Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwishiknew

Can confirm battery life still pants and now there is a charging issue. Charges to 85% in 5 hrs with fast charger! All since bloody Marshmallow....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I updated to Marshmallow yesterday and had a bootloop problem today.
    Anyone else have similar? Is this a Note 4 "thing"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 De Blacksmith

I updated to Marshmallow yesterday and had a bootloop problem today.
    Anyone else have similar? Is this a Note 4 "thing"?

yes i have the same problems, on the huint for a solution ...none found yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I just got a recent update to Android 6.0.1 (eir mobile).

Anyone else with the same setup having the issue where your phone restarts every day or two? When I check my phone it appears to be frozen, then it brings me to the login screen where I have to enter my device password

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    I just got a recent update to Android 6.0.1 (eir mobile).

Anyone else with the same setup having the issue where your phone restarts every day or two? When I check my phone it appears to be frozen, then it brings me to the login screen where I have to enter my device password

Not every day or two, multiple times daily for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

8-10 wrote: »
    Not every day or two, multiple times daily for me!

:eek:
    Sounds bad. Glad it is not just me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I'm having similar battery problems that others have mentioned, the phone randomly goes from 30% or 40% battery to 2% in seconds and then either dies or goes through a boot loop until I pull the battery. It even did it one time when the phone registered as having 80% battery. Can anyone who has bought a replacement battery post a link to the one they got, please?

I have also been getting the switch offs at registered high battery percentage , honestly for the price of the phone its a bit ridiculous for it to be doing things like this. I do understand batteries degrade but there has to be a fault somewhere in the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwishiknew

I have also been getting the switch offs at registered high battery percentage , honestly for the price of the phone its a bit ridiculous for it to be doing things like this. I do understand batteries degrade but there has to be a fault somewhere in the software.

I was having some issues with my phone and they appear to have been resolved. . So far so good. I read somewhere, think it might have been xda, that a double factory reset / clear cache would help. Do the reset/clear once, start up the phone and do the same again. Now, the second one might make sod all difference but my battery seems to be back to normal and the phone is much better behaved. So I'm not going to knock it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

iwishiknew wrote: »
    I was having some issues with my phone and they appear to have been resolved. . So far so good. I read somewhere, think it might have been xda, that a double factory reset / clear cache would help. Do the reset/clear once, start up the phone and do the same again. Now, the second one might make sod all difference but my battery seems to be back to normal and the phone is much better behaved. So I'm not going to knock it!

My battery is much improved after this too.

It might also be down top the fact that my screen inactive turn off time had increased to 10 minutes without me realising after the update so I fixed that too. If you're having a problem with battery since the update check if this happened to you too.
    yes i have the same problems, on the huint for a solution ...none found yet

I hope you got this sorted. I turned my phone off by pulling the battery out and then put it back in, didn't turn the phone on and charged it. When I turned it on again it was fine. I did two factory resets after though to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Folks, I know it's been a while since the last post but hopefully someone can help. My brother has a Note 4 edge that needs a new battery. The company I used last for my standard note 4 (Anker) don't do one for the note edge.

Can anyone recommend another brand? Getting a genuine OEM one from the net seems to be impossible due to a huge influx of fakes.

Finally, my own note 4 died recently with an MMC failed error. Anyone had a similar issue and can it be fixed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Folks, I know it's been a while since the last post but hopefully someone can help. My brother has a Note 4 edge that needs a new battery. The company I used last for my standard note 4 (Anker) don't do one for the note edge.

Can anyone recommend another brand? Getting a genuine OEM one from the net seems to be impossible due to a huge influx of fakes.

Finally, my own note 4 died recently with an MMC failed error. Anyone had a similar issue and can it be fixed?

I know this for S1 phone - but it may be of help?

http://blog.brokenlcds.com/sim-and-mmc-problem-in-samsung-galaxy-s1/

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Would also like to know, my standard Note 4 died on me last week because of this MMC read failed error. Only had it for 16 months :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

inna981 wrote: »
    Would also like to know, my standard Note 4 died on me last week because of this MMC read failed error. Only had it for 16 months :mad::mad:

I've just found out that these phones have 2 year warranty. So if you haven't rooted your device, get in touch with Samsung and ask them to fix it.

Currently on hold to them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

I have mine being sent to Samsung tomorrow, but I'm wired as it was rooted and did trip the Knox counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've been having a ton of problems with my note 4 as well. Done 3 factory resets so far, it keeps freezing and powering off. Driving me nuts. It seemed to start after my last update. I'm using whatever version of Android booted up with my phone, holding off updating it again and it seems to be running smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mine is running fine apart from one fairly major issue. Multiple times during the day when the phone rings it suddenly going to "out of service area" and the signal strength changes to a circle with a line through it. Normally sorts itself but might take 3 or 4 times trying to return the call before it behaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Can anyone recommend a replacement battery ? OEM or other...maybe amazon...there are loads on eBay but my experience of batteries on ebay hasn't been good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

neacy69 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a replacement battery ? OEM or other...maybe amazon...there are loads on eBay but my experience of batteries on ebay hasn't been good

I got an anker battery from. Amazon for mine s while ago. Been great so far and comes with a decent warranty too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

unklerosco wrote: »
    I got an anker battery from. Amazon for mine s while ago. Been great so far and comes with a decent warranty too..

This one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-3220mAh-Compatibility-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B00PVFYOGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479200284&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+samsung+note+4+battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

whats the best custom rom for this phone ?
    not interested in spen capabilities, nfc, fingerprint reader

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

dougm1970 wrote: »
    whats the best custom rom for this phone ?
    not interested in spen capabilities, nfc, fingerprint reader

Lineage OS worked well for me before I upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Lineage OS worked well for me before I upgraded

i had that on it a year back but issues getting apps like snapchat to work.

Advertisement