Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

BrookieD wrote: »
    are you rooting the device in order to flash a new ROM, would like android marshmallow but also want to use SkyGo and if i Root i loose SkyGo altogether.

Cheers

No I don't root my phone. I just flashed the stock German ROM from here
    That won't trip your Knox security or void your warranty because it's stock Samsung firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Has anyone got Marshmallow working on their Note 4? All these German ROMs look like there 5.1.1 and below. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

inna981 wrote: »
    Has anyone got Marshmallow working on their Note 4? All these German ROMs look like there 5.1.1 and below. Thanks

As far as I know there are still no stock roms for Marshmallow for the Note 4. Was supposed to start rolling out last month! :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Sorry for the bump but I just bought this one from Vodafone. Has anyone had any luck rooting it?
    I'm on 5.1.1
    And if you have rooted it, is it possible to retain the S Pen without a custom ROM? I just want it so I can remove the bloatware and get good battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Tombi! wrote: »
    And if you have rooted it, is it possible to retain the S Pen without a custom ROM? I just want it so I can remove the bloatware and get good battery life.

Yes. I'm on stock rooted 5.1.1. You don't lose s pen etc unless you manage to delete the wrong thing through titanium backup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Grand so, Grassey. If you mind, could you share what method you used (just the webpage or something). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone manage to get marshmallow working on this? Looks like a few countries got it for N910-F?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

phill106 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get marshmallow working on this? Looks like a few countries got it for N910-F?

Where did you see that? I've been following it the last few weeks and according to xda and sammobile the 'F' model still didn't get it

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Where did you see that? I've been following it the last few weeks and according to xda and sammobile the 'F' model still didn't get it

seen it on a few sites when googling this morning
    http://www.ibtimes.com/android-60-marshmallow-ota-update-arrives-samsung-galaxy-note-4-will-galaxy-note-5-2215408
    http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-4-marshmallow-hungary-660159/

only just got this through work so only getitng into it now :)

That's a hoax from 5 months ago :-)

Every model except the F has gotten the update though so it shouldn't be much longer. As usual Samsung are being completely pathetic with their updates

• Advertisement

That's a hoax from 5 months ago :-)

Every model except the F has gotten the update though so it shouldn't be much longer. As usual Samsung are being completely pathetic with their updates
    ah silly me so, thanks ill keep an eye out.

ah silly me so, thanks ill keep an eye out.

Coincidentally my phone just started downloading it now. It's unbranded German firmware I'm running at the moment (DBT). If the update doesn't start for you automatically you can flash an unbranded official German rom. It doesn't affect warranty or root or anything like that and you always get the updates quickly (relative to samsung standards)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Coincidentally my phone just started downloading it now. It's unbranded German firmware I'm running at the moment (DBT). If the update doesn't start for you automatically you can flash an unbranded official German rom. It doesn't affect warranty or root or anything like that and you always get the updates quickly (relative to samsung standards)

Now available on Vodafone Ireland.

On the face of it it seems like a great but very understated update. Everything definitely zips around much faster and my battery already seems healthier. (Granted it's only been a few hours) The standout features for me are the Google Now context search (hold down the home button on any screen) and the new copy and paste features. Haven't tried the emulated storage yet or anything but might invest in a fast 128gb micro sd and give it a shot. Pretty impressed so far. I use nova launcher so can't really comment on touchwiz

Actually the screen off note taking function is pretty cool as well. You turn it on in S-PEN settings. You can remove the pen and write quick notes on your screen while it's 'turned off'. Very useful

update is now available on vodafone network ireland. Pulling it down now OTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Actually the screen off note taking function is pretty cool as well. You turn it on in S-PEN settings. You can remove the pen and write quick notes on your screen while it's 'turned off'. Very useful

Cool I didn't know that.
    Is there a list of things anywhere? I've updated but kinda hard to find out whats new. It all looks pretty similar!
    Hoping to see some battery improvements anyway. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Would you mind firing up a url for that German firmware when you've a min?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Would you mind firing up a url for that German firmware when you've a min?

The german one is here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/71144/N910FXXS1DPC2_N910FOXA1DPB5_DBT/

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

I followed this and it got me straight to Marshmallow. Found it on XDA Developers.
    qzx9ABA.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

inna981 wrote:
    I followed this and it got me straight to Marshmallow. Found it on XDA Developers.

Thanks for that, just did it myself and it worked a treat... finally my gallery opens instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Hi Guys,

Was cycling into work today and the phone (note4) fall out of the pocket :(:( Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get it fixed (based in Dublin) and rough cost?

Thanks in advance
    Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I updated to marshmallow yesterday and the battery is gone useless. Charged it this morning an it's down to 59% already. Anybody else having this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

CptMackey wrote: »
    I updated to marshmallow yesterday and the battery is gone useless. Charged it this morning an it's down to 59% already. Anybody else having this problem

Nope, first day after I updated I got two days out of mine with no charge. I last charged it at 6pm last night and still have 75% and that's after a trek around Dublin with google maps running.

Only thing for me was the lock screen was sluggish but after turning off the animations it was fine..

CptMackey wrote: »

Give it a while to settle down. There's a load of crap going on in the background (to use the technical term) for a while after it updates. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in my battery life since the update but the first day or two it was terrible. That's normal after any update.

Give it a while to settle down. There's a load of crap going on in the background (to use the technical term) for a while after it updates. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in my battery life since the update but the first day or two it was terrible. That's normal after any update.

Good to hear. Was wondering what was going out

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwishiknew

dpjmie wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Was cycling into work today and the phone (note4) fall out of the pocket :(:( Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get it fixed (based in Dublin) and rough cost?

Thanks in advance
    Dpjmie
    I broke my galaxy s3's screen a few years ago and went to Fonemenders in Sandyford industrial estate. It was an eye watering 199 but i dont think that was any more expensive than anywhere else at the time...they had a 1 hour service which was pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

CptMackey wrote:

Have you done a factory reset after installing MM?

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Have you done a factory reset after installing MM?

No. Is that something I should do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

iwishiknew wrote: »
    dpjmie wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance
    Dpjmie
    I broke my galaxy s3's screen a few years ago and went to Fonemenders in Sandyford industrial estate. It was an eye watering 199 but i dont think that was any more expensive than anywhere else at the time...they had a 1 hour service which was pretty cool
    Fonemenders are no longer in business afaik

Advertisement