Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

dare we say it and dream- have things finally turned a corner? Yesterday felt so mild and pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭pad199207

As sticky sort of feel this morning in North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wazzzledazzle

First Post and first morning since last October i have ventured out in a Tee-shirt, mild,muggy but pleasent. North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Wall to wall cloud scheduled in Cork between now and Saturday. But so far there does look like some high pressure and some drying due next week. With luck it will encompass a weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

sitting outside in the sun having lunch.
    Lovely heat and calm weather.
    Beautiful.
    south Dublin.

• Advertisement

A few glimmers of mild sunshine in North Kildare now so it’s feeling pretty nice I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I heard a child ask a parent yesterday “ mummy what time is the rain coming at today “😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭highdef

Quite different in Trim, Meath. Mostly cloudy and very breezy here. Some very short spells of hazy sunshine and mild is about as far as I could go to describe the temperature.

Looking at Dublin, South Dublin in particular, there looks to be a possible combination of a foehn wind and either convergence or an after effect of the foehn causing a bit of a vacuum in south Dublin, resulting in light winds, the image below shows it quite well.

The temperatures also show this quite well:

You can also see that the humidity levels are much lower on the leeward side of the Dublin/Wicklow mountains, with the cooler and more moist air being dried and heated as it is forced to pass over the mountains as the moisture reaches its dew point and condenses:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

17.0c atm in Greystones. Mostly cloudy now after earlier sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Needmoretea

Very pleasant and dry this morning, and I put out my washing! A hint of Spring maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

To keep up the comparison, its 11c in Cork at the moment. Not a hint of sun or spring warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

So mild in Galway. Lovely walking weather.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Yeah, had a lovely walk to work until it started raining about halfway.

Oh well. At least I took the jacket off for a while!

Very mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Trés mild and dry in Meath. Everyone in heavy coats earlier I in tshirt and sleeveless jacket. Emmmm. Any makings of sunshine didn't quiet happen.

Looks like a band of rain for the school pick up. Wellies and raincoat at the ready. Shame it wouldn't go for the day with no rain.

17⁰ sky grey. Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What app are you using for that information? It’s very accurate tbf.
    Things have changed now- there are spurs of rain, the skys gone light grey and there’s a low howl of wind from time to time lol!
    Just glad I got my walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jonnreeks

Viewers will be pleased to know that Springwatch 2024 will hold on to its three-week-long slot when it begins in the last week of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭highdef

It's not an app, just a website -

WOW stands for Weather Observations Website. It is a global network of weather observations where the public can view and share their measurements. Users can freely view, share, compare and archive current and previous weather observations from privately-owned weather stations and official National Meteorological Service weather stations.

Met Éireann has partnered with the United Kingdom Met Office (UKMO) WOW website to provide an Irish website where the public can view and participate in the worldwide network of weather observations. You can view data on maps, and also in greater detail in tables and graphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dan575283578

Miserable wet day here in wexford

A wet evening here now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Spring was here earlier, I'm sure I saw it at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Certainly was lovely earlier in Dublin with warm sunshine, sometimes hazy. Cherry blossoms out in Herbert Park. It's been lightly raining now for the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ascophyllum

Torrential rain in West Mayo this evening, we haven't had it too bad here in the last few weeks compared to other places but this is the heaviest rain I've seen for quite a while.

It really is a remarkable spell in the fact that there hasn't been a break for more than a few days - we'd typically get a period of East winds and settled weather in early April if not late March but this pattern feels quite different. No big storms, no settled weather, just constant weakish lows dumping rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭yagan

Dank.

Cork harbour.

At least the rain is warmer this evening 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Miserable. I hate warm rain - much more difficult to dress for than the cold. I'd rather it stayed cold if it's going to be wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Lovely warm dry day in Antrim. Lots of work done outside.. even got the grass cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Completely with you on that. I just don't buy into this "at least it's mild" malarky. It's another euphemism to play down crap weather like "soft rain."😏

And ya I'd also prefer it colder when wet, much easier to dress for. Mild and wet is a sweaty, muggy nightmare, imo, and you just don't know what to do with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Disagree, cold and wet with a cold wind is truly miserable. Would make you sick. At least some warmth I could still go out and just get wet.

it’s not rocket science 😂 how do you cope in a typical Irish summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Overcast with a light breeze and 13.7C here in south Dublin, at least its not raining! Was hoping for another warm day like the last two, can't complain, grand weather for a lunchtime jog.

No air frost here since January 19th, which is potentially heading for my earliest ever last frost date by some margin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement