Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi, can anyone recommend a BB in Santry, Dublin, that actually works? Currently using Clearwire, cant even surf the net its so bad. I have no phoneline. NTL is not available in my area either. Any suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Anyone know when the broadband exchange in Bonmahon, co. Waterford will be enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

broadband now available in Bonmahon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

hey guys im currently on 3mb eircom broadband, was looking for an upgrade, anyone know the fasted in my area ? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

you can get 7mb with eircom for 39.99 a month (home advanced) depending on your line. If you want to know when you line will be upgraded pm me your landline number and ill let you know when your exchange is due to be broadband enabled
    Roundwood, was enabled between July and Aug this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Randi wrote: »
    you can get 7mb with eircom for 39.99 a month (home advanced) depending on your line. If you want to know when you line will be upgraded pm me your landline number and ill let you know when your exchange is due to be broadband enabled
    Roundwood, was enabled between July and Aug this year

Do you have Private Messages turned off as I'm unable to send you a PM.

Can you give an update on Milltown, Co Kerry (066-9765XXX)

Thanks

rash wrote: »
    Do you have Private Messages turned off as I'm unable to send you a PM.

Can you give an update on Milltown, Co Kerry (066-9765XXX)

Thanks

Hi, sorry I changed my email address and had to verify it, my messages were blocked until I could verify it, but you can PM the number now. Ill do a post off the exchanged due to be done this year and next.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

Ill do a post off the exchanged due to be done this year and next.

It would be great if you would do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ibuprofen

akenny01 wrote: »
    hey guys im currently on 3mb eircom broadband, was looking for an upgrade, anyone know the fasted in my area ? thanks

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

Check the link. UPC is about the cheapest and fastest. Should be available in your area. 20MB is 40 a month!!

Zith wrote: »
    It would be great if you would do that!

ive done it but its a mess lol it wont show up properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

ive done it but its a mess lol it wont show up properly

Is Ballygar on there somewhere? Nevermind

Zith wrote: »
    Is Ballygar on there somewhere? Nevermind

Ballygar is due to be enabled in Quater1 of 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Any news on the date for Ballinagar (057 93) It was down for JUL-DEC 08, now Nov-Dec 08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 The Scruffy One

I have just cancellend my broadband with eircom because I think they are a rip off!! - Phone line costs really add up .

Any recommendations - I don't need a phone just the internet. I'm livin in the temple bar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lawlerp

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Just spoke to the local Eircom tech. The Castleblakeney exchange is complete and waiting to be tested. Should be commissioned and live in 2 - 3 weeks.:)
    He'll ring me when it's live so I'll post here.

Same for the Ahascragh exchange aswell btw.

Castleblakeney is enabled. Just checked my line and it came back as suitable for broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

any idea when Ballinahown C.o Offaly will be enabled?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevybaby

Hi Guys,

Anyone hear of eircom/bt coming to Kilmeague, Kildare. I tried the option of wireless ICE (took it out after 5 days).

It feels like stuck in the broadband dark ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

trevybaby wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Anyone hear of eircom/bt coming to Kilmeague, Kildare. I tried the option of wireless ICE (took it out after 5 days).

It feels like stuck in the broadband dark ages...

I would recommend Leinster broadband as an option if its in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

lawlerp wrote: »
    Castleblakeney is enabled. Just checked my line and it came back as suitable for broadband.

Got a call today about it and just came here to post.:)

vex wrote: »
    any idea when Ballinahown C.o Offaly will be enabled?:confused:

It's on the list for Q1 2009 (January-March).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 firesniffer

Actually your description is very percise - but one minor detail - its called a CONTENTION ratio -

as in - 'a bone of contention'
    several customers 'contending' for the same broadband.

I appreciate that a connection ratio probably seems like a better way of describing it !
    But on a technical note your 'connnection' is always there - the 'connection' is your point of entry into the providers network - this is not shared - its yours - how much bandwidth you get at any given time is a different matter of course.

I know its anal - but terminology is important - imagine if people started calling bandwidth - cyberspace
    'I dialled in yesterday and I got 48K of cyberspace'
    It would drive me scatty !

you little nitpicker :)

But hey lets be honest here contention ratios are total rubbish
    it's just a way to sell a package, you don't know what contention ratio
    you're on, you just have to take the word of the supplier that they have
    you on the one they sold you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevybaby

I would recommend Leinster broadband as an option if its in your area

Thanks Robert, I might give them a try. What sort of speed can you get. Please tell me it's nothing like ICE. Said 3 Mgs gon 0.3 Mgs

Thanks Robert, I might give them a try. What sort of speed can you get. Please tell me it's nothing like ICE. Said 3 Mgs gon 0.3 Mgs

Between 2-4 mgs and fairly consistent

Sent you a pm with some details

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

Don’t suppose anyone knows if Drumsna exchange , Co Leitrim will be enabled any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Erobitha

I moved to Drogheda a few months back and used Eircom's website to try and get broadband installed. Turns out my apartment never had a phone line, so they came out for €160 and installed it for the privelege. Didn't hear from them again. Phoned them up and they said I lived too far from the exchange :eek: I live in the town centre?! Surely somebody could have told me sooner or is this just typical Eircom customer friendliness?

Don’t suppose anyone knows if Drumsna exchange , Co Leitrim will be enabled any time soon?

It's scheduled for Q2 2009 (April-June).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

kaizersoze wrote: »
    It's scheduled for Q2 2009 (April-June).

Cheers kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Erobitha wrote: »
    I moved to Drogheda a few months back and used Eircom's website to try and get broadband installed. Turns out my apartment never had a phone line, so they came out for €160 and installed it for the privelege. Didn't hear from them again. Phoned them up and they said I lived too far from the exchange :eek: I live in the town centre?! Surely somebody could have told me sooner or is this just typical Eircom customer friendliness?

You might have to wait a few weeks for eircom's test results to update. Don't mind that "exchange is too far away" bull, because the exchange is in the town centre too and I can get broadband from Drogheda despite living 3 miles outside the town. If it still doesn't pass after a month or so, then start calling eircom and complain, complain, complain. If you need any info, PM me.

There's one other thing that might point to what's wrong. Could you plug the phone line in to your computer's modem and connect to the internet??
    When the computer connects to the internet, tell me what speed it connects at. It'll be something like 44000 or 33600 bps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

make money wrote: »
    hi,
    At the moment, only Ballinasloe & Mountbellew seem to have wired broadband. Does anyone have any idea wether the rest of the county will get broadband, either wired or wireless.

There is fixed wireless broadband available in that area (around Ballinasloe and Mountbellew from at least 3 different providers, depending on where you are. We are on of them (Airwire).

If you are a bit more specific, I can tell you if it's available, where you live or you check the website out.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement