Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hysteresis

Originally posted by mechanima
    Reset it to ie-smtp.utvinternet.com and three mails popped neatly out!

ie-smtp.utvinternet.com (aka mail.d-n-a.net) and smtp.utvinternet.com point to different ip addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

It's getting a bit ridiculous now. This has nothing to do with the news that utv launched a flat rate internet package. let it die, for gods sake.

If you want, go ask in admin for a whole utv forum. this thread has gone waaaay off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Have to say I agree, this is the most off topic thread.
    I think UTV should just buy a customer interaction board, I don't think they're too expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

Perhaps I could crave a little indulgence to leave this here for a while and save a lot of phone calls?

The seems to be a problem with the UTV smtp server...for now if you use:

dnetetrn.d-n-a.net

It should work fine for you.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Thanks for the tip mehcanima.

Can I ask people to please keep all UTV Technichal queries/advice to either the existing thread or nets/comms.

• Advertisement

Sorry...I just thought is was an idea to grab a couple of people's attention for an hour or so with a headline for that...

;)

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

UTV should do what Komplett did and take out some space on Boards.ie. I know there is a utv.support newsgroup but a lot more UTV supporters come here to air everything out rather than there. It might also aid UTV Support a lot to have the benifit of 3,000 or more people's help to solve some of the problems they might just be not able to deal with? I know I was one of the people that did not want this thread to go a while back but it really is in disarray now.

OHP

I agree with you there...a support board would be great...don't suppose there is any real reason why they couldn't set up a board on their own server?

G

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They have their own newsgroups - utv.chat and utv.support at a minimum - but nntp doesn't suit everyone. And they seem to be down. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Originally posted by dahamsta
    They have their own newsgroups - utv.chat and utv.support at a minimum - but nntp doesn't suit everyone. And they seem to be down. :)

adam

They news groups are quite usefull and there's this guy called Carl that no one can get rid off :-)

Paul

p.s. they aint down for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I lie awake at night wishing they would get a commercial interaction board here. This thread features in my dreams at this stage....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nightmares Dustaz, nightmares. :)

adam

Advertisement