of weeks with the boxing debacle etc so for me it was really great and refreshing to see an Irish man go in and compete the way he did!

What a night!

P.S. Subcomandante, any chance of that video showing one of the SBG crew throwing the 1st item/bottle as you claimed to see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Every judge disagrees with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I didn't think 3 was a 10-8, Nate wasn't completely dominant as McGregor threw some good shots and had offence. For 3:30 minutes of round 2, McGregor was beating Nate. He even knocked him on his ass. Sure, Diaz finished the round very strongly but not enough to counteract the fact he had been beat up for most of it and knocked down by a great punch.

Diaz via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    so what you're saying is you score the fight for nate if you ignore the knockdown, go to bed mate

I didn't say I ignored the knockdown, I said besides the knockdown (which lead to nothing) Conor didn't do anything in the round and was on the back foot throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/767235941186490369
    McGregor: It’s just my shin. Everything else is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McGregor via Submission
    I didn't say I ignored the knockdown, I said besides the knockdown (which lead to nothing) Conor didn't do anything in the round and was on the back foot throughout.

thats delusional scoring to be fair, even without the knockdown the 2nd was conors

McGregor on crutches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Irish people shouldnt be allowed say motherf**ker, it just sounds wrong

Diaz via Submission
    thats delusional scoring to be fair, even without the knockdown the 2nd was conors

You're the delusion one. Without the knockdown in round two, there's no way the judges give Conor that round and he was lucky only one judge scored round 3 10-8.

McGregor via Submission
    You're the delusion one. Without the knockdown in round two, there's no way the judges give Conor that round and he was lucky only one judge scored round 3 10-8.

09vYGR5.jpg

Diaz via Submission
    Irish people shouldnt be allowed say motherf**ker, it just sounds wrong

It does in fairness. Ya Bollix is a safe substitute.

Diaz via Submission
    09vYGR5.jpg

Ah yes, because disagreeing with something is "hate".

The stock rebuttal of millennial snowflakes.

"I tell ya what Fook leg kicks man, my leg is in bits" :D

McGregor via Submission
    Ah yes, because disagreeing with something is "hate".

The stock rebuttal of millennial snowflakes.

you're embarrassing yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Without the knockdown, it's a hard round to call due to McGregor wining over half the round and Diaz hammering McGregor in the last 90 seconds. But that knockdown was the biggest thing in the round and gave it to McGregor. The more I think about it (and I will watch it again), the more it is clear it was round 1,2 and 4 to Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

millennial snowflakes.

quite the stock rebuttal there yourself mate.

look, you can agree or disagree but knockdowns are defining moments and stick out in the judges' memories. You can't just brush them aside and not give them the appropriate weight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

Diaz via Submission
    Any links to this press scrum.

Does not sound like he wants to Fight Aldo next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Any links to this press scrum.

https://www.facebook.com/eirSport/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

but it looks like Conor is done now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Knockdowns takedowns and sub attempts win rounds 9 out of 10 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

McGregor via Submission

Ah yes the knockdown, that nothing incident when someone punches another person so hard in the face that their brain shuts down for a second and they forget how to, literally, USE their legs. That's nothing sure.

Advertisement