Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR SPOILERS: Matrix reloaded - confusing ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

lol Dgen, your gonna have a melt down.

the question i want to know, and am going to have to wait for the answer to, is
    are they going to try and escape into what ever is outside of the matrix or just conquer the matrix and have (as neo discused) the machines under their control. (as it shud be)
    + yeah i was wondering that too about the metal ports in neos bod. cheked the 1st film. isnt that a bit dissapointing that they would make a continuity mistake on something that important)
    oh i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

saw it this mornin, thought it was good, but first one was better.

the white ghosty guys were ****, much prefare the agents. not enough guns.

confusing?? no. not at all. i think papillion summed it up pretty well.
    theres nothin to say that zion is a programme like the matrix, there may be another explantion to why neo can do the ****.

since neo decided to go back to the matrix to save trinity, doesnt that mean that all humans connected to the matrix are dead?

oh and just an argument im havin wit a mate.... he thinks that when the captain at the end says that "it was a massacre and theres only one suvivor", he is sayin that zion has been completly destoyed, i tried to tell him only a bit of the "amry" was massacred, but he wont believe me

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Jimeatsmenu
    Zion is definitely within the matrix. There can't be any other explanation for neo's powers

Because he went thru the Trinity Door they will be dead in 24 hours unless he does something to stop it

Zion wasn't attacked. The captain is referring to the other ship which was attacked earlier on. Agent smith was on that ship and he's the only one who survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Well I just saw the film and after all the reviews I've been reading it was a fantastic film. The best film I've seen in a long time and definitely the best film of the year so far (come on revolutions).

The only way this film was going to be better was if it wasn't a pure action movie and I'm glad it wasn't. The plot actually adds a heck of a lot more the the storyline and changes the way you view the matrix altogether. I thought the trailers gave a lot of material away but in retrospect it didn't really, there's more to matrix than actions scenes.

I did hear stories of americans not even paying attention inbetween fight scenes, which was what Gladiator was like the second time around.
    How can you have a decent rave when there are pools of molten lava around? lol
    I only figured out that the entire world was in the matrix when Neo stopped the sentinals. And I suppose to compound that further how did he bring Trinity back from the dead? The mind cannot live without the body but obviously anything's possible in the matrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

went ot see the film last night fu<kin rocked alright [only in my opinion there was too much smoochin']

anyways i didnt read through all the spoilers so this might have been already said..
    i thought from the film that Zion was another matrix... A matrix inside a matrix and thats way Neo was able to stop them alien thingys.. i may be wrong but if u saw Zion had always a blue colour about it and the "Matrix" had a greeen colour if you look closely to when they were on the highway you'll see that all the cars and vehicles have a green sory of membrane about them so The Architect built a matrix inside a matrix and he was the only one "outside" the matrix..
    aam i right? ye might have been talkin bout that i just read half the first page.. sorry:/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

End of movie bit:
    I think there's more to why he went through the trinity door. The architect said that there were six before him, six times has the war been fought, and six times has "The One" had to choose new people to make Zion. Going through the Trinity door didn't just save Trinity, it broke the repeated cycle of destruction creation, destruction creation. To stop history repeating itself again or something.

That might be way off the mark but it's just something that I thought of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Spoiler:
    Bruce Willis is a Ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

spoiler:
    zion and the matrix are one, but i bet that there isn't any war between man and machine at all, and that the matrix was man made too, the programs that run it are only doing what man had told them to do in the 1st place, make a perfect world for man to live within computers, this was because man was running out of the earths resoures and had no other way to survie, so they built the matrix so mankind would live on, you see the programs are only doing what they've been programed to do, they don't really need man as much as we think, there are other ways to make power than keeping man kind alive.

HOPE I'VE DONE THE SPOILER THING RIGHT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

OK I hope those that don't want to know you can resist, but my friend who's a cameraman give me the scoop on reloaded (& more importantly now since that's opened) revolutions, I present to you the ultimate Matrix
    It's only a movie & a movie which has to spend more on effects to keep the nerds happy than on cast & crew isn't really that good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Spoiler
    What about the fact that his experience was different from that of the other anomolies vis-a-vis, love. The architect tells him that there is nothing he can do to save trinity, yet he does and he revives her. So imo, doesn't this mean that he's broken more rules of the matrix that the architect previously thought impossible and that in turn this also gave him the power to do what he did through further self-realisation (of what the matrix was) combined with the power of love or some crap?
    :)

• Advertisement

threadkiller.
    aren't you the bitter and cynical one.

if people want to enjoy a film and get more out of the experience by discussing it, then more power to them.

i didn't hear any1 bashing you because you said you thought that the best part about it was the T3 trailer which while good, will probably be in the end a disapointment. t1 and t2 were classics. but i have a bad feeling about number three.
    look at godfather 1 2 and 3 3 wasn't great compared with the first 2.

anyway so it might be just a film. so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i have to agree with cartman . i believe the matrix is within a matrix not 2 programs side by side . ( could end up bing within 100 r so )

i didnt like the fight scean with the 100 smiths . thought it was very boring ( well considering it was in every add ) i will be going to it again on sunday to make sure i didnt miss anything

have to think of what i wana say fully im thinking of new things every time i write somthn down bbl

also in matrix 1 they could not remove all the bolts safly so key ones were left intact such as the one in the head

Originally posted by PAPILLION
    threadkiller.
    aren't you the bitter and cynical one.

Yes, I want my €15 & 2.5 hours back

if people want to enjoy a film and get more out of the experience by discussing it, then more power to them.

Absolutley, but there's far better movies to discuss.

i didn't hear any1 bashing you because you said you thought that the best part about it was the T3 trailer which while good, will probably be in the end a disapointment. t1 and t2 were classics. but i have a bad feeling about number three.
    look at godfather 1 2 and 3 3 wasn't great compared with the first 2.

anyway so it might be just a film. so what.

That was my cynicism coming out.

It'll be good, & I'll go see it & I'll probably buy it, but it won't change my life, it's only a movie & as I said a movie that spends more on effects then cast or crew to impress, doesn't really impress...

I'd compare these movies to the likes of boy racers

They're loud, shiney & has go faster stripes but at the end of the day they're a dressed up Opel Nova

thread.

Granted, thats your opinion. you are intitled to it.

its just i think you have the wrong thread.

you should be trying the reloaded good or bad thread?

not the matrix - confusing one.

which imho is a forum for discussion about the film. not repeated comments about how much of a waste of time it was.

here ill help you out a bit darling.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97004

and is it really necessary to quote, my message was just a couple of spots above yours. surely people can read up a bit?

I'm sure they could, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't taken out of context, surely it's not upsetting you too much ?

If so I apologise (humbly)

not at all.
    ;)
    just havin fun with ya.

so did you read the other thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beobrand

I'm as cynical as the next man but I thought this web page was very interesting:

http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm

He has latched on to several of the ideas that I saw in the film. I also reckon that he has got the ending of the trilogy more or less right too.

Although what some people have said about the FX in the Matrix Reloaded is true (i.e overuse of bullet time coupled with some slightly dodgy virtual stuntmen), I felt that the story has gained momentum and depth, taking on the sort of epic proportions of the Wagner Ring Cycle or, dare I say it, Star Wars. This made the film more enjoyable for me, as the exposition in the first film seemed quite clunky.

I suppose the fact that I am into computers and have a healthy interest in religion and philosophy means that I am the perfect target audience anyway! Oh, and I like a good action flick too!

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Crowley-like nature of some of the philosophy (i.e. that when one manages to find one's true will, the power to do anything is at one's command).

Great film, and Threadkiller - take a valium or have a nice cup of tea...or maybe both. It will calm you down.

realy interesting read. but it seems that he considers
    the outside world to be seperate which helps his theory/analagy hold cohesion, mind you it also holds weight. the reason neo could stop the sentinals is because he is connected, not because zion is part of the matrix. and they let the few trouble makers escape so that they dont stay in and interfeer with the matrix. then wipe them out periodically.
    oh ffs now im gonna have to watch it again to try and make my mind up.

*pop*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ThreadKiller - Interesting nick. Why do they call you that then? ;)

I developed a knack of killing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

threads? ;)

see it would have died right there, if you pesky kids hadn't interfered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beobrand

Originally posted by ThreadKiller
    see it would have died right there, if you pesky kids hadn't interfered...

No, I think that was me posting something too intelectual!;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I do like the Wachowski's use of classical theology, even if you get the feeling its only to give depth to a special-effects blow out :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

yes.......but what a blowout!! :eek: It's a shame the twins main trick was already bettered by the shape-shifting in X2.
    By the way, did anybody else hear that the twins were played by 2 reformed bbc diy experts? :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Anyone else read about Larry Wachowski being a cross dresser, and leaving his wife for a dominatrix?

Hollywood, wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i still go with a matrix inside a matrix its not the both being one matrix..In the first film the people of Zion talk bout the Artictect being dead some years after he built the "matrix" this is becoause he was the only one who could leave the matrix and zion which is the first matrix..so people thought he was dead... Thats why when morphious asked where neo found out that the prophecies were wrong he said "nevermind" because neo was the only person from all of Zion to leave the matrix and he knew this.. Everytime "the one" left the matrix the last 5times they took the other door but neo broke a circle of it crashin the programme and this is why the matrix isnt gonna get demolished..
    Jesus that could be confusing it if for me anyways:/

just my 2p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

They just better not think about hitting us with some "power of love" crap in the next one or I'll lose the rag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

there's a couple of things i don't fully understand. now, don't chastise me too much.

how do the humans reproduce? are they all literally test tube babies?

if they produce offspring inside the matrix, do the machines have to grow a new human?

i know these are questions i should have asked at the time of the matrix 1, but i wasn't a member of boards at the time, and now.....I'M TAKING THE CONCH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Absolutley, but there's far better movies to discuss.

says who ? you ? this is the movie of the moment, most likely the last movie everyone has seen in the cinema. if you didnt enjoy it **** off and dont post ? i dont udnerstand people like yourself, i really dont.

you are saying we shouldnt discuss this film because in "your" opinion its bad, well heres some news for you, you are in a major minority, allmost everyone posted here has said they loved the film and then 1 or two ppl come on saying

"omg i say its a **** film so your all ghey for discussing it" or somthing along those lines,

get a life,grow a willy and **** off

Advertisement