Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jozef Puska guilty of murder of Ashling Murphy (Mod notes and threadbans in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

People are very found of this approach, until it comes to Palestinians in Gaza.

Not saying you've conflicting views with respect to that but I've noticed a lot of the voices on here approving Israel's actions there use this refrain when talking about foreigners committing crimes in Ireland.

But, when it comes to sending people back to where they come from, if they've been granted Irish citizenship then they are Irish and to renounce that citizenship on the basis that they were an immigrant means that there are different consequences for different people committing the same crime. I don't think that that is fundamentally acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep. Not that long since the days of every Irish person in Britain in the 80s and 90s getting branded a terrorist because of the IRA.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I've done so repeatedly on the multiculturalism thread on here. I know it's no longer easy to find posts on this website but I've not going to repeat them here because it would definitively take the thread off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

I hope the absolute tragedy that has befallen that family never darkens the door of any poster on this thread.. Of course Ireland has its own native sumbags and always will but some of the immigrants I see mooching about up to know good, milking the system for all its worth would make you wonder where is all going to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

If they're EU citizens then we are well within our rights ro recind and deport. But we can't police Grafton Street let alone apply immigration law.

• Advertisement

Lets say that this is the case, but if Josef Puska had come to Ireland and contributed positively to society as many immigrants have done, then Ireland would have gained.

So do you keep out the 10000 odd people who are going to add positively to a society to potentially prevent 1 would commit a crime such as this.

And while I absolutely get your point about the chances being that poor Ashling would still be alive, but there are, unfortunately, no shortage of Irish people who suffer at the hands of irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What an absolutely ridiculous dishonest interpretation to put on the posters comment, it's not what the poster was saying at all and well you knew it but you just couldn't resist throwing out the racist card... Par for the course

I've a long list of disadvantages so we'll agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Legitimately dreadful stuff, but as you say, par for the course.

Between this nonsense and another imbecilic comment branding a nation of 125M as ‘insular weirdos’, it really begs the question if posting online should require a minimum IQ..

Depends how you define positive. I'd gladly keep one Josef Puska out for 100k tax paying immigrants(presume that's what you mean by positive)?

If it was 100k Nobel prize winning scientists I might have a different view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Step 1 would be not to give housing and welfare to non contributers. It is a pull factor.

I firmly believe that people whether they are Irish or from wherever feel more part of society and the wider community if they are contributing and living a busy fulfilling life .

I myself was on the dole a year and didn't feel as part of my community or even peer group .

The devil makes work for idle hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

How many of these bad apples were handed a Lifetime of welfare and free housing on arrival in Australia?

What happens these bad apples when they start committing crimes in Australia?

Bit different to Paddy's way isn't it?

Who implied all immigrants into Ireland are dangerous? That's right - no one except you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Nobody is implying all immigrants are dangerous, that's just your imagination at work. In Ireland if you question our immigration process your instantly accused of been racist which is completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

And if Irish in Australia committed crimes, I'd have absolutely no issue if Australia deported them back to Ireland.

Look, the reality is that there was a thread specifically about this horrific attack when it happened and the focus of the thread turned in to outrage that women were saying that they often feel uncomfortable at the slightest unrequested engagement because they don't know what it will lead to.

There was pushback on this view with the claim that it is 'not all men', but, as we're seeing here, it is being suggested that 'it is all men' when considering people coming in to the country. I remember that thread specifically because how many contributors refused to accept any responsibility on them to help women feel safer. That's just a fact of how that conversation went, and how it is going now.

It might make people uncomfortable to be accused of having racist views, but how else can you explain this conflicting approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's the usual suspects who are trying to hijack Ryan's very moving tribute to Ashling. Ironically, he and his late girlfriend would probably be dismissed as "middle class, leftie, woke types" by the same crowd under normal circumstances.

I asked what the benefits of it where and I'm still waiting for an example.

Infinite growth and globalisation is a cancer. Maintaining the beast its created is not benefit, its the fuel.

Given you're an ech warrior I'm surprised you champion it. Its the single biggest environmental issue there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Absolutely. This tragic murder is being used as an attempt to villify immigrants and paint all immigrant men as rapists and murderers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Who are the ‘usual suspects’ and who is this ‘same crowd’? To whom are you referring precisely?

You’ve been asked this before. Now answer it directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

"paint all immigrant men as rapists and murderers"

This has descended into a farce. Please don't engage and feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Not long after the poor girls murder it was been used as an attempt to vilify all irish men and paint all irish men as rapists, but that narrative disappeared once the identity of this p#ick was known. Funny that once he wasnt irish the tumble weed arrived.

Why? So you can then report the post and get the poster banned? Come on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

True nation states and mercantile empires have produced far more misery and gratuitous genocidal violence than the current regime of open borders and free trade areas. A quick glance of 20th century history confirms this. When you divide the fatalities by number of days 40,000 people were killed for every day of world war 2. That’s roughly the capacity of the Aviva stadium wiped out every day for six years. France suffered 47k fatalities in the opening day or two of fighting in world war 1. Turkey lost 14% of its population in the same war. So to think that there is a glorious past of tribal nations happily living together is absolute fantasy . I for one am very thankful I am living in todays Europe and not the 1940’s Europe. It is actually stunning how often people overlook such overwhelming evidence in favour of believing in fairy tales of a glorious yesteryear.

Why are you inserting yourself into this exchange? Do you find that you do that habitually?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,410 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jesus f'in Christ.

What is wrong with you?

Jozef Puska comes to Ireland, is provided a house and provided for by the state, he contributes nothing whatsoever to Irish society, lives for 10 years off disability (but was still able to cycle around all day and brutally murder a physically fit woman who fought for every inch of her life). The guy apparently had such bad English that he needs a translator in court. He set out to commit pre-meditated murder against a woman, the first two are lucky escapes, but the the third isn't so lucky.

Is this really the hill you are going to die on? Defending convicted murders?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

the benefits of it are that capitalists can keep growing the economy without considering anything else. people vote for jobs and money and that requires economic growth, which requires lots of immigration.

as a bonafide eco warrior i'd be all for slowing down the economy and living in a more communal way with far less consumption but that doesn't go down too well with the public as you know.

Apparently, his new ‘roommate’ is Yousef Palani.

Two fine gentlemen indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,646 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'd even hire a van and drive the cnuts to the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This particular poster was NOT suggesting that it was all men when considering men coming in to the country... Again with the putting words into posters mouths, it's dishonest in the extreme and the throwing out of the racist card is done exactly to make people feel uncomfortable in the hope that they may get tired of the namecalling, disengage and leave the the conversation , it's tiresome, the language of the playground

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement