Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for Sex

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Never the less, you're making a moral judgement on people that might choose to employ a prostitute.

Do you consider yourself a tolerant or liberal person?
    Why can't ya be tolerant and liberal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LadyJ wrote:
    I can't really see myself paying a person to sleep with me(seems just a tad too pathetic)......
    ah go on! :)

/aside.. the papers would love it!

Sparky_S wrote:
    ive a spare 50 do ya wanna have a good time:)
    I'd like to think that,if I were a hooker,I'd be worth tripple figures!

ah go on! :)

/aside.. the papers would love it!
    Yes I think if I ever get married I won't have bridesmaids,I'll just rent some hookers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

LadyJ wrote:

no ill be nice your worth 5

heres 10,000

now show me some good lovin:D

• Advertisement

Sparky_S wrote:
    no ill be nice your worth 5

heres 10,000

now show me some good lovin:D
    I think somebody should subscribe to the sex board

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LadyJ wrote:
    Yes I think if I ever get married I won't have bridesmaids,I'll just rent some hookers!
    you're banned remember!!! ;)

btw i call being one of those best man type dealies if you do that! :)

you're banned remember!!! ;)

btw i call being one of those best man type dealies if you do that! :)
    Sure,I mean the hookers will be on me!....So to speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I am both tolerant *and* liberal to an extent.
    People cast moral judgements every day, otherwise the world would be a mess.
    I would look down upon & ridicule anyone i knew that had visited a prostitute.
    It's sad to think that there are people out there that would prefer to pay someone for sex rather than taking their chances in a bar in town any evening of the week.
    It's really really sad!
    And i would hate to think of anyone i know stooping that low.

Go out, find a desperate woman, buy her a few drinks, buy a condom, do what you want & leave in the morning before she wakes up!
    But paying a whore is just prehistoric & pathetic!

Go out, find a desperate woman, buy her a few drinks, buy a condom, do what you want & leave in the morning before she wakes up!
    If you're going to treat a woman like a cheap whore then that's just as bad morally. Why not just buy a cheap whore?

• Advertisement

LadyJ wrote:
    I think somebody should subscribe to the sex board

im already on it

dont forget i can put a spark into our sex life, yeah

LadyJ wrote:
    Sure,I mean the hookers will be on me!....So to speak!
    well ok it's your wedding...the more the merrier my dear :).../hopes you are marrying a hot girl ;)

/hopes you are marrying a hot girl ;)
    You and me both!

LadyJ wrote:
    If you're going to treat a woman like a cheap whore then that's just as bad morally. Why not just buy a cheap whore?
    yes its actually preferable not to do that to a woman you know....if you are going to act like yer wan :) said then hooker ahoy :)

LadyJ wrote:
    Because it's sad & pathetic.
    At least you're gettin some because of your own merits!
    If the girl is particularly interested she'll nab you before you leave the room, or she could just be pretending to sleep until the guy leaves!
    Paying a prostitute is like something form the dark ages.
    Yes it is the oldest profession around, but plenty more professions are out-dated too, but they've been let die out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

I find that far more morally reprehensible. Morality is about how you treat other people. Misleading someone is immoral no matter how you look at it. If two people have a fully understood arrangement, there's nothing wrong with it. How could it be worse than trying to deceive someone to get sex?

Justify your claim that prostitution is "low" or "pathetic". I think your opinion is a result of conditioning, not reasoning. I could as easily claim that your obvious need for sexual and emotional acceptance from other people is a pathetic weakness.

At least you're gettin some because of your own merits!
    If the girl is particularly interested she'll nab you before you leave the room, or she could just be pretending to sleep until the guy leaves!
    Paying a prostitute is like something form the dark ages.
    Yes it is the oldest profession around, but plenty more professions are out-dated too, but they've been let die out.

you and me.....bedroom NOW.

dont worry ill sneak out

LadyJ wrote:
    You and me both!
    huzzaaa! me likes you bi-ness...to a high degree...i suggest you find a good woman and and even bettera camera! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

LadyJ wrote:

...don't all women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

My, this thread degenerated into raucous and uncalled for innuendo pretty darn rapidly eh?

Carry on...

• Advertisement

Only if you're doing it because you can't get any anywhere else,and even that's understandable enough!

Some people just do it for fun though.

But I mean sex is a physical need and if you can't eat in hospitals they put you on a drip right?

SebtheBum wrote:
    My, this thread degenerated into raucous and uncalled for innuendo pretty darn rapidly eh?

Carry on...

join in sure you'll have a unforgetable time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ya know I would Sparky, but I just don't have the time.
    I'm goin aways for a while, I'm gonna miss u guys *sniffle*

Oh... And paying for sex... Yeah I'll miss that too ;)

Has it not occured to you that the fact that it's a thriving industry despite efforts to force it away might suggest that you're completely wrong in your claim about it being out-dated?

I can't believe I'm defending prostitution here. :rolleyes:

But you're wrong anyway. If people stopped morally judging other people, a great deal of the present problems in the world would disappear. Morality in a society works fine without being imposed on people. It's in our nature to judge ourselves.

i use condoms so you all will be ok

Eoin, would you not morally judge a murderer, molester, joy-rider, pusher, the dodgy bloke the lurks near the bathrooms in the playground...?
    If it weren't for moral judgement the world'd be in utter ruin!
    i wonder how the poll results would change if it were a public poll where everyone could see how you voted?

i wonder how the poll results would change if it were a public poll where everyone could see how you voted?
    I don't know that they would. I mean why should people feel ashamed of it?

LadyJ wrote:
    I don't know that they would. I mean why should people feel ashamed of it?
    Er...... Cuz it's something sad, repressed, lonely, can't-get-it-any-other-way, pathetic losers do!
    How many times do i have to answer all these questions with the words 'sad' & 'pathetic'?

Eoin, would you not morally judge a murderer, molester, joy-rider, pusher, the dodgy bloke the lurks near the bathrooms in the playground...?
    If it weren't for moral judgement the world'd be in utter ruin!

Okay, you're completely missing my point. Something is only immoral if it affects another unwilling party. When someone's basic rights are violated it is a black and white issue, there is no moral judgement required. What someone choses to do with their own body or mind cannot be immoral, and similarly neither can be something which is done with consent and complete mutual understanding between people. Imposing your personal standards of right and wrong on another person or people (ie casting a moral judgement) is in itself immoral.

The world is in utter ruin and a large part of it is because of moral judgements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ouch...got a nasty bite there kittenkiller...

Advertisement