Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Found my problem. The accu weather app went rogue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

CptMackey wrote:
    No. Is that something I should do?

I don't know if it is essential, but when doing major Android updates, I always factory reset after.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

I wasn't expecting much improvement in battery performance with Marshmallow but I was wrong. I'm now going almost twice as long between charges. I used to have huge battery drain overnight if I didn't plug it in but now it's only 3%. Feels faster & more responsive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Low and behold there's another software update on the German unbranded today. Just installed it 5 minutes ago so obviously can't comment. Promises further battery and memory improvements and is still over 500MB

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwishiknew

Marshmallow update on 3 finally arrived today. Not noticing a huge amount of difference, Just hoping for an improvement in battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Low and behold there's another software update on the German unbranded today. Just installed it 5 minutes ago so obviously can't comment. Promises further battery and memory improvements and is still over 500MB

Hey, do you have a link for a Galaxy S5 equivalent of this? Would like to avoid Three's long lead time for delivering updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anybody know where I can pick up a genuine replacement battery? Mine has gone really bad recently and I've bought 2 supposedly genuine batteries but they've been worse than the one I already had..

Anybody know where I can pick up a genuine replacement battery? Mine has gone really bad recently and I've bought 2 supposedly genuine batteries but they've been worse than the one I already had..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VIK5DOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I would only buy a battery direct from Amazon myself

Probably have to be a An Post AddressPal purchase as batteries are restricted to ROI & NI AFAIK, although when i bought my spare it shipped here fine

moonboy52 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VIK5DOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I would only buy a battery direct from Amazon myself

Probably have to be a An Post AddressPal purchase as batteries are restricted to ROI & NI AFAIK, although when i bought my spare it shipped here fine

Thanks, would parcel motel be ok for sending it too, or does address pal have a uk address ?

Thanks, would parcel motel be ok for sending it too, or does address pal have a uk address ?

PM is a NI address which has the battery limitations as well as here, AP is a UK mainland address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

moonboy52 wrote: »

After reading the reviews of those batteries I wouldn't be to sure they're genuine.. I've bought similar for a galaxy S5 and they just swelled up.

I went for an Anker replacement battery, they've good after sales support and so far the battery has been great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-AK-A6035021-Lithium-Ion-3220mAh-rechargeable/dp/B00PVFYOGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465748355&sr=8-1&keywords=note+4+battery+anker

unklerosco wrote: »
    After reading the reviews of those batteries I wouldn't be to sure they're genuine.. I've bought similar for a galaxy S5 and they just swelled up.

I went for an Anker replacement battery, they've good after sales support and so far the battery has been great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-AK-A6035021-Lithium-Ion-3220mAh-rechargeable/dp/B00PVFYOGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465748355&sr=8-1&keywords=note+4+battery+anker

I have faith that direct from Amazon they are genuine. I would not trust a 3rd party seller

So i flashed Open germany DPE1 (was on 3 Ireland) a few weeks back for MM.

I notice on SamMobile DPE6 (N910FXXS1DPE6) is available but Kies or OTA says no update available.

Are people receiving N910FXXS1DPE6?

I guess it has nothing to do with the phone being locked to 3 that no updates are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can anyone recommend a tempered glass screen protector that fits well?
    The general consensus seems to be it's hard to find one due to the slight curve on the screen.

Do you know of any good case with a robust stand either?

Any recommendations or insights very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

iwishiknew wrote: »
    Marshmallow update on 3 finally arrived today. Not noticing a huge amount of difference, Just hoping for an improvement in battery life.

Been on it a few days and it seems to be more of the same with battery life for me ! Think I might buy a new one because my phone goes from 40 to 0 % at times which can be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Been on it a few days and it seems to be more of the same with battery life for me ! Think I might buy a new one because my phone goes from 40 to 0 % at times which can be annoying

This same issue is happening to my note 4 along with random reboots. Wondering if it is a marshmallow issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

I get the random reboots and random unmounting/remounting of SD card also. Sometimes the unlock screen says it has restarted (but hasn't actually restarted) and I need to use passcode instead of fingerprint.

Alan70 wrote: »
    This same issue is happening to my note 4 along with random reboots. Wondering if it is a marshmallow issue.

It could well be its really annoying and i have tried letting the phone go to 0% recharging while let off and the *#228# and it doesn't seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arbie wrote: »
    I get the random reboots and random unmounting/remounting of SD card also. Sometimes the unlock screen says it has restarted (but hasn't actually restarted) and I need to use passcode instead of fingerprint.

Yep I get this 2/3 times a day. Sorry it's happening to you too but I'm actually glad it's not just my phone that's doing this. Hopefully there's a patch update soon.

Mine did that too, but a new battery sorted it out. I ended up buying am Anker replacement from amazon and its brought my phone back to near new battery life..

BTW, if buying a replacement battery, the "supposedly OEM" Samsung one I got from amazon was sh1te. . Was giving me less life than the year old one I was replacing....

Anyone any info on the update pushed to vodafone users this morning?

• Advertisement

Mine did that too, but a new battery sorted it out. I ended up buying am Anker replacement from amazon and its brought my phone back to near new battery life..

BTW, if buying a replacement battery, the "supposedly OEM" Samsung one I got from amazon was sh1te. . Was giving me less life than the year old one I was replacing....

Anyone any info on the update pushed to vodafone users this morning?

Oh cheers ! I was gonna just go to bricks and mortar and buy a real battery but sure that will cost a small fortune ! I'll let you know about the update when I get it in a few weeks meteor are very slow at pushing updates OTA.

Oh cheers ! I was gonna just go to bricks and mortar and buy a real battery but sure that will cost a small fortune ! I'll let you know about the update when I get it in a few weeks meteor are very slow at pushing updates OTA.

I wasn't aware of any b&m shops that happy genuine batteries, and believe me I looked everywhere I could. Plenty of places offering supposed genuine ones but most if not all were fake.. and all the places you'd expect to get a real one didn't stock them..

I wasn't aware of any b&m shops that happy genuine batteries, and believe me I looked everywhere I could. Plenty of places offering supposed genuine ones but most if not all were fake.. and all the places you'd expect to get a real one didn't stock them..

Ah sure looks like I'll go with an anker battery so ! I wonder is it down to the fact that they don't expect to sell many of them so don't make them in huge bulk so finding a samsung original is impossible.
    Its also really annoying having such a great phone and not being able to use it as much as you would like because of the battery going bad. I do understand they will degrade over time but that was the main point about the note that it would offer great battery life.

Ah sure looks like I'll go with an anker battery so ! I wonder is it down to the fact that they don't expect to sell many of them so don't make them in huge bulk so finding a samsung original is impossible.
    Its also really annoying having such a great phone and not being able to use it as much as you would like because of the battery going bad. I do understand they will degrade over time but that was the main point about the note that it would offer great battery life.

I agree 100% Mine slowly started to degrade over the past 2-3 months to the stage where 4-5 hours was the max I'd get without some sort of charge, plus the phone would go from 30% to 2% in the space of a few mins. Since i got the replacement Im getting well over a days hard use. The replacement did take a charge or two to get going fully but its a worthy replacement in my opinion.

Its a bit silly that the shops don't stock the batteries, I tried loads of shops and even the Samsung centres in Carphone warehouse and they hadn't got them, nor could they point me in the direction of a website that sold official Samsung accessories. They could however sell me a new Note 4 or S7 Edge to solve my battery problem. It was at that point I regretted not getting the iPhone 6+, my partner has one well over a year and she can get almost 2 days from hers without a charge and the battery doesn't seem to have degraded much..

Oh well, the Note 6 better be good or I'm back to Apple for my next phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I agree 100% Mine slowly started to degrade over the past 2-3 months to the stage where 4-5 hours was the max I'd get without some sort of charge, plus the phone would go from 30% to 2% in the space of a few mins. Since i got the replacement Im getting well over a days hard use. The replacement did take a charge or two to get going fully but its a worthy replacement in my opinion.

Its a bit silly that the shops don't stock the batteries, I tried loads of shops and even the Samsung centres in Carphone warehouse and they hadn't got them, nor could they point me in the direction of a website that sold official Samsung accessories. They could however sell me a new Note 4 or S7 Edge to solve my battery problem. It was at that point I regretted not getting the iPhone 6+, my partner has one well over a year and she can get almost 2 days from hers without a charge and the battery doesn't seem to have degraded much..

Oh well, the Note 6 better be good or I'm back to Apple for my next phone..

I have the Note 4 and the iPhone 6 and the battery life on the Apple is way way way better. It's a shame as the Note is clearly the better phone but I end up using my iPhone more for certain things just due to the battery that gets drained on the note.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

new update rolled out. shows at 6.0.1 now. Got it on vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I'm having similar battery problems that others have mentioned, the phone randomly goes from 30% or 40% battery to 2% in seconds and then either dies or goes through a boot loop until I pull the battery. It even did it one time when the phone registered as having 80% battery. Can anyone who has bought a replacement battery post a link to the one they got, please?

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I'm having similar battery problems that others have mentioned, the phone randomly goes from 30% or 40% battery to 2% in seconds and then either dies or goes through a boot loop until I pull the battery. It even did it one time when the phone registered as having 80% battery. Can anyone who has bought a replacement battery post a link to the one they got, please?

This is the one I got and I'm very happy with it :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00PVFYOGK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467153428&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=anker+note+4+battery&dpPl=1&dpID=41oERDXMziL&ref=plSrch

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwishiknew

phill106 wrote: »

Just notified of an update on my Note 4. Presume its the same one. The battery life was pretty poor since the original update. Hope to god this fixes it. The phone used to turn itself off at 10% which what used to drive me bananas was that the battery drained at an inconsistent rate...This is only a problem since the Marshmallow update.

• Advertisement

iwishiknew wrote: »
    phill106 wrote: »

Just notified of an update on my Note 4. Presume its the same one. The battery life was pretty poor since the original update. Hope to god this fixes it. The phone used to turn itself off at 10% which what used to drive me bananas was that the battery drained at an inconsistent rate...This is only a problem since the Marshmallow update.
    I had a similar issue with the battery draining inconsistently. I had to replace the battery to fix the issue.

Advertisement