Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Day 243 of autumn 🫠

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

I took (dragged) the dogs out this morning at 7 am in the rain. Still raining now.

I'm at least 6 weeks behind in my gardening. No spuds in yet. No onions. No weeding. The ground is far to wet and cold. The commercial growers and us as consumers, shall be in serious problems if this weather doesn't relent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Well, there's nothing more horrible than a typical Irish summer imo, I hate it. But if you have any suggestions on how to dress in (female) professional attire for indoor work in a formal office-type environment, but also frequent outdoor work that might require wet gear, while also spending a lot of time commuting by bus between locations, then I'm all ears. I'm obviously no rocket scientist, but a solution to avoid becoming either soaked in rain or soaked in sweat still eludes me.

Anyway, it has been a much better day today in West Dublin/North Kildare. Dry, breezy, overcast. I really hope this nice spell materialises next week!

Interesting to see the frost stat from your location @Supercell. I've already seen a lot of mosquitoes gathering around in certain spots. If this trend of mild winters continues we may be in trouble in a few years, in terms of there being a large enough surviving population to become a disease reservoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭yagan

Dank

Cork Harbour.

The grey is starting to get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thankfully we seem to be mostly free of them here being so close to the coast, though as you say if warming and wetter is the way of the future thats going to change.

Very muggy here now with intermittent hazy sun and 19.8C, Wicklow mountains have punched a leeward hole in the clouds like they often do here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Warm, sticky rain here earlier this morning. I suppose if I look at with a glass half full perspective I’ll take the warm rain over cold rain .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Grass is growing like mad

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

In Austria last weekend they recorded the earliest ever 'heat day' (temp over 30°) since measurement history started

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A band of very heavy showers passing over here in Castlebar. Place soaked again. Blustery also.Looks drier and brighter for the afternoon.…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭yagan

The oppressive grey of the last week is being pierced by blasts of sunshine, moods lifting.

Cork harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mother of all downpours in the last 5 minutes. Plan on planting spuds after lunch ...wish me luck 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Already reached the entire spring average rainfall here now (Dublin Airport) and it's not even halfway through.

Drizzle turned to rain and now the wind is getting strong.

Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

was in northern France yesterday just for a couple of days around Calais. Again an area not noted for particularly great weather but low and behind low 20s and lovely and sunny yesterday and Wednesday. Thursday was overcast and cloudy. But the light and warmth yesterday in particular was great. Flew into Dublin last night grey low cloud. Raining now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bit of blue sky and sun in west cork after a foggy and wet evening yesterday. Was able to finally get out for a walk. Windy, but not cold at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Yep much more like spring in East Cork today, lovely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Missed the showers in Greystones. Two days in a row with no rain! 14.9c atm. Sunny and breezy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely day in Galway. Some serious growth happening now. You can feel everything about to take off. Great to see the leaves coming back on the trees.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lovely day, if a bit breezy. The 12C is suiting me just fine; any warmer and I'll be sweating. 😅🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Still bright at 9pm. Not bad at all.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite breezy to windy here in Kerry today giving an added wind chill but great sunshine all day and dry apart from some overnight and early morning showers. Very noticeable how good the drying was today, the ground was dry enough to walk over, another couple of days and will be out working on it again. Hopefully not too much rain tomorrow.

Got up to 12.5C

8.2c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

that’s been a windy week since last Saturday it’s been windy every day will we ever get a nice calm dry sunny day ?

Finally .... some hope

Its going to get quite windy tonight with some very heavy,possibly thundery showers. You can see them out to the west below

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Sneaky fourteen hour dry period here in East Galway, lashing rain again now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Back from a few days in Valencia, blue skies the whole time and stayed around 25C. It was amazing and strange to experience continued warm weather with people sitting out eating and drinking, it was all so lovely.

Advertisement