Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in dublin (Vote)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Everyone will have a different opinion on whats "good"

Personally, if i walked into a club and it was blaring hardhouse dance, i'd leave straight away and ask for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

rb_ie wrote:
    Everyone will have a different opinion on whats "good"

Personally, if i walked into a club and it was blaring hardhouse dance, i'd leave straight away and ask for a refund.

What's "good" is anything that isn't blearing. We all know that lads only go out to pull a bird. It is essential that the music is not too loud in the club for me to do my work which is why the likes of Spirit is a no go. I'm not sure if 92 or bondi are similar in this regard? Music is not important, what is important is that it is not blearing. Barcode is great for pulling because it's so big and there are areas that are quiet enough. Virtually any club is good to pull at these days due to the smoking ban. A big smoking area is a plus.

akindoc wrote:
    Virtually any club is good to pull at these days due to the smoking ban. A big smoking area is a plus.

Yeah totally!Its the one highlight of the ban.

Most clubs do have the music blaring, haven't been in Bondi in a while but last time I was there it was fine, but there have been nights there that it's been deafening.

rb_ie wrote:
    Yeah totally!Its the one highlight of the ban.

Most clubs do have the music blaring, haven't been in Bondi in a while but last time I was there it was fine, but there have been nights there that it's been deafening.

That sucks because I heard the talent in bondi is top class. I don't want to be like all the other losers trying to pull birds on the dancefloor like amatuers. However I will try both bondi and club 92 and report back with analysis soon

92 is quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

hussey wrote:
    Barcode is full with mutton dressed as lamb .. all the girls look the same (pearls followed by a grayhound skirt) - Most have accents that would strip paint
    but very nice to look at

For some reason their is a huge number of guys wear :
    Tight t-shirts (Usually Pink or white) white a sparkly earring, and spiky bleached hair, blue faded jeans
    or Shirts from ben sherman

But saying that - it's fairly cheap and cheerful

You just described the every day appearance, of a guy I was in school with, from head-to-toe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Girl21

by the way...are there any clubs in Dublin where Black Music, hh, r&b is played??? would be nice:)

Alot of clubs will play r'n'b and hip hop, thursday night is usually good for r'n'b nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Anyone been to the new club on Stephens Green called Dandalion. Just opened there about two weeks ago. Was there the second night it opened thought it was really classy. Bouncers where really friendly, bar staff were friendly and i must say very hot!!!, place is big enough to go for a wander and the music isnt too loud.
    ANyone had any experience of the place, haven't been back since just wondering are they still as nice and welcoming as they where on there secnd night open or was it an attempt to boost there popularity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It sounds pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm just home from Bondi, and the place is getting worse for skobies by the week. Its still full of yobbos, but tonight there was a group of scum in the carpark and a fair few inside and out. I saw one little pikie, there was no way he was more than 12 complete with a newspaper print moustache getting thrown out.

Anyone else hear that Bondi is moving to Dundrum? I know its closing soon, and tonight I heard it was reopening in Dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

davkav wrote:
    Anyone been to the new club on Stephens Green called Dandalion.

Isnt that a gay bar? We were walking aimlessly around town the other night and we got a new best mate (called shane) who was a gay as can be and insisted we go there. Unfortunately we lost shane along the way, so never made it.

Best club in Dublin? ha! There is no such thing.

Barcode about 2 years ago was fantastic. Classy crowd, talent and every girl in such a kissy mood. Love drinking in Whelans or Doyles now. Nice crowd, but can get jammed.

Clubs are over-rated. Some of the less well known late bars have a good crowd too.

Funkstard wrote:
    I'm just home from Bondi, and the place is getting worse for skobies by the week. Its still full of yobbos, but tonight there was a group of scum in the carpark and a fair few inside and out. I saw one little pikie, there was no way he was more than 12 complete with a newspaper print moustache getting thrown out.

Anyone else hear that Bondi is moving to Dundrum? I know its closing soon, and tonight I heard it was reopening in Dundrum

Its been getting worse since september 2004.
    The Bondi in stillorgan isnt due to close any time soon, last i heard(from a staff member) they bought Coyote Lounge and will redevelop it. There's plenty of rumours going around about Bondi, tbh i wouldn't care if it was bulldozed tomorrow,however, at least if its there, itll attract some of the scum away from other clubs.The doormen have become far too relaxed there, they're literally allowing anyone in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sue*

davkav wrote:
    Anyone been to the new club on Stephens Green called Dandalion. Just opened there about two weeks ago. Was there the second night it opened thought it was really classy. Bouncers where really friendly, bar staff were friendly and i must say very hot!!!, place is big enough to go for a wander and the music isnt too loud.
    ANyone had any experience of the place, haven't been back since just wondering are they still as nice and welcoming as they where on there secnd night open or was it an attempt to boost there popularity

I thought Dandaline was a restaurant...when did it open as a club ???? whats the club like, costs, crowd etc ??

Sue* wrote:
    I thought Dandaline was a restaurant...when did it open as a club ???? whats the club like, costs, crowd etc ??

I heard a bit about dandelion last night. Aparently it's a very good club. Has anybody got any more information about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Redevelopling Coyote? Really?......

Hmmmm....

I agree with you, 4th years in my school are all getting in easily. I cannot believe how the little skobe I saw got in, he was so small and skinny. I can't fathom how bouncers didn't laugh in his face. He must have been inside for 2 seconds before another bouncer saw him and threw him out

This is just what i heard from a staff member of bondi:

they bought coyote, will be refurnishing it inside and out and apparently it may be 21.Also,apparently, theyre hand picking the security so it'll be the strictest,most effective door crew in Dublin(to stop all the knackers around town getting in).
    thats what i heard anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

are't bouncers hand picked anyway? I thought Bondi was owned by building developers, they wanna put apartments up in its place but cant get planning permission so they're milking the club til its sorted?

No bouncers are contracted through security companies such as Curragh security(they do alot of clubs).Well at least the majority are.

From what Ive been told, Bondi is owned by more or less a consortium of club owners, like a few of bondis owners have shares in other clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭gary_s

Every1 says good music.. That doesnt tell us anything.. I think hardhouse dance music is great an cant stand that pop stuff, so can u be a bit more specific?

Yeah, there are many different clubs playing different types of music attracting people of different ages, backgrounds, etc. It's horses for courses.

Don't just say the music is good without saying what sort of music you like, or that the crowd is too young/old without saying what age you are. Otherwise such statements are pretty meaningless...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smarties

if you go to the planning office not that thats something you would do in your spare time I'm pretty sure you will find that there is total redevelopment for apartments at blakes corner (the site where bondi is), maybe that totally fell through but that was the plan. There is due to be a new nightclub opening in dundrum at the new dundrum town centre, and i heard rumors off many people that bondi were considering taking up the premises. I could be wrong, but it would make most sense that nearly all of these clubs are renting their premises and i doubt bondi actually bought coyote but their could be a changeover of the lease. Bondi would be **** in town, its such a suburban nightclub. Although its not great anymore anyway, its gotton so rough, last friday there was a outbreak of about 20 guys kicking the crap out of each other beside the dance floor near the exit, and i was like **** get out of the way but i wasn't quick enough and some drunken fool ended up missing the guy he was aiming for and puched me in the chest, it was fairly sore and i was pretty winded and this fool didnt even notice and kept throwing about 5 punches per second, i kno ill go back again cus its just so near and its so handy. Im in 6th year now, has anyone else my age noticed that going out is **** now, cus i know all the girls in my year, and then i know barely any guys cus all our guy friends have either been on their 6th year holidays and soon will not be going out on fridays and saturdays cus their in college??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

more like get back to normal... :rolleyes:

Was in D2 for the first time last night, had a great night.
    Over 21s night so I'm guessing we were the only underagers there(though we're all 19-20), good music and it wasn't too loud.
    The only complaint id have is that it was so packed though you could still get a drink quite quickly thanks to some great bar service.

i walked by the place last night, didnt look great so i went to the palace....getting better, sucked during the summer, but getting back to its previous pre summer glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bowing2Buddha

I'm looking for a cheap place (to get into that is) with dance music.. The louder the better any the bigger the dance floor the better.. Preferably a younger crowd.. Any ideas.. Ive heard traffic is good, but its dear in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Dandelion seemed good, when I was there (It wasn't a gay bar to the best of my knowledge).
    Friendly staff, decent music. Quiet upstairs area if you want to talk. It's free in, but the drinks are pretty expensive.

Plus I found €15 on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭captain_frances

Lol. I agree about the bouncers. Sure God love any hard man who works as a bouncer. And as for the good-looking chaps who all look the same (rather ironic considering such persons think they are soo unique). The term I use to describe such people is generic.

Barcode (pronounced in the strongest north dublin accent you can imagine) is but an but an adult entertainment centre for the masses. When you go there conversation usually revolves around "are you a member? (very high status indeed)", "what kind of phone ringtone do you have?" or "oh my God, I love this song" (probably because they've heard it about 100 times on FM104 or MTV and confuse good music with familiarity).

Anyone who thinks Barcode is a "good night out", is a conformist generic who really ought to get a life. Going out getting sloshed at every single weekend at "the latest venue" is but pure escapism for lots of very unhappy people. I hate the lets-all-get-dressed-up-and-look-rich-live4-tonight-whilst-pissed-out-of-mind-pretenting-having-best-night-of-my-life-uh-oh-I'm-loser-crap-job-credit-card-bills-bank-loan brigade. I live beside barcode and heaven knows how that place got planning permission (I've heard lots of tales although that's another topic surely?). It's a disgrace, I've never seen so many riff-raff about Clontarf in all my life.

...So you like Barcode then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

I dont know of any decent club in Dublin, its quite strange seeing as it
    is a capital city. Usually with capital cities you get alot of good clubs and the
    place stays open well into the morning and there is always something to do
    at weekends, in Cities you can normally drift from one club to the next and then spend Sunday chilling out recharging the batteries.
    Dublin on the other hand seems to virtually shut-down even on a Saturday, once it gets to about 2:30 3am ish, and I find alot of the clubs are just cheezy handbag music clubs geered towards the hen and stag parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I like the Odeon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

4 Dame Lane rocked last Saturday night....or is that a Late Bar? I tend to frequent Late Bars more than clubs really...

Advertisement