Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Just got the 4mb with Magnet, according to the guy on the phone they only released it very recently, its ADSL2+ so it’s handy enough (4mb down and 512kb up…….pretty consistent), the only downside is that it took 2 weeks to set up. Has anyone else got the package, is there anything I should know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Grommet wrote: »
    Just checked on this - I'm told Bonmahon is on a list of exchanges that are targeted to be completed by the end of September, so looks like it's definitely some time in 2008.

Grommet, any word on Crusheen. I think it was due for Q1 2008 but nothing seems to have happened.

Any help would be great, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

glineli wrote: »
    Grommet, any word on Crusheen. I think it was due for Q1 2008 but nothing seems to have happened.

Any help would be great, thanks

Gene, Hi - I recall I gave you an indication last October that Crusheen would be ready by March or so (can't recall exactly what month I told you). Unfortunately, it turns out that because of the imminent speed increases, eircom have stopped work on a lot of their new site roll out to focus on upgrading existing exchanges with the ADSL2+ kit that they need to support the 10 and 12Mbps products. So their entire new site DSL roll out has slipped out a few months.

The good news is that I just checked with my mate and he tells me that Crusheen is just about ready now - there are some final tests that need to be completed, but it is looking good to go live within the next few weeks. I may have a definite date for you in a few days and if I get a chance I'll let you know (because I work outside of Ireland a lot of the time I don't get much chance to log in here any more).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

in roundwood eircom have been putting up a lot of fibre in the area to the exchange not sure when it will be done

any idea on time ?

will it be asdl2+ with all that fibre to the exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Gene, Hi - I recall I gave you an indication last October that Crusheen would be ready by March or so (can't recall exactly what month I told you). Unfortunately, it turns out that because of the imminent speed increases, eircom have stopped work on a lot of their new site roll out to focus on upgrading existing exchanges with the ADSL2+ kit that they need to support the 10 and 12Mbps products. So their entire new site DSL roll out has slipped out a few months.

The good news is that I just checked with my mate and he tells me that Crusheen is just about ready now - there are some final tests that need to be completed, but it is looking good to go live within the next few weeks. I may have a definite date for you in a few days and if I get a chance I'll let you know (because I work outside of Ireland a lot of the time I don't get much chance to log in here any more).

Excellent, thanks Grommet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Just checked on this - I'm told Bonmahon is on a list of exchanges that are targeted to be completed by the end of September, so looks like it's definitely some time in 2008.

Thanks! If they follow through, I'll be delighted. I'm absolutely desperate for access to broadband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conejockey

Joy, OH JOY. I bought my house in Kilnaleck in November 2007. Eircom told me that by the End of November it would be BB enabled, NOTHING. Several Phone calls later, it was February, NOTHING. I'm led to believe that they need to run a fibre op cable from Ballyjamesduff, some 9KM away. Ducts are in but guess what, STILL NOTHING. I had NET1 out in December, the antenna is some 600m away from me, No line of sight due to a warehouse recently constructed and no moves from NET 1 to relocate it.
    I'm pulling my hair out over this now, I just got my 3 usb modem, I'm sat in the attic with it hanging out of the roof light to get just one bar of signal (classy). I work from home and send and recieve many large files each week. I have been told about NBB, 500 euro to set up for 1Mb down 128K, anyone had any experience with it, and would that support my sons PS3!.

HELP!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

conejockey wrote: »
    I have been told about NBB, 500 euro to set up for 1Mb down 128K, anyone had any experience with it, and would that support my sons PS3!.

HELP!!!!!!!!!:D

NBB provide satellite broadband so the answer to the PS3 question is a big fat no. Pings on sat BB are waaay too high for online gaming, no matter what the provider may tell you.

Aughrim Exchange in Co. Galway went live yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Grommet:

Have you any update on the Milltown (Kerry) exchange, last update was that it was to go live during the summer so just wondering how long it will be delayed by

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emeerob

Any news on Annascaul ,county kerry?
    someone said 2 yrs......yikes
    rgrds rob

• Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

Hi Grommet,

Just wondering if the Lemybrien exchange is on the same list as Bonmahon or will it be further down the line before it's enabled?

Thanks in advance,
    skyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Please, Please, Please someone tell me that the exchange in Ballytore, Co Kildare is going to be enabled soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Grommet,

Any word as wether or not Ballygar, Co. galway will be enabled for DSL in the near future?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Ballickmoyler exchange in Co Laois upgraded recently. I am now in the broadband age. 1mb and shortly to be upped to 2mb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1Mb customers will not be upped to 2Mbits in this upgrade phase .

2mbits will be upped to 3mbits meaning that ADSL residential packages will be

1mbit 3mbit 7.6mbit after the upgrades where they are 1mbit 2mbit 3mbit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

hello Grommet, any word on Broomfield

perhaps more important who will be the winner of the 3.30 at Doncaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

rugbyman wrote: »
    hello Grommet, any word on Broomfield

perhaps more important who will be the winner of the 3.30 at Doncaster?

Now that was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Grommet,

Any word as wether or not Ballygar, Co. galway will be enabled for DSL in the near future?

Cheers :)

Was talking to the local engineer when our line went down because of some builder knocking the cables about two weeks back. Asked him about broadband in Ballygar and he said something like that eircom would have to lay fibre to the exchange. So my guess is that's a long way off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

sorry for being off topic, since Netsource was bought out by Magnet (ages ago now) does anyone know if anything changed - cap's etc for the people who were netsource customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Airwire has provisioned the Cappataggle basestation today (Co. Galway). It's covering Cappataggle, Kilreekil, Newtown and New Inn. Approx anything within 15 km of Cappataggle and line of sight to the masts.

Out coverage map can be found here: http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/coverage

/Martin

Marlow wrote: »
    Airwire has provisioned the Cappataggle basestation today (Co. Galway). It's covering Cappataggle, Kilreekil, Newtown and New Inn. Approx anything within 15 km of Cappataggle and line of sight to the masts.

Out coverage map can be found here: http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/coverage

/Martin

Nice one. Any connection to the Aughrim exchange misteriously going live 2 weeks ago? Or just coincidence?:pac:

I have a few clients in your catchment area that I'll be calling.:)

Where's the mast located btw? Along side the Eircom and mobile ones at the church?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Nice one. Any connection to the Aughrim exchange misteriously going live 2 weeks ago? Or just coincidence?:pac:

No. It's been agreed with the locals and in the pipe for months. We've just been waiting for some of the kit, which delayed us several months.
    Where's the mast located btw? Along side the Eircom and mobile ones at the church?

It's a setup of it's own exactly between the Eircom mast and the other two mobile masts further towards Loughrea. About a mile from the community center and school, but higher situated.

/Martin

No. It's been agreed with the locals and in the pipe for months. We've just been waiting for some of the kit, which delayed us several months.

I meant it the other way round.:)
    As in, did Eircom get the finger out to have it done before you went live.
    But with the mast on the Loughrea side you probably wouldn't catch much of Aughrim anyway.

I meant it the other way round.:)
    As in, did Eircom get the finger out to have it done before you went live.

I blatantly ignored that hint :). What they do or not do, doesn't do much to our roll-out :)

As for DSL, it's the smallest amount of customer they usually get out of it, because Digiweb and BT sales reps will be swarming the area and grabbing anybody they can.

/Martin

I blatantly ignored that hint :). What they do or not do, doesn't do much to our roll-out :)

As for DSL, it's the smallest amount of customer they usually get out of it, because Digiweb and BT sales reps will be swarming the area and grabbing anybody they can.

/Martin

A BT rep knocked on my brothers door 1 hour after the exchange was commissioned.

A BT rep knocked on my brothers door 1 hour after the exchange was commissioned.

Must have been a bad day for the Digiweb rep. They usually call 2 seconds after the eircom tech has turned the power on the dslam on :)

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

There as bad as 'Ambulance chasers'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Unconcerned

Eircom sucks, an exchange within 3 miles of me has been updated now 2 years, yet f*ck all people in the area can actually get this service because the phone lines in my area are as old as Mickey Rooney. As the exclusive rights holders to the phone-line empire in Ireland (which of course is absolute ****e), you think they'd be required to update phone-lines? Is there any process that any of you have heard/done to actually get Eircom to budge on this topic? I have been ringing them since 1998, looking for an internet connection better than 56k modem (which I traditionally connected to at 8kbs). At this stage, I am using a crappy O2 wireless modem, which isn't even usefull as a paper-weight. The only answer I can ever get out of these people who are scamming us for millions as a country, each year, is "Your exchange will be updated shortly" (even though it HAS been updated now for a couple of years)

Even as a private company, they will not allow the purchase of new lines by individual customers - I have been offering to do that now for a few years.

Please can someone help me out on this topic; I am not sure if it's in the right place, but it appears people post here and I should get some sort of response on it.

Thanks in advance for any responses! They are greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭inlimboland

Hi to all, can anybody tell me the best provider for Donaghmede D13??
    I have no phone line.

NTL have told me they are not in my location yet.
    I am using my 02 broadband for its 30day trial so i am not stuck for now, but the pesky 10gig limit will catch me im sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement