Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in dublin (Vote)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

There should be a poll on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

akindoc wrote:
    I tried to make a poll but failed terribly. Where is Ri-Ra? Is it big?

Here's Ri-Ra's site: http://www.rira.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Goin down till Dublin this weekend. Don't people give locations to the clubs they suggesting :(

Fitzimmons / Ballroom not mentioned, went there last year with rugby club after ireland scotland match. Was good craic. No trouble like, let in straight away & saw a nice girl there :D few others talkin to & friendly enough. Mate even got a few pints of some american visitors. Went about easter this year think was with a mate, just 2 of us like. Bouncer wouldnt let us in. Almost totally sober like. Couldnt seem to get in anywhere like either, tried Club M & just said not tonight. Didnt even check id like. Do ya need a crowd of bout 15 people to get into clubs down in Dublin like??

Copperfield Jacks seemed decent enough when went there. Wouldnt say quality of girls there is the best like, & any that are seemed stuck up or iggnorent. But was ok for us after a rugby match like, went there this & last year like. One of the lads wouldnt stop fartin & dj was jokin about most of night so was bit of a laugh (apart from the smell of the farts that was spreadin)

Fitzimmons/Ballroom around Temple Bar
    Think Club M somewhere near Temple bar
    Not sure bout Copperfield Jacks is

I don't know why Coppers gets such a slating. Country people need places to go in Dublin too, I've always had a ball everytime I've gone there. At least people aren't full of sh1t like they are in the majority of Dublin clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭madfistbt

Does anyone know what fireworks is like? That club that used to be a firestation? I think its on Pearce Street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭dublinguy2004

hussey wrote:
    Barcode is full with mutton dressed as lamb .. all the girls look the same (pearls followed by a grayhound skirt) - Most have accents that would strip paint
    but very nice to look at

For some reason their is a huge number of guys wear :
    Tight t-shirts (Usually Pink or white) white a sparkly earring, and spiky bleached hair, blue faded jeans
    or Shirts from ben sherman

But saying that - it's fairly cheap and cheerful

Lol. I agree about the bouncers. Sure God love any hard man who works as a bouncer. And as for the good-looking chaps who all look the same (rather ironic considering such persons think they are soo unique). The term I use to describe such people is generic.

Barcode (pronounced in the strongest north dublin accent you can imagine) is but an but an adult entertainment centre for the masses. When you go there conversation usually revolves around "are you a member? (very high status indeed)", "what kind of phone ringtone do you have?" or "oh my God, I love this song" (probably because they've heard it about 100 times on FM104 or MTV and confuse good music with familiarity).

Anyone who thinks Barcode is a "good night out", is a conformist generic who really ought to get a life. Going out getting sloshed at every single weekend at "the latest venue" is but pure escapism for lots of very unhappy people. I hate the lets-all-get-dressed-up-and-look-rich-live4-tonight-whilst-pissed-out-of-mind-pretenting-having-best-night-of-my-life-uh-oh-I'm-loser-crap-job-credit-card-bills-bank-loan brigade. I live beside barcode and heaven knows how that place got planning permission (I've heard lots of tales although that's another topic surely?). It's a disgrace, I've never seen so many riff-raff about Clontarf in all my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Fireworks is closed and has been for two years or so almost now, for 'renovations'.

Barcode is on the northside so its obviously gonna be full of scum.

Berns you are possibly the biggest bogger I've ever known of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ah yeah, we're all scumbags over this side.

You shouldn't insult us like that though, you may anger us enough to stab you unjustly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Coppers!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha, I have to admit I've been there and we had a blast. It's all about who you're with.

Copper face Jacks is crusty, too many men for a start, big fat old men in a big group trying to pull below average looking girls who think there gods gift to men. Id like it if there were more girls and they were more approachable.

• Advertisement

madfistbt wrote:
    Copper face Jacks is crusty, too many men for a start, big fat old men in a big group trying to pull below average looking girls who think there gods gift to men. Id like it if there were more girls and they were more approachable.

Too many men isn't a bad thing if you're a girl though. There's too many bars in this city that has more girls than guys anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sue*

Blut wrote:
    Fireworks is closed and has been for two years or so almost now, for 'renovations'.

Barcode is on the northside so its obviously gonna be full of scum.

Berns you are possibly the biggest bogger I've ever known of.

Fireworks will not be reopening..certainly not in its current location.. Apartments are been built in its place apparently

madfistbt wrote:

I know it's crap but I went with friends from home that night and it was a great night despite the crapness that is Coppers. We made up our own Coppers song too. Everyone should go to Coppers at least once....I've only been once but I wouldn't mind going back again if my friends wanted to. It's not that bad.

Maynooth wrote:
    Too many men isn't a bad thing if you're a girl though. There's too many bars in this city that has more girls than guys anyway.

Rah, please give me a list of these places with more girls than guys. Ive just recently moved to Dublin so I dont know it too well. I really cant stand it when I go to a club and its packed up with big groups of high testosteroned men.

ClareBear yeh Ill admit you can have a fun night there if your mates are up for it but its a place Id go to a maximum of once a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Lol. I agree about the bouncers. Sure God love any hard man who works as a bouncer. And as for the good-looking chaps who all look the same (rather ironic considering such persons think they are soo unique). The term I use to describe such people is generic.

Barcode (pronounced in the strongest north dublin accent you can imagine) is but an but an adult entertainment centre for the masses. When you go there conversation usually revolves around "are you a member? (very high status indeed)", "what kind of phone ringtone do you have?" or "oh my God, I love this song" (probably because they've heard it about 100 times on FM104 or MTV and confuse good music with familiarity).

Anyone who thinks Barcode is a "good night out", is a conformist generic who really ought to get a life. Going out getting sloshed at every single weekend at "the latest venue" is but pure escapism for lots of very unhappy people. I hate the lets-all-get-dressed-up-and-look-rich-live4-tonight-whilst-pissed-out-of-mind-pretenting-having-best-night-of-my-life-uh-oh-I'm-loser-crap-job-credit-card-bills-bank-loan brigade. I live beside barcode and heaven knows how that place got planning permission (I've heard lots of tales although that's another topic surely?). It's a disgrace, I've never seen so many riff-raff about Clontarf in all my life.

i won't have you slagging barcode!! its probably the only place in dublin where a girl can go without getting groped! i agree the music is ****, but there's alot to be said for the layout, decor ect, as in there's always somewhere to sit and chat, and it isn't claustraphobic.
    seems to be getting a weird mix of people lately though...........................

Where is this Barcode? I'm intrigued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭dublinguy2004

i won't have you slagging barcode!! its probably the only place in dublin where a girl can go without getting groped! i agree the music is ****, but there's alot to be said for the layout, decor ect, as in there's always somewhere to sit and chat, and it isn't claustraphobic.
    seems to be getting a weird mix of people lately though...........................

Are you a conformist generic? And as for the "layout, decor ect (sic.)" - it's an awful combination of tackey aluminium/glass/brushed wood. Now that's pure class.
    I guess for every 1000 or so conformist generics, there's one guy laughing on top of them all. The best prisons are those without walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

SIN all the way baby!

Are you a conformist generic? And as for the "layout, decor ect (sic.)" - it's an awful combination of tackey aluminium/glass/brushed wood. Now that's pure class.
    I guess for every 1000 or so conformist generics, there's one guy laughing on top of them all. The best prisons are those without walls.
    stop picking fights........ "conformist generic".....its a plce to go thats not too full of scummers, not claustraphobic, and sells cheap drink. And can you show me a night club that isn't tackily decorated!? sure that adds to the fun!!
    i agree with you as far as the music and clothes (or lack thereof) go, there are alot of fashion victims there, due to it's proximity to clontarf, ect. weird mix of snobs and scummers!!
    but there's a good atmosphere (on thurs nights), been a bit weird lately though....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

How has it gotten weird lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Are the likes of D2, RíRá and Tramco 21's or 18's. not being 21 yet but being sick if the Iveagh, Bondi, Redz etc, where else would you reccomend to give a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i heard tramcos was 20;s, but know people 19 who have gotten in. Its a handy excuse when they dont like you. Being female should mean your grand.

Not sure about d2 or rira. Try places in temple bar, like boomerrangs, bad bobs and club M. They would be similiar to redz etc. Same music and type of people.

How has it gotten weird lately?
    actually was grand on thursday night there, but starting to get bored of Bar code, have 2 stop going for a while

Simona1986 wrote:
    Are the likes of D2, RíRá and Tramco 21's or 18's. not being 21 yet but being sick if the Iveagh, Bondi, Redz etc, where else would you reccomend to give a try?
    yup try bad bobs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Nobody has mentioned Lillies Bordello??!!!!

RedRaven wrote:
    Nobody has mentioned Lillies Bordello??!!!!

There's a reason for that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yeah that place sucks, i'm a regular 92 goer and that place is to stuck up even for me

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

i used to go to 92 a lot, but its the same thig every week. and they seem to have one cd they play every time ( depending on the night). the birds are pretty savage on the whole, but 90% are tossers, and you get bored of them after about 10 mins. although there are exceptions. also, it still smells of stale smoke and puke.

bondi is pretty much the same thing, but with a touch more ( how do i put this delicatly) economic diversity. better craic than 92 though. and they have theme nights which are great craic. ie the beach party which included a pool, and a rake load of sand.

have been going to rio's recently, but mainly due to the fact its way handy, and extra drinking in bucks is generally there to end the night. plus you got the bonus of the odd hen night. lol.

anyway. i dunno. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bowing2Buddha

I'm lookin for a club that plays real dance / trance music.. I'm sick of the usual RnB crap thats played everywhere, and need sumwhere i can actually go an dance.. any suggestions????

Also whats the playhouse like.. I live nearby but havent been yet..

Bondi is sh*t.. For a start its bright.. even on the dancefloor.. Its like bein on a poxy beach.. an its dear an full of wannabe posh kids..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

i used to go to 92 a lot, but its the same thig every week. and they seem to have one cd they play every time ( depending on the night). the birds are pretty savage on the whole, but 90% are tossers, and you get bored of them after about 10 mins. although there are exceptions. also, it still smells of stale smoke and puke.

bondi is pretty much the same thing, but with a touch more ( how do i put this delicatly) economic diversity. better craic than 92 though. and they have theme nights which are great craic. ie the beach party which included a pool, and a rake load of sand.

have been going to rio's recently, but mainly due to the fact its way handy, and extra drinking in bucks is generally there to end the night. plus you got the bonus of the odd hen night. lol.

anyway. i dunno. good luck

I'm interested in the size of 92 and bondi, especially the smoking areas. Are they big?

Advertisement