Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Players Chatroom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm afraid it's currently full, but the current section of the game is getting fairly close to finishing, and adding someone else at that time wouldn't be a problem. If I'm able to update regularly, it could be done within the next two to three weeks if you're still interested.

On that note, I'm very sorry for not updating for so long. Events beyond my control led me to extremely limited net access for the past while. I'll put something up later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

How many fingers do Tau troopers have?

That's an... Odd... Question. :)

I believe it's one less than a human.

Well, it was in relation to my last post in GAME TURNS. I won't add another chop because nobody, not even a Tau trooper, would be able to hang around on just one finger...
    Sarky wrote:
    That's an... Odd... Question. :)

I believe it's one less than a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Hi guys I'm back just posted a quick turn I know its not much but i've alot to catch up on at the moment.

• Advertisement

No bother. I'll probably be a bit slow to update, I finally got running games back in real life too, and have lots of preparation going for that, too. Mmm, Exalted goodness...

I appear to have lost one or two important notes. I've lost track of a couple of things, like how much damage everyone's taken. I'll spend some time going through the thread a re-tallying the punishment this week.

For now, most of you are still able to perform without difficulty. Arkerius has a bum leg and is rather shot up, and Vollbart has lost the use of an arm. Raphael is bruised and bloodied, Dominicus is in quite a bit of pain from a gut shot. I'm not sure, but I think the loony preacher is relatively unharmed. The things faith can do, eh?

I'll PM any specifics over the next couple days. :)

Can my characters arm be fixed?

Not in this mission, but I have "plans".

/me giggles evilly

Tis all nearly over anyway, you probably won't be needing it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I am also devoid of eyebrows, not that that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spartan117

Im new here and I'd like to join the rpg. i know i cant right on the middle but i am willing to wait untill the next mission. i have experience in these rpgs i ran a halo one but it never got up to speed because there werent enouf members. thanks in advance

If there's enough interest for another session as well as enough space in the party there's no problem. The current players get preference, obviously, but if any of them pull out and leave a space for you, then grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spartan117

ok thanks is there any spicifics that i need to give on my character (dersick will be his name)

There will be, yes, but it'll take another while to finish this session, and while I have an idea for a sequel, I haven't written up anything concrete. It'll be some time yet before I'm ready to deal with new characters, sorry.

Hello?

Anyone still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

I'm still here waiting for people to post.

Two posters left.

If they haven't posted up by Wednesday I'm taking over their characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

If and when there's a new RPG with spaces, would you give me a PM? I'm assuming this is a freeform 40K RP, not Inquisitor based or anything?

Damn, completely forgot about this. I will post later this evening. Apologies to everyone waiting.

Dancy dancy dancy BOOM

• Advertisement

supersheep wrote:
    If and when there's a new RPG with spaces, would you give me a PM? I'm assuming this is a freeform 40K RP, not Inquisitor based or anything?

I originally based it all on the GURPS RPG system. It's a 3D6 system, but very simple, with as much optional detail as necessary.

I'm keeping it as freeform as possible though because dice get in the way of things here.

If/when I run another, and if there's space, I'll let you know. It'd be nice if another game started up somewhere though.

Will I need access to GURPS? Or can I just freeform it?

Everyone here is pretty much freeforming it, although I included a quick rundown of the basic rules. It's very, very simple.

I just say what I want to do as if I'm in a freeform RP, but you have to be more careful not to godmode

If someone's doing that, I tend to make bad things happen them. :)

That's not what happened Arkerius though, honest, that was just bad luck. I quite like the wee metal-plated psychotic. :)

Dancing... Give us a shout when there's a space then, thanks!

Guys, what do we do now? What are our options?

Well, you're all right where you need to be. Jarred mentioned earlier that power has to be restored to the generators for hangar doors, cargo clamps and the like from this very room, and there's a service tunnel in there too, somewhere, albeit a sealed one that would require some leet haxx0ring to get open. You could try fighting your way through the corridors, but Dominicus is really the only one in any shape for a fight. Arkerius can walk but will die soon if you don't get some proper time to adminster to him.

There wouldn't be a medlab anywhere close to where we are to replicate (or whatever the Warhammer equivalent is) some organs/limbs for poor Arkerius and Vollbart?

• Advertisement

There is a medical facility on the ship, but it's not likely to have everything you need, and certainly no limb regeneration technology. It's an Adeptus Mechanicus ship, Tech Priests generally have very little biological bits to look after, and those are usually safely behind a few inches of cybernetic armour-plating. :) Arkerius downloaded maps of the ship, so it would be possible to find your way there and patch up your wounds a bit more (the infirmary wouldn't have an awful lot of equipment, as I said, but anything that would be there is almost certainly the most advanced technology available to humanity).

You'd have to find your way through the service tunnels though. Apart from the drop to the floor where the walkway used to be, there are still two squads of enemy troops out there, and they'll find a way to make a new assault soon enough.

Advertisement