Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm on my second one, argos replaced the first no hassle after 3 or 4 months.

What happened your first one?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What happened your first one?

The spring in the little green button under the top right paddle was gone so it didn't click anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Mickeroo wrote:
    The spring in the little green button under the top right paddle was gone so it didn't click anymore.

Well that's interesting i have the same issue with mine.

Trying to get the time to ring Microsoft must get around to it

Xbox One Elite Controller from Gamestop.co.uk for just €124 (+ €3.95 for Parcel Motel)

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/52096/xbox-one-elite-controller?&utm_source=tradedoubler

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

so tempted. no way i game enough to use one of these properly. but still......arrrgghhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mossym wrote: »
    so tempted. no way i game enough to use one of these properly. but still......arrrgghhhh

Do Itttttttttt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So I finally picked up one and sweet bejaysus it feels so nice! I got it in argos with the 3yr replacement plan thing, figure it would be handy to have.

Looking forward to getting to use it in another few hours :D

Since I got the controller in January the right trigger made a squeky noise everytime I pressed it. Didnt bother me at first because I couldnt hear it during a game with the sound of the game.

Its gotten very loud though lately and really annoying. Would MS do anything if I contact them or would they laugh in my face?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Since I got the controller in January the right trigger made a squeky noise everytime I pressed it. Didnt bother me at first because I couldnt hear it during a game with the sound of the game.

Its gotten very loud though lately and really annoying. Would MS do anything if I contact them or would they laugh in my face?

Bring it back to the shop you got it from. Tell them the trigger intermittently doesn't work and always makes a noise. They should replace it then and there.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Bring it back to the shop you got it from. Tell them the trigger intermittently doesn't work and always makes a noise. They should replace it then and there.

Thanks for the reply.

I got it in Argos. I can't see them giving me a new one 3 months after buying it?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.

I got it in Argos. I can't see them giving me a new one 3 months after buying it?

Argos are brilliant for swapping stuff that dosent work properly.

Thanks guys! My local Argos is out of stock but I could reserve one for collection and it will be ready on Monday or Tuesday.

Finally got around to arranging my replacement controller this evening while trying to get into a bf4 game
    Anyway I've to send it off tomorrow

So I'm a peasant for a while

dunworth1 wrote:
    Finally got around to arranging my replacement controller this evening while trying to get into a bf4 game Anyway I've to send it off tomorrow

Just to update I'm still waiting for the shipping label to be emailed to me

caved and bought one of these. going to take some getting used to. think i'll be hitting the paddles when i don't mean to an awful lot!!

got the label this morning its now waiting to be picked up

ah i know you all know this already but this controller is ace. only realise how nice it is when you go back to the old one after using it. talk about a solid piece of kit, the weight and feel of it is just so much better . was sceptical about the cost but after a few days i'm convinced it was well worth it

dunworth1 wrote: »
    got the label this morning its now waiting to be picked up

received my replacement on Friday

arrived in a case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Finally bought one, delighted with it. Dunno why I took so long seeing as I loved the look of it from E3 last year. Anyway, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I've been considering whether to splash on one of these myself or not.
    Have you guys heard anything about a new and improved Elite coming out soon? Or should I go for the current edition?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

JoyPad wrote: »
    Have you guys heard anything about a new and improved Elite coming out soon? Or should I go for the current edition?

Thanks.

No mention of any changes to the elite pad.

The new basic controllers are getting a slight refresh with bluetooth capabilities being added but no mention of any addition to the elite version.

JoyPad wrote: »

Thanks.

There's a GOW one launching at the same time as the game. Same controller just different colour scheme

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's a GOW one launching at the same time as the game. Same controller just different colour scheme

A lot dearer tho! :eek:

A lot dearer tho! :eek:

Yea saw that alright. I don't think it'd be worth it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I could probably see an updated Elite being released next year with the Scorpio console as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just picked up one today. Is there much to setting it up working on windows 10? Will the normal xbone wireless receiver work?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Will the normal xbone wireless receiver work?

It should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It should.

No problem I'll update as I find out more

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

The Mrs. told me today she would be getting me a DS for Christmas. I said "if you're going to be spending that much money, just get me an Elite controller".
    "Sure its just a controller - does the same thing as the normal one" she says.
    Spent the next few minutes explaining to her the advantages of having one. Might aswell have speaking Japanese to her...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Explain the difference by using analogies to things that she knows, you know, like an expensive Mercedes compared to a dirty peasant car, or a really nice perfume compared to some dirty peasant perfume, or a superb bottle of aged wine, compared to dirty peasant wine. Something along those lines. :pac:

Advertisement