Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

i thought it was the twelfth,ah well,reading material for the holidays

interesting story here,i won a comp a couple years ago th meet jk and get a signed copy of TGOF,but she got preggers and what did i get instead??SWEET DAM ALL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

i thought it was the twelfth,ah well,reading material for the holidays

interesting story here,i won a comp a couple years ago th meet jk and get a signed copy of TGOF,but she got preggers and what did i get instead??SWEET DAM ALL!!

Hey that is interesting....

sorry apparently its not

damn you aristitle

DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I love Harry Potter, I think they are the best books i have ever read. I read 'serious' books to, but to be honest I find a lot of the adult books people hype up are really tedious to read.

If you like harry potter, you should check out the Artemis Foul books, and the new James Bond Junior books.

Childrens books are the new rock and roll ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Silverfin? I loved it! Twas great!

You should also try Septimus Heap. It's a good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The following are taken from www.mugglenet.com, for those who can't see them for some reason, they show Barnes & Noble employees handling copies of the American version of the Half Blood Prince. Personally, I prefer the UK cover ;)

hl1.jpg
    hl2.jpg
    hl3.jpg
    hl4.jpg
    hl5.jpg
    hl6.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm the films are below average,the books have a below average author but the story is good.i like the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I agree with you about the films. The first and second were abysmal, but the third was the only one I really liked. Although I own them all so I can't talk!

The books are great, there's so much imagination behind them, but this thought just occured to me, what's J.K Rowling going to do after Harry Potter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yes there is the imagination factor,ie story,thats what i like.
    i don't think she is a great writer though but i suppose it has to appeal to quite young people.
    she doesn't have to do anything afterwards if she doesnt want apart from look at those royalties fly in.

• Advertisement

hmm the films are below average,the books have a below average author but the story is good.i like the books.

Really? I would consider her to be a top class childrens author.

Still, to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The harry potter series of books are 100% excellent and my prefrence of the books in order is 54312, although i love the books i think that the films have wreaked it, they even managed to cut peeves out entirely which is gonna mean theres gonna be even more plot lines in further books.Think though if they cut out so much allready in the smaller books how are they gonna do it t he larger ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

is there anywhere online to buy it that will ship it before hand so it arrives on the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

Yeah I have read them all. I am looking forward to the "Half-Blood Prince" aswell. I am going to America the day it comes out so I hope it won't be to difficult to get a copy!

TheMonster wrote:
    is there anywhere online to buy it that will ship it before hand so it arrives on the day?

Do amazon do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Do amazon do that?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0747581088/ref=amb_center-1_10022341_1/026-6033742-1003646

for UK Addresses only - anyone in Ireland do it?

Really? I would consider her to be a top class childrens author.

Still, to each their own.
    even when i was a child i hated childrens books maybe im biased,hers are some of the best i'd say..don't really know,but can they beat the hardy boys!?! :)

I hated the boys with a vengence! I was into Roald Dahl really. Still am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I loved Roald Dahl...
    I read the BFG again the other day, it was great. I'm going to try and find some of his other books in the attic... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

*Angel* wrote:
    Yep love them, problem is I read the last one in a day, and which really kinda wastes it. Can't wait for the next one!

Preference: 4,5,3,1,2

i totally agree with you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

12 days left yes??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep!

how long is the HBP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

12 days well to be more on the ball its
    11 days 5 hours, 38 minutes, 46 seconds

until Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

by how long i meant how many pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

well yesterday was an interesting day, with less than 3 days to go AICN posted up the harry potter & the half-blood prince chapter titles, less than 30 minutes later they get a really severe cease & desist(lucas style) injuction from scholastic. since removing the post Moriarity has basically been trying to get scholastic on the phone but suffice to say, with the way the situation is being treated, its suspected to be real.

granted they're not that spoilery in of themselves(we already knew 3 of them anyway)
    but knowing about them with less tthan 3 days to go is pretty pointless, even though i do have them sitting here beside me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Just a matter of hours now... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah i can't wait! I love those books but i won't be going to the bookshop at midnight to buy it....that i'm afraid is too extreme

I'll be getting it tomorrow, but I'll have to hide it away from my family 'till I finish Shogun. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

argh i was in town eariler wanting to get a magazine but greeted at the front door,
    "sorry we are closed" which i replied to
    "the sign on the door says you close at 19:45" the security guard then said
    "you see that line of people"
    "yeh"
    "thank them they are waiting for the new harry potter, that's why the shop is closed for the midnight release"

thought it was funny what he said but still i couldn't get my magazine and i wouldn't of mind but easons is the only place to get that said magazine.

hope the book is worth closing the whole shop for, me i've never seen what's so good about a boy wizard.

Advertisement