Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in dublin (Vote)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ive been in dublin only 3 weeks.. and ive been to one club 21... it was a saturday night.. susprised it wasent packed still a bit to move around so that was grand.. drink is a bit dear but you got to live with that.. had a class night.. it was a young crowd but the only problum was i was chatted up by two lads who were very gay... arm around me and all... new thing for me a country lad :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

pod! best club ever ever in the world...

as for the rest of dublin *bleugh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Shards

Which clubs in town have the best male talent??? (that are not pretentious ****, have to be a good laugh) I'm more of a pub girl, tend to frequent dorans, international bar, turks head but am looking for the best place to go clubbin? went to redz and the talent was piss poor, I'm talking manimals here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You'll find plnty of fellas in the George.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The Vaults is the worst club in Dublin. We were there the bar staff were rude as hell! They'd just avoid serving people so you'd be waiting for ages for a drink then when you'd get one to acknowledge you they'd over charge you and be incredibly rude. We got charged for 3 pints when we ordered 2. No apology, just a grunt really. After that we wouldn't get served in that part. Bouncers let ANYONE in. The place was full of tracksuits, people throwing glasses on the floor on purpose and just general aggro. The bouncers didn't care. NEVER going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Anyone know where's good on a Thursday? I know Spirit supposedly do a good student night, anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

Shards wrote:
    Which clubs in town have the best male talent??? (that are not pretentious ****, have to be a good laugh) I'm more of a pub girl, tend to frequent dorans, international bar, turks head but am looking for the best place to go clubbin? went to redz and the talent was piss poor, I'm talking manimals here.

Haha yea i went there it was vile! Pod has great guys, part of the reason i like it there so much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

Best club was Club Annabels Mid - later 90s.

strict dress code to get in. no Football shirts.

Music of best techno, rave, house variety. decor fab. chandelliers over the dance floor then and all push.

Very exclusive VIP bar...and I had a Gold card hee hee.

Women out of this world!

Then they F'ed it all up by revamping in late 90s and was never the same again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Isoldes Tower.

It's a big place, 2 floors. You'll usually get a seat upstairs if that takes your fancy. It's got a mixed crowd, has all the popular booze on draught (and none of this cashels when you ask for bulmers boll*cks either), the music is good, it's not pretentious in any way, and it serves till 4am at the weekends.. 3am midweek.

Oh, and it's free in :D

K.

Location???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Citi Bar, 2 euro drinks on a thursday allnight long. sadly i wasn't there tonight but last week was crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xx_starlight

What's the craic with doyles?
    Thinking of heading there saturday?
    What's the music, crowd etc?
    Young crowd? What's it like for underaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

What's the craic with doyles?
    Thinking of heading there saturday?
    What's the music, crowd etc?
    Young crowd? What's it like for underaged?

If its doyles off the north circular rd its a dump, crowd is carba which is always good for a few scaps, bouncers are nobs (usuall non-national).
    Don't forget to drop into abrakbara(can't spell it but you know where im on about) at 2.30 its great for the fights as well.

Its doyles beside trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Doyles beside Trinity is good for a pint early in the night (say before nine) or on a quiet afternoon. Late bar nights it's pretty horrible. Plus it smells like a toilet.

Music is the worst end of indie/pop that the students think is great (although I'll admit they do throw in the odd classic). So expect lots of Snow Patrol, The Frames, Razorlight, The Kooks etc.

Bleurgh.

The crowd is 18 - 30 normally with a lot of wannabe indie kids who haven't figured out that they're not actually cool yet and still think Coldplay are pretty damn good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the westin on a fri or sat, absolutely brilliant, its a latin salsa night there, it closes at one but its free in, amazing music, been going there a few weeks now, the people there just grab ya and teach ya how to salsa dance....in general a very sexy crowd, gotta get in early tho, it fills quickly and attire its very formal, no runners or no in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

havent been to Bondi or Club 92.
    the rest suck.
    i'm a turkshead or doyles kind of a person.

AnonoBoy wrote:

The crowd is 18 - 30 normally with a lot of wannabe indie kids who haven't figured out that they're not actually cool yet and still think Coldplay are pretty damn good.

Ah the wannabee indie kids, what an annoyance, I'm only 18 but I don't clain to be indie, and I'm not a wannabee, they annoy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

what about the Krystal?
    is it good?
    is there anything good in town tonight?

chheeeerz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Best Club ? There isnt any decent clubs in Dublin, they just cant seem to get it right in this town. Some good pubs though.

Blackpitts wrote:
    what about the Krystal?
    is it good?
    is there anything good in town tonight?

chheeeerz

its ok, your pretty standard no knack policy club

• Advertisement
Advertisement