Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for Sex

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

rsynnott wrote:
    Goodness, more people than I thought are really, really pathetic. And supporting an often exploititive industry. Yay.

Well boards is full of overweight nerds :cool:

I'd never do it, firstly because I'd have too much respect, pity and sympathy for the hooker (it's kinda like kicking the crap out of a bum) and secondly because sex isn't as important as everyone makes it out to be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

I wouldnt do it. The romantic in me would never let me!!
    I can understand why people would. Some one in an earlier post said something like only sad pathetic losers would, which i totally disagree with. In todays society, If someone isnt good looking etc, It can be impossible for them to get a girlfriend or even a "sex partner" cause a lot of people these days are shallow W*nkers who wont look past imperfectioins.
    Dont mean to offend anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

grasshopa wrote:
    Well boards is full of overweight nerds :cool:

I'm a nerd, albeit a low-end-of-normal-weight nerd. I would never consider paying for sex. I'm pathetic enough already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

i think you shud print all the replies and seld to your friends may be he realize that he has done tome thing wrong

Thats a mighty high horse your on their, be carefull you don't fall off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Kernel wrote:
    If you have ever talked to a random prostitute (or social worker who deals with prostitutes) you will see that I have 'dreamed' nothing up

As an ex-social worker, I can safely say that that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Stop spouting rubbish on a topic you don't have a clue about. Self-perpetuating ignoramus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Kernel wrote:
    You, my friend, are on a different plane of existence to most people.

Thank you. :D

But you are still confusing "prostitution" with the illegal sex industry.

Taking away a basic right under an assumption of a thing leading to exploitation or immorality does not make sense. A right is a right - you draw the line when it becomes immoral, not before that. Beside that point, the problems with the sex industry are because it's illegal, not vice versa. And like it or not, it's illegal for the most self-righteous and illogical reasons possible, not to protect people from exploitation. Do you honestly think they were thinking about social studies when they first illegalised prostitution in Ireland and the UK?

Drug addiction is a problem - prostitution is just one of the few things that drug addicts can do to make the large volume of money needed to buy drugs. If they were all becoming car salespeople would we illegalise that? Shunning people for their occupational habits only contributes to the social issues that have caused drug addiction to arise in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

tbh running the risk of catching some fatal disease/herpees/hepatitis etc just for a quick roide just isnt worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

rsynnott wrote:
    I'm a nerd, albeit a low-end-of-normal-weight nerd. I would never consider paying for sex. I'm pathetic enough already.

Well some nerds have strong morals :P Hey I'm an overweight nerd and would never consider it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

its wrong to let urself b abused like that by giving sex..sex without love is just sex.

A friends of mine is a really nice person but when people ridicule them a lot they tend to just have sex with ne1 to make themselves feel better. Its people attitudes that cause problems for how people carry on sometimes. people can be cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

kstanl wrote:
    As an ex-social worker, I can safely say that that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Stop spouting rubbish on a topic you don't have a clue about. Self-perpetuating ignoramus.

What are you on about, I am a social worker. Just because your mother works in the industry doesn't mean it's the right industry. Now unless you can reply with a proper argument instead of using the usual pig ignorant nonsense of calling people 'ignoramus'' etc. , don't bother spouting your juvenile vitriole and personal abuse.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

Whats all the fuss about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roguetrader2

If I got good value for money, I would pay.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

what a first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

ColHol wrote:
    what a first post!
    It was meant to be memorable.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think that if you want to be fair about it, prostitution is wrong. I wouldnt pay a girl for sex. I wouldnt have any qualms about sleeping with a girl I didnt know and then getting up and leaving in the morning, but paying for the services makes it seem a little illegal. I do know friends of mine who have actually paid girls the next morning, not for the sex, but rather the girl would say she needs 20 or 30 Euro until she gets paid and the guy would give her a 'loan' knowing full well he'd never get it back.

On the other hand, if you meet a girl in a bar, pay for her drinks, spend money taking her home and then purposely purchase condoms or have them or whatever, maybe buy a bottle of wine from a 24/7 on the way home, and then go into her house and expect to have sex with her, havent you essentially 'bribed' her into it? I mean, doesnt the girl feel a little pressured into giving you sex because you've spent money on her all night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

No I wouldnt give a sh*t how much he spent on me , my mind would already be made up at that stage , just because he chose to buy me drinks all night and paid for my taxi doesnt mean I feel obliged to sleep with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Just hit up the internet for a quick tug instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Kernel wrote:
    Now unless you can reply with a proper argument instead of using the usual pig ignorant nonsense of calling people 'ignoramus'' etc. , don't bother spouting your juvenile vitriole and personal abuse.

Excuse me, but that would seem to be the basis for your attempt at argument moreso than anyone else here. You don't seem to read what other people write, let alone try and understand their point of view. Calling you ignorant would appear to be an observation made on strong evidence, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    No I wouldnt give a sh*t how much he spent on me , my mind would already be made up at that stage , just because he chose to buy me drinks all night and paid for my taxi doesnt mean I feel obliged to sleep with him.

Not even for... One million Dollars?

*Puts pinky finger up to lip*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭GOAT_BOY

Ha, what a bunch of repressed hypocritical women... kittenkiller, Oldyellar, I’m looking in your direction here.

If you were single, and brad pitt or ''insert lover of your choice name'' were to walk into your bedroom greased up and ready for a bit of bump and grind, handed you a cheaque for €1,000,000 with a stipulation that he gives you the most intense orgasms you have ever experienced in your life, or will ever experience in your life... you'd be sitting on his face before you could even say shishkebab.

If you say this isn't true then you're a liar tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

They might be lebsians. Or have some sort of vague decency about them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

GOAT_BOY wrote:

It could also mean you don't know very much about people.

Sarky wrote:
    It could also mean you don't know very much about people.
    i know everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 neadla

SyxPak wrote:
    RSI is a real dampener on my sexlife.
    I know I wouldn't pay for sex. You need to get to know the person first and see what ticks him or her. Sex is great, but with someone you just meet on the side of the street dressed like a real slapper, I don't think so. It's seems to be all the females who are offering themselves to me for money and sex. Sex is their job, but, since they are the professionals at sex, I could well understand why an old sick-of-his-frigid-wife man could succumb to the temptation. Sex is the greatest joy you can get out of life and if those woman earn good money for such a menial task, then fair play, but I wouldn't join them. Sex for me, is something intimate you share with your love or boyfriend, not some stranger on the streets snorting cocaine before they hop into the car or in some cases taxis.
    At the end of the day though, everyone is free to make their own choices, so I wouldn't prevent a friend of mine from seeing a hooker.

Ciao :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

GOAT_BOY wrote:
    Ha, what a bunch of repressed hypocritical women... kittenkiller, Oldyellar, I’m looking in your direction here.

If you were single, and brad pitt or ''insert lover of your choice name'' were to walk into your bedroom greased up and ready for a bit of bump and grind, handed you a cheaque for €1,000,000 with a stipulation that he gives you the most intense orgasms you have ever experienced in your life, or will ever experience in your life... you'd be sitting on his face before you could even say shishkebab.

Tbh,if Johnny Depp came into my room and wanted to **** me then he wouldn't need to hand me any cheque! HE'S A GOD AMONG MEN!

However,if Mr. Joe Soap wants a ride then he'd have to make an effort. Handing me money would be an insult and an attempt at an easy way out.

GOAT_BOY wrote:

what are you calling me a hoooker or something?Personally Brad Pitt does not do it for me! And just because a guy gives me money does not mean he has the right to get into my knickers , And for your information if any man offered me money to sleep with him Id loose all respect for him and theres no way in hell Id put out!! By the way Goat Boy do not make insinuations that I give sex in exchange for money in any further threads ok!

Also Goat boy you`ve never met me and dont know what makes me tick and whatI am saying is true and no I am not a liar , so ya can put your cheque book away :rolleyes:

Sarky wrote:
    Not even for... One million Dollars?

*Puts pinky finger up to lip*
    If I fancy a guy and hes normal then he wont expect that he has to pay me for sex .
    Most women are not hookers and would be insulted at the thought of a man offering her money in exchange for sex.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    what are you calling me a hoooker or something?Personally Brad Pitt does not do it for me! And just because a guy gives me money does not mean he has the right to get into my knickers , And for your information if any man offered me money to sleep with him Id loose all respect for him and theres no way in hell Id put out!! By the way Goat Boy do not make insinuations that I give sex in exchange for money in any further threads ok!

Also Goat boy you`ve never met me and dont know what makes me tick and whatI am saying is true and no I am not a liar , so ya can put your cheque book away :rolleyes:

ha ha, ya big liarer.. don't deny it, we both know it's true.
    *oh no the insinuations are flying oohhh*

liarer eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nothing wrong with paying for sex imo once you're not supporting criminal activity by doing so and once the person you pay is engaging in these acts of their own free will. Hard to be sure of this irl, though, and tbh I manage quite well without offering cash!

Advertisement