Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Nate mentioned he had a couple of injuries during camp his knee and ribs.
    Also said that if he was Conor he would have taken him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

McGregor via Submission
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Does sound a bit optimistic. How does he expect them to make it more interesting! Maybe he wants to fight Aldo and Edgar at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Leverage for negotiations i would think is the point of not committing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

When Conor was running away in the fight I have to admit I felt really bad for him and found myself willing him to survive. I fully expect to regret that over the coming weeks.

Yea I thought it was all over for Conor then. He was out of breath a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    Does not sound like he wants to Fight Aldo next

should have aldo face off against holloway and give conor the 155 shot he was supposed to get against rda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

'****s about to hit the fan' in a good way?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

mfceiling wrote: »
    Surprised to see that a lot of the poll are going for Conor by KO.

If he couldn't do it the last time I doubt he'll do it this time. That Diaz lad has a head made of granite. You could box him about all day and he'd still come forward. He's like the terminator!!

Could be another humbling night for Conor.

I'll get my coat.

Well done Conor that's a hell of an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Delighted to hear McG is done with 170. He isn't big enough to do well in it and it saps his energy. 155 would be good but hope he goes back down to put Aldo in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

McGregor via Submission
    '****s about to hit the fan' in a good way?

Did it not seem like a really weird ending to the presser?

Conor usually thanks everyone before he leaves.

I reckon he was feeling kind of **** at that point and actually had to leave due to roughness

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I think he wants to get to alvarez before someone else does. He should defend first IMO and after watching that he'd take Aldo no problem, its the weight cut that gona be the hardest battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

While Nate is getting his excuses in early and giving people to talk about whenever their trilogy fight comes around people ar moving on to Conor permutations re his next fight. I'd still suspect it'd be vs Aldo as at this stage it's kinda hard not to strip him otherwise given what has happened (Aldo vs Edgar) and what Dana has said etc but this might be a tactic for negotiations and a way to start the press for it by putting down Aldo.

McGregor via Submission
    I find it weird that he was so negative about leg kicks in the presser, that was what one him the fight imo.

I understand his leg is sore af right now..he's in crutches...but in the long run, his leg kicks will get better, more effective, hurt less.

I hope he keeps them up in the camps, they will keep many fighters at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

McGregor via Submission
    Media Scores. Pretty comprehensive.

OyJonFe.jpg

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I find it weird that he was so negative about leg kicks in the presser, that was what one him the fight imo.

I understand his leg is sore af right now..he's in crutches...but in the long run, his leg kicks will get better, more effective, hurt less.

Totally agree,he would a been better not being so candid.

McGregor via Submission

Just needs to pop over to Thailand and kick some banana trees and he'll be flying with them!

jimmii wrote: »
    Just needs to pop over to Thailand and kick some banana trees and he'll be flying with them!

For sure he can't pick it up overnight but its better to be able to keep people guessing and not admit you give up on them.

McGregor via Submission
    newbbieb wrote: »
    For sure he can't pick it up overnight but its better to be able to keep people guessing and not admit you give up on them.

Yeh for sure. Takes a while to get those shins hardened up though. My shins used to swell up like crazy after checked kicks now its grand.

McGregor via Submission

after the legkicks he threw tonight, no smart fighter is gunna ignore em cause he said he was done with them in a press conference

McGregor via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    after the legkicks he threw tonight, no smart fighter is gunna ignore em cause he said he was done with them in a press conference

Good point. So him saying that Aldos not interesting and he's done with leg kicks means he's going to leg kick the bajaysus out of Aldo in a few months time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    Lads if someone checks a leg kick or you're hitting their knees, no amount of work will stop that hurting. Fair play to him for not showing it in the fight, adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

Hell be limping for a few days but it's probably just soft tissue damage, I doubt he broke anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

McGregor via Submission

On the flip side what he has shown is if he has to use leg kicks he will or can and chances are they'll be effective too. I wouldn't worry to much about what he has said there.

McGregor via Submission
    obviously got the post fight test out of the way nice and quick :D

can barely open his eyes!

McGregor via Submission
    I'm guessing he was just joking about '**** leg kicks, yeah', at least I hope he was.

McGregor via Submission
    Lads if someone checks a leg kick or you're hitting their knees, no amount of work will stop that hurting. Fair play to him for not showing it in the fight, adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

Hell be limping for a few days but it's probably just soft tissue damage, I doubt he broke anything.

Definitely makes it a bit easier to take after a while but at the end of the day its bone on bone thats going to hurt no matter what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    obviously got the post fight test out of the way nice and quick :D

can barely open his eyes!

Out of competition once the horn sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    Looks like Mickey Rourke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm guessing he was just joking about '**** leg kicks, yeah', at least I hope he was.

He is heading to hospital but considering he has said nothings broken and it wasa huge factor in him winning the fight he is hardly gonna just drop it from his arsenal he was just expressing how he felt while in pain due to them.

McGregor via Submission

He is heading to hospital but considering he has said nothings broken and it wasa huge factor in him winning the fight he is hardly gonna just drop it from his arsenal he was just expressing how he felt while in pain due to them.

Aye, I'm half smashed so take what I say with a pinch of salt. Or two.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Out of competition once the horn sounds.

they test before and after the fight, lesnars failed in comp test was a post fight test

Advertisement