Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Randi wrote: »
    Roundwood, was enabled between July and Aug this year
    Is this a definate? As that means it's my line rather than the exchange (and after waiting for several missed deadlines for the exchange I'm mightly p****d off if that is the case). Off to expensive, high contention wireless, if I have line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Roundwood in Leitrim was enabled a few months ago. Roundwood in Wicklow is still waiting - eircom still working on putting poles up around the area to carry the new fibre runs for the exchange. I'm told there have been delays because of ESB lines in the way, waiting for county council wayleave, etc. Probably will not be ready until January at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

X in County Roscommon is now active. How I do not know as I did not see it on any list. Thank god. Time to ditch this piss poor wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ballinagar 057 93, has been moved (again)from Nov-Dec 08 to Q1 09....:( So fed up with Eircon, they keep moving out the date, I asked the lady on 1901 and she didnt know, I give up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Narin and Lemybrien now live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ahascragh, Co. Galway now live.

Line failure rate is dire. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevybaby

trevybaby wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Anyone hear of eircom/bt coming to Kilmeague, Kildare. I tried the option of wireless ICE (took it out after 5 days).

It feels like stuck in the broadband dark ages...

Just for info eircom got back to me. Q4 2009.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alc

FYI: I check broadband availability at eircom's website for my dad every couple of weeks, and yesterday it finally came back with availability for Killerig Cross exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

alc wrote: »
    FYI: I check broadband availability at eircom's website for my dad every couple of weeks, and yesterday it finally came back with availability for Killerig Cross exchange.

Thanks for the update, I just checked my home number on the killerig exchange and it failed but the neighbour's number passed... :confused: . Hopefully over the next week it will pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 firesniffer

Thanks for the update, I just checked my home number on the killerig exchange and it failed but the neighbour's number passed... :confused: . Hopefully over the next week it will pass.

I rang Eircom to ask them when my second line would be upgraded
    they could not tell but stab a guess ..

and here is a bt site that has the answer go figure ..
    Eircom suck .. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Captain Cesc

Does anyone know if Ice Braodband are any good in Ashbourne. Was looking at their 3mb package with phone bundle. Have heard some bad things but was wondering how people find them in Ashbourne. I think they started there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

scuttering by here on 3 in longwood, co meath.

anyone know if BT would intend coming to this area anytime soon, or some other reliable provider?? who else is worth a shot out here, i know ice are here but they aint any better than three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 firesniffer

poindexter wrote: »
    scuttering by here on 3 in longwood, co meath.

anyone know if BT would intend coming to this area anytime soon, or some other reliable provider?? who else is worth a shot out here, i know ice are here but they aint any better than three

is that 3 kbps or 3 meg ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

is that 3 kbps or 3 meg ?
    i'm not at home just now, i think it's meant to be 3mbps but am not so sure at all. it's the mobile broadband

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hi guys didn't want to start a new thread and hope this is the right place to post.

Living in Maynooth - don't have a landline or want one. Wondering what the best broadband options are. Nothing too serious a bit of downloading/uploading (pics music video files- short animations not movies!) for work, youtube emails etc.

I have sky digital and just wondering do they do a package - can't find anything on thier site although i hve been up for about 15hours today so apologies if i've missed it.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Ballymoe, Co.galway is live, im getting 1.5mb on Vodafone home Broadband, im 3mile away from the exchange. 094 96 area

• Registered Users Posts: 53,945 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm just wondering with the recession will it interfere with upgrading of the exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

My local exchange is Calverstown Co.Kildare and I have been ringing Eircom every 3 months for the past 2 - 3 years to see if we are due to be broadband enabled. Before the last election I saw a published list with Calverstown on it - happy days I thought. Anyway I heard nothing more about it and kept ringing back with no success. Anyway 3 months ago I rang and surprise surprise I was told that we were due to be enabled in around February. Grand I thought, until today when I rang back to double check and.....no, we are not on the list again. I asked was the information that I got the last time incorrect - " I havent a clue" was the response. I'd be furious except for the fact that I'm almost resigned to the fact that Eircom will never enable the exchange.

Can anyone shed any light on what the roll out status is of enablement? Is it random? Was the pre election list purely a vote getter? Do you think that an actual list exists that Eircom sales staff refer to when I ring them. I seriously get the impression that the sales staff dont check anything when I ring them but that's probably just sceptical old me

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Funny that because Ballyfin exchange in Co. Laois was also down on the list to be upgraded, but now it seems to be off the list Re: broadbandatoz site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

rollout timelines and progress on next-generation networks

http://www.broadbandatoz.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks folks - havent seen that site before. At least we are down to be complete by the end of this year - I'm holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

TheBazman wrote: »
    Thanks folks - havent seen that site before. At least we are down to be complete by the end of this year - I'm holding my breath

How come Eircom could not tell you this when you were first on to them??

How come Eircom could not tell you this when you were first on to them??

I get the sense that the people I speak to in Sales havent a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Is it common for ISP's to charge you if you want to downgrade your package?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Is it common for ISP's to charge you if you want to downgrade your package?

Yes. It's an Eircom charge that the other ISPs pass onto their customers.

Upgrades are free of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevybaby

Can anyone shead a bit of light on this.

My line passes on the line checker but when I go to order broadband from eircom I get an error that my exchange is not setup?

I have checked a number of line checker now and it aways passes now. This wasn't the case 2 months ago.

I know I'm in the rollout for this year.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Yes. It's an Eircom charge that the other ISPs pass onto their customers.

Upgrades are free of course. :)

It has to be said that this is not the case. Not all ISP's operate through Eircom for downgrades and not all ISP's charge for downgrades.

As for the Eircom charge; that would only apply to ISP's which are re-selling Eircom BB.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

trevybaby wrote: »
    Can anyone shead a bit of light on this.

My line passes on the line checker but when I go to order broadband from eircom I get an error that my exchange is not setup?

I have checked a number of line checker now and it aways passes now. This wasn't the case 2 months ago.

I know I'm in the rollout for this year.

Remember here, line checkers are only as good as the guy who updates them.

For the real answer you would have to ask Eircom where exactly the line is going, then ask them has this exchange has been launched. If i were you i would try and talk to someone in level two of the support.

Here's the most up to date info i have on Eircoms nationwide rollout. Just select your county in the drop down and look for your exchange.

http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Is Ntl 20meg availible in ballybrack?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

TheBazman wrote: »
    I get the sense that the people I speak to in Sales havent a clue

The exchange in Maganey is ready to go i got a call today and it will be live the 5th Febuary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement