Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you feel about T-Girls?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Mikaboshi wrote:
    if no one can control what they are and are not attracted to then is that not fair as it is random for everyone ?

Maybe in a grand view of things - yes. If you have a game of Sims or something similar, with yourself on the outside looking in. When you're up close, it could seem a bit more unfair - i.e. if you fancy someone who doesn't fancy you. So on a grand scale yes. On a smaller scale, I think most would agree that it would be fairer if the people you were interested in were also interested in you and so forth. It's in that sense that I meant that it was unfair... but you're quite right, on the more random side of things, and on a grander scale, random attraction is fair. :)
    if some people can control what they are attracted to and some people could not, that would be unfair. in my reading Rozie seemed to imply it is unfair on T-Girls as the majority of males do not seem to be willing to date them.

That I don't agree with. Or at least I agree that it's unfair, but no more unfair than previous. Yes, the prospect of going out with a trans person is probably less attractive to most people... but the same can be said about a lot of sections of society.
    Is it not a sign of disrespect to demand that ones own views overide other peoples ? some people do not see Rozie as a female, so why should they automatically have to pretend to or else be labbeled ignorant or disrespectfull ? it is basically saying that some people are not allowed express their opinion which is unfair imho.

Ah, I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. I think this basically boils down to whether you particularly give a crap about the person in question calling you disrespectful.

Seriously, what's the stigma in being called disrespectful? Especially if you're being called that by someone you don't respect. It's only the truth. :)

I may consider referring to trans people by their birth sex disrespectful, but by that same token, if you don't particularly respect me, why bother with my opinion? Seriously, think about it. I'm in the habit of referring to trans people by their preferred pronouns and name because I've been running in trans circles so long that it's simply habit for me. It doesn't mean that you have any obligation to do anything similar - but if you want to seem respectful to them, it's a good way to go.

To be honest, I can't really care what you think of me as - it's inside your head, it's outside of my sphere of control. I don't care so long as you're not discriminating against me in terms as a potential employee or consumer, or inciting violent hatred against me or trans people in general - I just won't be particularly inclined to hang around you... and if you feel you can be disrespectful, then it's no loss to either of us.

But if you want to appear respectful, a good way to go is getting the name and pronouns right :)
    you want to express your opinion that you are of the female gender then thats cool as thats your choice, but you are saying that i should not express my opinion that your gender is male which i think is unfair. how would you feel if i told you i think you should post in the masculine gender or else i would consider you disrespectfull ?

I'd tell you where to shove it (diplomatically of course :) ) - and part ways. Wouldn't you? Actually my first response would probably be "Ah, we seem to have reached an impasse" - but yeah, ultimately if we couldn't agree, simplest thing would be to part ways as we'd obviously have very differing views of what is and isn't respectful. And if we had to, like if there was a business relation in terms of client and provider, I'd default to "Buy in your language, sell in theirs". In the case of working together, we'd have to reach some sort of agreement, but if I'd legally changed my name, I'd at least insist on you calling me by that name... what with it actually being illegal to reference to the old name (it's pretty much stipulated in Deed Polls). Oh and most employers have some sort of Dignity And Respect Policy that would pretty much mediate that sort of dispute for us anyway. :D

But anyway, sorry if I'm not the most coherent right now - lack of sleep.
    Take care,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

To Rozie:

I didn't read the entire thread, but flicked and as expected somewhat negitive on the whole dating front anywho, if its any consolation I've dated one and met up with 2 others, didn't work out due to personal differences but for me its not an issue, prefer guys but wouldn't discount the possibility of dating a transvestite again.

Regards
    Az

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

azezil wrote:
    if its any consolation I've dated one and met up with 2 others, didn't work out due to personal differences but for me its not an issue, prefer guys but wouldn't discount the possibility of dating a transvestite again.
    Regards
    Az

Transvestite != Transsexual.

So they were pre-op :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

moridin wrote:
    Transvestite != Transsexual.

and Drag Queen != Transvestite != Transsexual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

We're talking stages of separation here Damo, gotta take baby steps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

This is exactly what I mean(from another forum):
    So I met this boy, hit it off quite well with him too. Well, he's an EverCrack playing anime geek with an interest in history, primarily World War II. I'm a video game playing geek girl who spent half of high school in the library reading the WWII history books because I had no friends. We shared a similar sarcastic wit and had plenty in common.

So, I meet him, we spend over an hour in the comic book shoppe peeking threw the shelves and sorting threw anime posters. Then almost three hours at the mall in the food court just hanging out and talking about stuff.

And so comes the first date. Not only a first date, but my first date with a boy ever. We went to the new war museum and spent maybe five hours there and it was actually a lot of fun. After this date I sat down with him outside to speak to him, asking about how interested in me and if he'd like to go out with me agian, he gave a definate yes. This ment I had to tell him that I wasn't a conventional girl.

Well, the good news is he didn't hit me or react harshly. But his ultimate response was "Well, we can still hang out..." Which losely translates from boy-language to "Let's just be friends."

Now, I wasn't surprised by this respose, it's what I expected. It's not what I hoped for but it's what I expected him to say. I figured there was a slim chance for violence, a minor chance of him jumping up and screaming at me calling me a fag, and another not-so-hot chance of him going "Ashley, you're an awesome girl and I really don't care if you used to be a boy."

It's still depressing however, based on what I asked him before I told him, I'd actually have a boyfriend... If I hadn't been trans.

I do hold a certian respect for myself in this reguard though. I didn't lie and I didn't string him along for months, keeping my abnormality a secret (And it's not like I couldn't have pulled it off for 4-8 months without telling him). I wanted to be fair to him and let him know first hand.

Oh well...

I don't get that. If you like someone, you like them. This isn't anything to do with the mythical lack of attraction some of you are preaching. It's just plain "Trannies are icky". The person hasn't changed, only their past has been revealed. I don't see how there's any plausible scenario where that would truly put someone off unless they were a criminal or something which is a little more understandable.

Why couldn't things be nice for once -_-

Rozie wrote:
    I don't get that. If you like someone, you like them. This isn't anything to do with the mythical lack of attraction some of you are preaching. It's just plain "Trannies are icky". The person hasn't changed, only their past has been revealed.
    Having had an experience recently where I cared about a person a great deal, they didn't change but a 'truth' was revealed which lead to me ending it, I can say, there are some things individuals just can't accept, no matter how much you may care for the person there are just some things not even Love can conquer.... sad but true.

Sorry, I honestly don't buy it in this case. I think if people were properly educated and encouraged this kind of thing wouldn't happen as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

But someones past can directly affect their future ie what if someone wants kids but does not like adoption but wants children of their own flesh and blood ?

Attraction is not just a physical thing, you could be atracted to someones physical body but then when you get to know them not like something about their personality or beliefs in life so are no longer attracted to them, a very devout vegetarian meets a meat eater, religious differences etc.

Even if he was attracted to you at th start that attraction was on the basis of believing you were a natural woman. some people will just not view you as a woman even with a sex change and so will not want to date you, this is not mean to be offensive in any way but just the way it is. Just because thy were attracted to you before knowing does not mean they should automatically be attracted to you after you tell them the situation. There is plenty of things that can end an attraction in a relationship so i would not stress about it too much and just carry on searching and you will find the right person.

• Advertisement

Mikaboshi wrote:

Even if he was attracted to you at th start that attraction was on the basis of believing you were a natural woman. some people will just not view you as a woman even with a sex change and so will not want to date you, this is not mean to be offensive in any way but just the way it is.

Procisely, developing feelings for someone is as much to do (imo) with your preception of who the person is, if that preception is changed so dramatically, it would be very difficult for anyone to see passed it, its almost like getting to know an entirely different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

I think Ghastly says it best in ghastlycomics.com (in http://www.ghastlycomic.com/d/20051030.html) in the commentary:
    It just goes to show you that all our personal differences could be overcome if we'd all just take the time to have sex with a tranny. In fact, I think it should be required for everyone in politics to have to sleep with a tranny before they can take office. Every international summit should be well stocked with otaku trannies so the world might come together as one.

It would solve all our problems :D

Except for creating the problem of there not being enough trannies to go around in the world.

At the end of the day ( i hate this saying ) there are a million reasons why someone will not want to continue to go out with someone else and one reason is not any more unfair than the next. some people will not go out with others because of their wealth, job, height, weight etc so the OP should not feel they are being particularly discriminated against just because they are a T-girl.

I believe it was also mentioned that it is unfair that so many people have a natural reaction to not go out with a T-girl and so the OP fears living their life out alone. Again this applies to everyone and not just T-girls, plenty of people have that fear and plenty of people find it hard to find people that match their requirements. It is also unfair to say it is unfair that people do not want to go out with a T-girl as that results in the OP being alone because amybe there is someone who would want to go out the OP but the OP has some of their own criteria and so does not want to go out with person. Everyone has their own standards and desires so it is not fair to complain about someone elses as we all have them.

I apologise for the incoherence of this post as my brain is still asleep.

Mikaboshi wrote:
    But someones past can directly affect their future ie what if someone wants kids but does not like adoption but wants children of their own flesh and blood ?

Attraction is not just a physical thing, you could be atracted to someones physical body but then when you get to know them not like something about their personality or beliefs in life so are no longer attracted to them, a very devout vegetarian meets a meat eater, religious differences etc.

Even if he was attracted to you at th start that attraction was on the basis of believing you were a natural woman. some people will just not view you as a woman even with a sex change and so will not want to date you, this is not mean to be offensive in any way but just the way it is. Just because thy were attracted to you before knowing does not mean they should automatically be attracted to you after you tell them the situation. There is plenty of things that can end an attraction in a relationship so i would not stress about it too much and just carry on searching and you will find the right person.

But the point is that the only reason it *would* be such a big "thing" as beliefs or anything of the sort shows that it is because of the way people see it in the long run.

"some people will just not view you as a woman even with a sex change and so will not want to date you, this is not mean to be offensive in any way but just the way it is."

This is ENTIRELY to do with the person, and ENTIRELY to do with how someone views something, which in turn is very much to do with lack of education.

The fact that you're comparing it to things like height and weight is a particularily nonsensical notion in the long run, anyway. And those too are often to do with preconcieved notions, at least in the case of weight.

Rozie wrote:
    But the point is that the only reason it *would* be such a big "thing" as beliefs or anything of the sort shows that it is because of the way people see it in the long run.

What do you mean exactly by the way people see it in th long run ? it is not inherently wrong of people to not want to date a t-girl as it is not inherently wrong for someone to only go out with someone of their own religion etc. It is wrong if someone discriminates against a t-girl in a legal sense ie refusing them a job etc but who someone dates is purely down to individual tastes and you cannot tell someone that their tastes etc are wrong. If i have misread what you said then please forgive me and disregard my point.

Rozie wrote:
    This is ENTIRELY to do with the person, and ENTIRELY to do with how someone views something, which in turn is very much to do with lack of education.

I don't think its fair to associate a lack of education to not wanting to date a t-girl, this is a dsicriminatory opinion if you ask me, i could be as educated as yourself on t-girls and still reach my own personal opinion that i would not date a t-girl. some people will just not want to date a t-girl just as some people will not want to date any erson because of reason X. again it is unfair to say certain tastes are wrong imho.
    Rozie wrote:
    The fact that you're comparing it to things like height and weight is a particularily nonsensical notion in the long run, anyway. And those too are often to do with preconcieved notions, at least in the case of weight.

Why is it nonsensical ? i am assuming your point about weight is how modern society seems to view unrealistically thin woman as attractive and realistic women as being unattractive ? if this is the case then again i do not think it is fair to say some tastes are right or wrong as an individuals tastes in their potential partners is just an individual opinion that they are not forcing onto other people so i don't think you can say they are wrong. if someone only wants to go out with a stick thin woman then that is their choice, it is not hurting anyone unless you consider someone who is overweight liking this person and being hurt by that person not liking them back in return. t that would be unfair to demand people love you back in you love them etc.

If someone you like does not want to date you because you are a t-girl then i don't think you have a right to be angry at them and assume their opinion is from a lack of education etc. If that is so then what happens if someone is interested in you but you do not like them ? should you feel bad because you do not want to date them ? is it because you are not educated on whatever reason you do not want to date them ?

Just a little note, I have found in the past that many people do not like the quote post method i have done above as it seems like i am picking on points etc. i do not do this for any other reason than it helps my thought process and i hope it does not bother you or anyone else reading my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I’m curious on two fronts here, firstly why did you pick the G/L/B forum for this particular topic when you’ve as much as said that you’re not interested in a gay relationship but rather looking towards the straight community, surely humanities or the sex and sexuality forum would have been more suited. I can only feel that you felt you would get a more positive response from this grouping.
    And secondly and more importantly, you have on numerous times stated your believe that the straight community should be accepting of you and that anyone who isn’t is somehow an intolerant brute. Maybe you’d expand for me on this topic as to why, but going beyond it’s the right thing to do. People rarely do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing. I certainly havent seen anything todate which would alter my view of the subject in either direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,025 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So I met this boy, hit it off quite well with him too. Well, he's an EverCrack playing anime geek with an interest in history, primarily World War II. I'm a video game playing geek girl who spent half of high school in the library reading the WWII history books because I had no friends. We shared a similar sarcastic wit and had plenty in common.

So, I meet him, we spend over an hour in the comic book shoppe peeking threw the shelves and sorting threw anime posters. Then almost three hours at the mall in the food court just hanging out and talking about stuff.

And so comes the first date. Not only a first date, but my first date with a boy ever. We went to the new war museum and spent maybe five hours there and it was actually a lot of fun. After this date I sat down with him outside to speak to him, asking about how interested in me and if he'd like to go out with me agian, he gave a definate yes. This ment I had to tell him that I wasn't a conventional girl.

Well, the good news is he didn't hit me or react harshly. But his ultimate response was "Well, we can still hang out..." Which losely translates from boy-language to "Let's just be friends."

Now, I wasn't surprised by this respose, it's what I expected. It's not what I hoped for but it's what I expected him to say. I figured there was a slim chance for violence, a minor chance of him jumping up and screaming at me calling me a fag, and another not-so-hot chance of him going "Ashley, you're an awesome girl and I really don't care if you used to be a boy."

It's still depressing however, based on what I asked him before I told him, I'd actually have a boyfriend... If I hadn't been trans.

I do hold a certian respect for myself in this reguard though. I didn't lie and I didn't string him along for months, keeping my abnormality a secret (And it's not like I couldn't have pulled it off for 4-8 months without telling him). I wanted to be fair to him and let him know first hand.

Oh well...

Rozie this is one example..... you are assuming that every single transsexual is going to have the same experience - this is clearly not the case, you know lots of transsexuals who have had relationships, others know transsexuals who have been in relationships - you have a closed mindset that that tells you you will be alone forever - and you will be if you cannot tell yourself otherwise
    I don't see this as nonsensical - people have PERSONAL tastes and you cannot change every single persons tastes -

I do not mean the next few sentences to be patronising or insulting - they are intended to be constructive and positive

With all due respect we cannot give you what you are looking for in this thread - we cannot make society 1000% accepting of transsexuality - we can offer good positive advice - but you have to be able to listen to that - If you don't take on board the positive constructive suggestions we make then that is your problem - (not ours) - what you need to do is reflect on your own thought processes - you might think we are all transphobic - we're not, you might think you will end up alone - well you could try and find ways to make friends - hobbies, interests, groups, you might think we are all wrong - well you have the right to your thoughts and us ours - we could in some cases be wrong but we're not all wrong, you might think because some of us are "hostile" to you that we are hostile to all trans people - this is not the case - look at the way in which people react to PhantomBreaker

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

azezil wrote:
    there are some things individuals just can't accept, no matter how much you may care for the person there are just some things not even Love can conquer.... sad but true.

I suppose it depends on how we use words etc, but I believe, and it has been my experience, that in fact "love" can conquer all... though that may mean redefining relationhsips, or values, or stretching what you believe possible. To me its where love becomes more than affection or caring.

True it's often an enormous thing to expect of another; but we have capacities we often underestimate. In my experience, when presented with some news/truth/revelation that knocks me for six I try imagine I'm the one making the revelation, and seeing how much it alters me as a person:- does it still make me worthy of this person's love; if I think it does then I try maintaining the love (some times maybe even in the hope that some day I might need some one to take that extra leap)

:D ok, back on topic...

I suppose it depends on how we use words etc, but I believe, and it has been my experience, that in fact "love" can conquer all... though that may mean redefining relationhsips, or values, or stretching what you believe possible. To me its where love becomes more than affection or caring.
    I've been thinking about that a great deal lately, starting to have second thoughts about my decission :S

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Rozie, a lot of people have given you very good advice here but you seem to ignore it completely. Putting yourself through something as traumatic as a gender-change operation is not something you should be even considering without the help of a professional counsellor and frankly, any surgeon that would perform the procedure without solid recommendations from a qualified counsellor/psychologist/pyschiatrist would be guilty of criminal malpractice. There is no more shame in seeing a doctor to help with your mind than there is in seeing an optician to check your eyesight.

I'm a straight guy and could never be with a t-girl. I could never see a trans as a woman, no matter how convincing she (and I use the term she as a mark of respect rather than actually assigning the gender to that person) may be, I'd see a trans as a man with surgical modifications. I honestly feel you are deluding yourself if you believe that you'll be a "real girl" after the surgery. Real women can have children, nurse them and don't have a Y chromosome. You might think I'm being harsh, and judging from this thread you'll probably think I'm personally attacking you but ask yourself this: is it me being harsh or is it just harsh reality?

I hope everything works out for you and that you learn to accept yourself as what you are. I'm sure it's incredibly difficult, but from what I've seen in my 25 years it's definitely possible. It probably seems like fate/God/Buddah/life has dealt you an unfair hand and that's because it has. Ask any of the poker players on Boards though, and they'll tell you it's possible to win the pot with a lousy hand if you play the game right. And what is life if not a game?

• Advertisement

Coming back to this topic just because I found a nice human interest story I thought people would give a crap bout was a bad idea :/
    I’m curious on two fronts here, firstly why did you pick the G/L/B forum for this particular topic when you’ve as much as said that you’re not interested in a gay relationship but rather looking towards the straight community,

I am interested in a "gay" relationship, as in girl girl. I am also perhaps interested in a straight.

And it's MEANT to be GLBT. There's a T in there, and I'm appalled that so many people here want to leave us in the gutter to fend for ourselves. It might not be "attraction", but we have so much in common it's just plain cruel, selfish, and arrogant to drop us.

If you're going to get things wrong like that again, then please don't reply.
    we could in some cases be wrong but we're not all wrong, you might think because some of us are "hostile" to you that we are hostile to all trans people - this is not the case - look at the way in which people react to PhantomBreaker

Why is it then you've pretty much ignored everything she's said..?
    Sleepy wrote:
    gender-change operation

Sex change, btw. Going by the modern scientific-ish term, my "Gender" is already female, whether you agree with it or not, it's stated that way.
    I'm a straight guy and could never be with a t-girl. I could never see a trans as a woman, no matter how convincing she (and I use the term she as a mark of respect rather than actually assigning the gender to that person) may be, I'd see a trans as a man with surgical modifications.

Why though? My brain is wired in the same way that a female's is... and to a reasonable extent, my body, after HRT and SRS, would resemble that pretty much of a tall slightly bulky female.

Is there some magical other element to gender you've discovered? If there is, please share it with us.

Otherwise, it appears you're purposely disallowing yourself to view a transsexual in that manner, which bothers me a lot.
    I honestly feel you are deluding yourself if you believe that you'll be a "real girl" after the surgery.

I find that really insulting. In what way am I not a "Real girl" after surgery? Disagreeing is one think, thinking that I'm "Deluding" myself is a slightly more serious extension of disagreeing.
    Real women can have children, nurse them and don't have a Y chromosome. You might think I'm being harsh, and judging from this thread you'll probably think I'm personally attacking you but ask yourself this: is it me being harsh or is it just harsh reality?

So women who had to had their ovaries removed aren't real women? Women who can't have children are real women? Not only that, it is possible for a woman to be born with a Y Chromosome. And do you go around checking everyone's DNA with a microscope? No? So how does it matter, exactly?

And it is most certainly NOT "Harsh Reality", it is indeed your opinion that is "Harsh", if we're to call anything Harsh. Most modern research would agree with me far more than you. Why is it that nearly all or at least most people who actually know a lot about gender issues would indeed consider me female, especially post op? Something to think on.

Either it's proof that knowledge of how things really are would change your opinion, or that a lot of people are going "Ew trannies" again and staying away unless really interested.

Unless you have a solid reason for believing what you believe, I don't see how it's fair that your view could be considered anything near a "Reality".

Now, people think I'm harsh. But see, I think it's only fair I get to criticise the attitude of people towards me if they are free to express their views on what I am. I think both are fair if done in that manner. Otherwise, it becomes horribly one sided against me.

So do you have any reason for your beliefs or are you just scared to broaden your horizons?

And it's MEANT to be GLBT. There's a T in there, and I'm appalled that so many people here want to leave us in the gutter to fend for ourselves. It might not be "attraction", but we have so much in common it's just plain cruel, selfish, and arrogant to drop us.

If you're going to get things wrong like that again, then please don't reply.

I don’t believe I asked that particular question and as someone who isn’t gay or involved one bit with that scene it’s an honest mistake. Adopting an aggressive tone such as that also isn’t going to engender people to your cause.

You make numerous references to gender experts that support your point of view, perhaps you could provide links to the relevant material if it is available on the net (and what isnt these days).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Rozie wrote:
    Why though? My brain is wired in the same way that a female's is... and to a reasonable extent, my body, after HRT and SRS, would resemble that pretty much of a tall slightly bulky female.

Is there some magical other element to gender you've discovered? If there is, please share it with us.

Otherwise, it appears you're purposely disallowing yourself to view a transsexual in that manner, which bothers me a lot.
    Well, it might resemble a pretty misproportioned female body, but it wouldn't be one. Just like the fact that while a kit-car Porsche may resemble a Porsche, it will never be a Porsche.

Even were I to be attracted to a t-girl (and I don't rule out the possibility, in the same manner as I don't rule out the possibility of meeting a guy I'd be attracted to, merely consider it highly unlikely), I wouldn't pursue it as a t-girl could never offer me what I want out of life: to be a father and raise my child with his/her mother.
    I find that really insulting. In what way am I not a "Real girl" after surgery? Disagreeing is one think, thinking that I'm "Deluding" myself is a slightly more serious extension of disagreeing.
    How could you consider yourself to be a "real girl" because you've had parts of your male body surgically altered and taken drugs to remove some of your male attributes? By the logic you're trying to argue Dennis Smith is a cat because he's surgically altered his body to look like one:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/silly/story/0,10821,531386,00.html

You can be a trans-sexual and have a very happy life as one (and I honestly hope you do have a happy life) but I think it's important for you to realise that this is what you will be. Life isn't a Disney cartoon where a fairy-godmother can wave a magic wand and make you a "real girl". You need to accept this before even thinking about surgery.
    So women who had to had their ovaries removed aren't real women? Women who can't have children are real women? Not only that, it is possible for a woman to be born with a Y Chromosome. And do you go around checking everyone's DNA with a microscope? No? So how does it matter, exactly?
    So, if a woman has her ovaries removed she's still a woman but if a man has his penis removed he's no longer a man? It either works one way or the other. I'm of the belief that we are what we are and that we should learn to live with that.
    And it is most certainly NOT "Harsh Reality", it is indeed your opinion that is "Harsh", if we're to call anything Harsh. Most modern research would agree with me far more than you. Why is it that nearly all or at least most people who actually know a lot about gender issues would indeed consider me female, especially post op? Something to think on.
    Because the people who know a lot about gender issues are those with gender issues perhaps?
    Unless you have a solid reason for believing what you believe, I don't see how it's fair that your view could be considered anything near a "Reality".
    I consider biology to be a pretty solid foundation for beliefs.
    Now, people think I'm harsh. But see, I think it's only fair I get to criticise the attitude of people towards me if they are free to express their views on what I am. I think both are fair if done in that manner. Otherwise, it becomes horribly one sided against me.
    Of course it's fair for you to be allowed criticise someone else's beliefs. You should, however, consider them. I don't believe that anyone has posted in this thread out of a desire to anything other than help you. It would be a pretty sad person who would take the time to write a reply to this purely to hurt someone who's obviously already going through an awful lot. You do, however, come across as being whiny and ungrateful when you lash out at those that are taking the time to offer you advise and considered opinions. Life has dealt you a harsh lot, try not to assume that everyone else wants to make it worse for you.
    So do you have any reason for your beliefs or are you just scared to broaden your horizons?
    My horizons are pretty broad thanks. Just like you know you want to be a woman, I know I want to share my life with one. Unfortunately for you, my ambitions are somewhat more attainable than yours (though I know a few ex-girlfriends who'd disagree with that! :p).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 massimo

Im a straight guy but to be honest I wudnt mind being with a transexual!! It wud be a change just to see what it would be like! Id say it would be real sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

There you go Rozie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,025 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Coming back to this topic just because I found a nice human interest story I thought people would give a crap bout was a bad idea :/

I merely pointed out that because you found a human interest story that that story does not always reflect reality

again you jump to conclusions - you are confusing attraction with some desire to leave T people in the gutter -

In the last few years I have not seen this - I have seen student societies that were previously hostile to including T changing this e.g. TCD, UCC - I have seen LGB people willingly provide support to groups like Trans Support Ireland - in fact I don't see people dropping the T - I see people including it - why is it that you and I have different perceptions?
    Why is it then you've pretty much ignored everything she's said..?

what phantom breaker said was not ignored?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

9 pages later and we are still going round in circles. Some fantastic advice here which goes ignored again and again. Futility thy name is <insert thread title here>.

When I sit back think about it I cannt see any reason why the T should be added. Surely the common thread in GLB is the same sex relationship? Inclulding the T makes no sense.
    So I still stand by my previous point, that unless you are looking for a same sex relationship that this is the wrong forum, and up until the previous post the implied orientation was assuming you are counted as female post-op female-male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tranzz

Haven't posted for a while but here goes, Rosie chicken I don't know how far along you are in your transition but dating isn't the be all and end all especially if you're trans. As you are now, anybody who is willing to date you are 95% of the time most likely to be with you for the physical attributes that you now posess and after transition those physical attributes won't be there anymore and the attraction will eventually stop. Then think how it'll feel 5 years down the line after investing all that time in a relationship and it falls apart. Right now you should be more worried about how you're coping with being trans than adding another person to the mix.

How hard are you actually trying? because to be honest I've never had problems finding men or women as a boy or girl even after people know, (But then again I am a stunner :D ) if anything it's made people more Mmm...eager (for lack of a better word) I personally think dublin is very TG friendly at the moment and you're not going to find anyone staying here moaning on the boards, you have internet access so go find a TG group local to you and socalise, make new friends you might even pull (no pun intended
    :p ) someone. It's great being TG if instead of moaning about the journey you just enjoy the trip

By the way lots of people find it hard to accept TG-ism, its human nature think of how hard it is for you to deal with it and you're seeing it from the inside so it's by no means easy for someone to accept when seeing it from a detached perspective. so go a little easier on them chicken ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

massimo wrote:
    Im a straight guy but to be honest I wudnt mind being with a transexual!! It wud be a change just to see what it would be like! Id say it would be real sexy!

Rozie's ready, willing and high in fibre.

Boards.ie has just made its first match that's good for digestion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement