Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Tbh all I want is to not have to wear my big coat when walking outdoors. Even a few days where I wouldn’t be freezing in shorts. Saturday was lovely at times but the wind freezes the skin of ye and makes it necessary to wear a big jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Freezing in North Kildare this morning with showers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There is some wind in North Dublin near the coast this morning. Some of the gusts are worse than the named storms earlier in the year. Fierce windy at times overnight too, woke me at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

…sunny one minute then lashing freezing rain with big gusts the next (South Galway)
    Veg garden is over a month behind - anything planted now would drown or rot.

Pure sick of this feckn rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Unusual that there's no warning for wind like NI has, it was hard to stand at times with the wind here in Coastal Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Heavy showers and howling wind all morning in Limk City. 9c. outside but feels like 5c or 6c Worst day here in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Despite being woken in the night by the wind and rain, it was a lovely morning commute in Dublin, with sunshine and dry. A short shower around 11.30 and back to lovely and bright. Very cold and breezy, but a pleasant day outdoors overall so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Had a higher gust of 64kmh than my highest during Kathleen (62kmh) earlier this morning, feeling really raw in the winds here in south Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Northeast: wind and hail woke us up during the night. Very blustery and loud here today and a couple of nasty hail showers earlier.

Another day of no gardening possible - all plants still in the green house and indoors. Dog is really fed up as she won’t go out in weather like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jesus that wind would cut you. Very cold. Galway City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭mcburns07

You can feel the warmth in the sun during the very brief interludes in the strong cold wind. One day things will settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Currently sitting out having a lovely beer in dubrovnik, so what you are all saying is I'll be coming home to a bumpy flight and sh#t weather ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

no redeeming features about the weather in Dublin today! Feels like one of the coldest days all winter never mind spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

A fresh April, April showers day . Still better then frontal muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I've arrived in Santorini where it's 22C and completely clear, it feels a little too warm for me since there's no wind and obviously the Sun is very strong down here but I'd definitely take it over what you lot have been describing over the last few days, nothing worse than an uncomfortably cold wind and rain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

76km/h gusts in Dublin Airport at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wazzzledazzle

Windy, Very Cold, Heavy Showers on and off all day. More like a day in January than mid April. Oul dears walking around town in wooly hats and scarves an hour ago. North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BagofWeed

The wind in Cork not just today but every day and night is just so annoying.

Post edited by BagofWeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Tornado 🌪 reported In England

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

the Dublin City centre I was in had an awful hail shower at 1:30 and an awful rain shower at 4:20. And it’s bloody freezing. Miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A mostly miserable day here in Meath, freezing cold, bitter wind and heavy rain and hail showers. The coldest it has felt since early February.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

I would agree that it's much too cold at the moment. Some posters might throw stats and lecture about averages and fair enough, but temps barely struggling to get beyond 10C and a biting wind is just not spring, not even by Irish standards. While I like a cold winter, I expect warmer, more pleasant weather by mid April. I expect to have packed away the boots and coats and to have the runners and jackets out and not be obliged to have the heating on so much. My only caveat is that because I hate rain with an absolute vengeance, I'll settle for colder if I can have dry and while some might find it hard to understand, I find cold rain more bearable than mild. But like everybody else I'm fed up of it all. Every other year I'd have my garden furniture well out by now and would have made a start on patio flowers. Let's all collectively pray to whatever gods that things turn a corner very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Well I'm working outside on the Dublin/Kildare/Meath border area so not the same area. But yes there was a very heavy downpour around 1.50pm. It had been nice up to that and cleared up.lovely snd bright again quickly afterwards too. Incredible gusts though, serious windchill! Still a million times preferable to the mild and fully wet days of the previous fortnight or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

fair enough I just can’t agree with you on today being pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Today just takes the absolute biscuit.

The wind is so cold and strong it takes your breath away and just for fun the sun is out for a few mintes mocking you before the torrential hail or rain shower soaks you to the skin.

Thank god no football training tonight, we would have froze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I'm hanging my hat on the weekend and next week being somewhat improved. Good model consensus at this stage and it most certainly will be drier and less blustery although probably not all that warm. I've booked the week off work to get around to some outdoor jobs that have been staring me in the face since late February so here's hoping it won't be a week wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sorry if already said. Met E graphic this morning showed it dry for the day in Cork thus I cycled. And to be fair, apart from the 7 or 8 biblical, cold and windy downpours it was lovely.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The Graphics used by MÉ are so inaccurate, you're better off seeing it and assuming the opposite will happen. I don't know why they bother with hourly forecasts if they are so far from the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Probably used Chat GPT. I asked them before and got some very strange data

Advertisement