Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availblility. what and where.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Hi,

you are aware that Belclare can get fixed wireless broadband of Airwire from Kilconly ?

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TheBigJ

Thanks, I am aware that Airwire is available, but feel strongly that our exchange should be upgraded at this stage.

Sure,

if Eircom pays THEMSELFES for the upgrade, so that they afterwards can charge you 45 eur or more for 1m/128k at 48:1 contention with a 10GB/1GB cap in a bundle :)

/Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxfordbuild

Does anyone know if the upgrade to the Foxford exchange took place, it was scheduled for 9th August ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lawlerp

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know when Castleblakeney Exchange in Galway will be enabled?

A list Eircom published earlier this year, said that the exchange was scheduled for an upgrade by last June, but no word on it yet.

I ring Eircom once a week this weather for an update, but as they just keep telling me to ring back in a week or a fortnight's time , I'm just wasting my time.

I had wireless broadband from lastmile but had to get rid of it because they couldn't get a line fo sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

lawlerp wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

A list Eircom published earlier this year, said that the exchange was scheduled for an upgrade by last June, but no word on it yet.

I ring Eircom once a week this weather for an update, but as they just keep telling me to ring back in a week or a fortnight's time , I'm just wasting my time.

I had wireless broadband from lastmile but had to get rid of it because they couldn't get a line fo sight.

Just spoke to the local Eircom tech. The Castleblakeney exchange is complete and waiting to be tested. Should be commissioned and live in 2 - 3 weeks.:)
    He'll ring me when it's live so I'll post here.

Same for the Ahascragh exchange aswell btw.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Just spoke to the local Eircom tech. The Castleblakeney exchange is complete and waiting to be tested. Should be commissioned and live in 2 - 3 weeks.:)
    He'll ring me when it's live so I'll post here.

Same for the Ahascragh exchange aswell btw.

Thanks Kaizersoze. Appreciate that.

Hi Folks,

You know, that Castleblakeney is covered by Airwire ? Base stations in Northhampton, Ballymacward, Newbridge and Abbeyknockmoy should cover that.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

anyone know when roundwood exchange will be enabled

Marlow wrote: »
    You know, that Castleblakeney is covered by Airwire ? Base stations in Northhampton, Ballymacward, Newbridge and Abbeyknockmoy should cover that.

/Martin

Hi Marlow,

No I didn't know Castleblakeney was covered, but I'm not in Castleblakeney, I'm in Caltra. Does Airwire provide coverage in Caltra?

Last January when Lastmile installed their mast in Caltra I was able to get a signal but once spring came the signal became intermittent and finally failed completely around the middle of May. There must be trees or bushes in the way. Some of my neighbours have a great signal from Lastmile, but not me unfortunatley. So, I wouldn't be optimistic about a signal from Airwire.

btw the Airwire deal looks dearer than the Lastmile package. and both look dearer than Eircom. Is there anyway, do you think, that the wireless providers could provde the same download speeds at the same price as Eircom.

Rgds

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Hi Marlow,

No I didn't know Castleblakeney was covered, but I'm not in Castleblakeney, I'm in Caltra. Does Airwire provide coverage in Caltra?

Last January when Lastmile installed their mast in Caltra I was able to get a signal but once spring came the signal became intermittent and finally failed completely around the middle of May. There must be trees or bushes in the way. Some of my neighbours have a great signal from Lastmile, but not me unfortunatley. So, I wouldn't be optimistic about a signal from Airwire.

btw the Airwire deal looks dearer than the Lastmile package. and both look dearer than Eircom. Is there anyway, do you think, that the wireless providers could provde the same download speeds at the same price as Eircom.

Rgds

Regards

simple answer ,is no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I asked a few months ago, but gonna ask to see if there's an update.

Any chance there's been any progress on the Ballygar exchange? I'm with Brisknet but the speeds aren't fantastic for this 1meg package

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

Hi all,

Anyone aware of what options there are in this area?
    eircom cannot do anything for me at present;).

First of all, with Eircom you always need to calculate the 26 EUR landline fee in, because without the landline you don't get broadband of them.

Also, Eircom is not uncapped nor 20:1 contention for residential customers. Hell, they don't even offer 20:1 for their businesses on DSL.

Dearer than Last Mile, I doubt it. Last Mile is 37.99 EUR for 1M/256k capped, where we are 30.25 for 512k symmetric or 45 for 1.5 mbit/s uncapped. The 30 EUR they state is only for the first 3 months as introductory offer.

In regards to Caltra, I believe, it should be possible to cover that. Definatly worth a shot. You know, there is no charge, if we can't connect you ?

/Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bongo103

Hi

I currently have three modem and its awful.Living in clonmel and I am considering Icebroadband ..Has anyone any reports on it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

bongo103 wrote: »
    Hi

I currently have three modem and its awful.Living in clonmel and I am considering Icebroadband ..Has anyone any reports on it.....

Did you miss the sticky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bongo103

Sorry Barnicles just joined..sticky?

'Ice Broadband Steadily becoming more terrible'
    Hope that helps Barnicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toros2

I would seriously consider finding an alternative Provider other than Ice Broadband. I am currently talking to ComReg about them as they are refusing to tell me why I have lost what was already a very bad connection. I have to wait a set period before ComReg can act. Alot of people reporting on this site have good connections initially but within months there is a big drop in speed and you are then locked into a contract with them. Don't Go There!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,946 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i rang eircom twice today about broadband in my area

(rang twice just to make sure)

i got the same answer twice that my area is in a que and the said it will be done in late october

are they trustable

im usually sceptical

but i want proper broadband so much

if i ask the engineers at the exchange they should know right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 limerick-kev24

barnicles wrote: »
    'Ice Broadband Steadily becoming more terrible'
    Hope that helps Barnicles

Barnicles, where are u based that u have a broadband connection with ice? Or have u had a bad experience?

Bongo if your in clonmel at the moment ice provide a very good service there. They have spent a lot of money in developing the limerick and tipperary area so u shoud have no problem in getting a good service.

Barnicles, where are u based that u have a broadband connection with ice?

NO ICE CONNECTION!!!

Or have u had a bad experience?
    Bongo if your in clonmel at the moment ice provide a very good service there. They have spent a lot of money in developing the limerick and tipperary area so u shoud have no problem in getting a good service.

Read the megathread

Thats just my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Barnicles, where are u based that u have a broadband connection with ice? Or have u had a bad experience?

your kidding,,right

• Registered Users Posts: 24 limerick-kev24

your kidding,,right

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

barnicles wrote: »
    NO ICE CONNECTION!!!

Or have u had a bad experience?

Read the megathread

Thats just my advice
    nope
    Listen to the guy/gal, check the thread, I am fed up contributing to it at this stage. Getting now where with ICE or ComReg.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lads can you please ensure you post in the RIGHT thread!
    babaloushka, in future keep a thread on topic, there's no point in replying to the ministers comments in this thread...posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Cabaal wrote: »
    lads can you please ensure you post in the RIGHT thread!
    babaloushka, in future keep a thread on topic, there's no point in replying to the ministers comments in this thread...posts deleted.

I replied to the minister in THIS thread because this is where the minister put it originally and at that time, I was the only one who did reply. My post was not moved when the thread became amalgamated into one of its own, so it wasn't my fault! Why censure me for that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Hi all,
    living in Clane,on 4meg eircom biz line for 18mth+,rang a few months ago to be told that even though the 7.6meg line was cheaper than my 4meg contract(89+vat)they were unsure if I could get it on my line and to ring in a few months.Anyway,credit crunch etc I decided to downgrade to their biz starter line(40e cheaper)figuring I could handle the 3meg that would give me.This I did online on their site on Sunday.Anyway,as of last night I noticed utorrent hitting 60k up(normally 35!)so I checked the download speed ...happy days 700k down.Just thought Id let people know.I am no Eircon fan as they are very expensive but the line here never goes down with them.There may be others in a similar position.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Odgious

Hi there, does anyone know if Eircom Broadband is available in Glaslough, Co. Monaghan or are there any plans for it?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hi there, does anyone know if Eircom Broadband is available in Roundwood, Co. Wicklow or are there any plans for it?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement