Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in dublin (Vote)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Bondi is brilliant. Well, there are alot of dickwads there, and every Friday night there's a different private school rivalry going on.

From what I've heard Club 92 is like Bondi for grown ups. Bondi is usually for the younger clientele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

akindoc wrote:
    I'd really like to know what Bondi and Club 92 are like.

I'd like to be able to tell you what its like but the bouncers had to pick me up off the floor there a few weeks ago so i don't remember much of the night. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Well im a girl so im thinking if i wear a really short skirt ill have a good chance..............??Know anywhere dat has particularly easy going bouncers anyone?

turks head is always a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blondy

For all you people asking about club 92 and bondi i have been to both and would highly recommend club 92. i have always had a good night there and the girls and guys are mostly good looking people who are easy to talk to. i have never seen any fights are had any trouble there, my ideal night would be a few drinks in fillies bar and then stroll down to club 92 at 11pm, i would not however recommend bondi. its full of very young and usually very drunk people. it also attracts alot of scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Where is Club92?

Anyway would have said Sosume before it turned in to Dragon and went ****e. I suppose A.K.A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

*tries to pull trigger on shotgun manically* AHHHHHHH How did i end up on this thread *shudders* :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Lynibeth wrote:
    *tries to pull trigger on shotgun manically* AHHHHHHH How did i end up on this thread *shudders* :cool:

Why?? Not in to nightclubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

obviously not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

skywalker wrote:
    Surprised to hear that, and have to disargree. On the few occasions Ive been there they've been nice as pie, nice enough so Ive actually noticed it. And on one occasion I was outside looking after a friend who was puking just in front of the gates. The bouncer came down to us (I presumed he was gonna move us on) with a cup of water. Cant say fairer than that.

The girls in there really are of the easy variety tbh.

I must agree with the people you are disagreeing with.
    Was once in a situation like yours, though it turned out completley different.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I 'm a regular 92 goer and was for Bondi til it got over run with knacks, I remember it was the same crowds in both places, now i have to put my bloody money in my socks its so dodge,, 92 is going downhill since so many are going to the states on J1's, will be interesting to see what happens there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Maynooth wrote:
    Where is Club92?

Leopardstown Racecourse.
    Funkstard wrote:
    From what I've heard Club 92 is like Bondi for grown ups. Bondi is usually for the younger clientele.

Basically yeah, Bondi is an imitation of 92 for younger people or for those people who can't get into 92. Anyway I've heard Bondi is quite crap. Never bothered going myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Iodine87

weedhead wrote:
    Nobody mention Reds yet, its pretty good there although a bit pricy but women are good

REDZ sucks! My friends from outside the city go there everytime we are in town, coz its the only place they know. I am so sick of it. There are always old guys hanging out around the dance floor. Its full of perv's and there is barely any talent to make up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Club Chonradh na Gaeilge, an club is fearr, yheow.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

Hmmm, well I've never been to Bondi, but I did frequent it when it was still Blakes. Not that impressed really. Seemed to be full of posers and/or scummers.

Tram Co is pretty good on a Friday night. Gets pretty full and the music is your typical Irish nightclub. Good layout of the club too so you have a decent view of everybody. Helpful to spotting talent ;). Although, the last time I was there...there was a bit of a fight. But that just seemed to be happening all over town that weekend.

Zanzibar is good for a laugh at the weekend too. You get a slightly older crowd there sometimes, and a lot of tourists and stag/hen parties over from the UK.

Bad Bob's in Temple Bar...you're prolly guessing my usual haunts by now, aren't ya?

Anyone ever go to the Playhouse, in the Plaza Hotel in Tallaght? Ok place...best of a bad lot really. But it's decent enough on a Sunday night, €2.50 a drink and you don't get the younger crowd that would be in of a Friday or Saturday night. And I can walk home =D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bluestargirl

im going to bar code tonight and never been. any tips on wat people usually wear? im not really a shoe person any chance of getting in wit runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

any chance of getting in wit runners?

If you're a girl.. yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

i cant understand how people find bondi/92/anabels even remotely enjoyable, full of people so full of themselves you cannot even talk to them without punching them... drunken rich kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i cant understand how people find bondi/92/anabels even remotely enjoyable, full of people so full of themselves you cannot even talk to them without punching them... drunken rich kids.

well clearly judging from your name,you're partial to the odd drink yourself. i would say 92 is the best myself. its a good place, and closer to home than town too. no nackers either which is a good bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eefs wrote:
    Bad Bob's in Temple Bar...you're prolly guessing my usual haunts by now, aren't ya?

Only been once... and never again!!
    Most fecked up place ever.
    So many lads there were just looking for a fight... a lot of "hard" English / tourists there too... and others trying to move in on my girlfriend when I was having a chat with her.
    Saw people stumble down the stairs drunk...
    Saw some other guy go to the bar.. order 5 shots.. and down them there and then. He didnt appear to be with any mates... :confused:
    The vibe was just bad. Needless to say, we didnt see long... we saw enough!

Ri Ra is great and The Village is my hotspot at the moment.
    Whelans aint bad too. I guess that shows my music taste
    Great music and great people (and great location too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

nah dont like whelans. its always too crowded, plus people are really pushy there.

• Advertisement

Can anybody tell me about the clubs on Harcourt st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sue*

Can anybody tell me about the clubs on Harcourt st?

D2 is the best club on harcourt street, good crowd and there is a beer garden out the back... mixed ages, but not too young.

There is also the odean around the corner, its ok, bit posery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

Auld IRA Club in Blessington Dublin 7. Booze,Craic & Women :p

What's an odeon?

Also, I'm only 19 so what's your definition of too young?

What about the Ivy and Copperface Jacks?

What's an odeon?

Also, I'm only 19 so what's your definition of too young?

What about the Ivy and Copperface Jacks?

The odean is a bar/club just at the harcourt street luas stop. D2 would have your age group in it, but it would also have an older... mid twenties etc and upwards... it s just very varied, but a great laugh.
    Have nt been to copper's in a while, but if it s the same as then, then i would nt bother and never been to the ivy.. did it use to be called something else ?

Oh yeah, now I remember the Odeon.
    That place is far too upper class for me.

Oh yeah, now I remember the Odeon.
    That place is far too upper class for me.

lol, upper class no... wannabeys yes !!... anywho you should check out d2.. its free before 11 most night... its a good one.

Hairy fluff.

It looks pricey and strict on dress code.

Hairy fluff.

It looks pricey and strict on dress code.

its no more expensive than anywhere else... plus dress code is normal as most places, no runners... thats all

• Advertisement

Grand.

Thanks.

Advertisement