Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jozef Puska guilty of murder of Ashling Murphy (Mod notes and threadbans in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Thank you for sharing. I have just read it.Powerful is right. Puska is guilty of murder but what about all of the other lives he has ruined too.

I wasn't aware that he was smirking at stages throughout the trial. Absolute vermin.

Behind closed doors in the corridor of power the whole situation needs to be looked at for the good of Irish society. What addition to the country and us as it's citizens is it to have people like that coming here ,not contributing, recieving handouts etc

There is no benefit. Eye opening

Post edited by RobbieV on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I don't know if the point has been made on this thread, as I've only jumped in and out, but I'm of the firm belief that his family in Dublin should be investigated next. If they are complicit in attempting to cover up the crime, then they should be charged, tried and jailed (or preferably deported). Shower of cnuts every last one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What is more likely to happen in this country is that if Ryan says this again after Helen McEntees Hate Speech Bill becomes law, he will be prosecuted while Puskas family continue to take the p1ss out of our welfare system.

Ireland 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jesus f'in Christ. What sort of sick and twisted sense of morality do People Before Profit supporters have to attack a man whose partner was murdered in cold blood?

I would have thought getting behind the Ashling Murphy family was a given. But here we are, some Irish people are trying to defend the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

But who are the anti-immigration crowd? The term has lost all meaning in the last couple of years, and its definition muddied intentionally.

I’m against people coming to live in Ireland from abroad (EU or otherwise) who will not be productive and law-abiding members of society, or who can’t support themselves and whose presence will be a drain on our economy. I am also against bogus asylum seekers arriving in with fake or no identification, using up vital services and resources for real asylum seekers.

My current partner is an immigrant, my previous partner for many years is an immigrant, I work with many wonderful immigrants, and I am all for controlled immigration of the right people who will be a benefit to our country, but because of my views given in the above paragraph, I would be labeled anti-immigrant.

Well done to Ryan for speaking up. It took tremendous courage from him to say what he did, knowing the vocal minority who have gained so much power here would jump on it, even though the vast majority of the country would agree with him. It strikes me that he’s lost so much, and he’s such a broken man that he doesn’t really care about upsetting a few people, that he just wanted to speak the truth in a platform he never wanted to be given.

Post edited by DebDynamite on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

There's one (who's apparently a primary school teacher) who called Ryan a racist. I don't want to link it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Saw that last night as well, this country is seriously fcuked......

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JDigweed

Jesus if that victim impact statement and the judge's comments don't get the ball rolling on changes to sentencing and immigration, we've no hope.

I moved to Australia when this economy was on its knees. It was work or leave, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭PaoloGotti

Ashling’s boyfriend. His victim impact statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Jesus Christ, I'm actually in disbelief at this. Some serious sad, delusional (cause that's all it is, delusion at some fcuked up ideology) out there.

I don't want to drag this thread into an anti-immigration one, but it is definitely something that at least has to be acknowledged now, if not impossible to ignore.

Those same arseholes criticising Ryan are probably the same people blaming white Irish males for all society's ills. Sad shower

Is it just me or did media miss reporting parts of the full statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

No, it's not just you. Some media are very selective on what parts they mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Some people trying to turn this horrible crime into an opportunity to promote their anti immigration ideals. All the time ignoring the obvious issue. It doesn't matter where they come from, Ireland or any other country, the murderer/rapist/attacker is nearly always men. That's what can't be ignored any longer.

“How can someone come to this country, get social housing, social welfare, not hold down a job of any description and never contribute to society for 10 years?” Very few media outlets reporting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

toxic empathy, writing cheques other people end up having to cash, but hey ho the electorate seem to like it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

You know who the biggest victims of the violence of men are? Other men and not women.

No one who has a criminal past should be permitted entry into this country. We have the reverse. You don't even need a passport to get into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Musicrules

So then all men and women should be against these men who inflict violence? Why defend those men?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Tork

We're in the EU so it's hard to stop people coming here. What this tragedy highlighted was how inadequate our welfare checks are. Would this creature have come here, or stayed here if he knew he wasn't going to do well out of us? That's what's getting to people. The unfairness of it all, and the sense that we're being made fools of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was it Ashlings sisters statement which had the line about how he received an Irish welcome when he came here, bur he then went on to murder her sister?

And rather chillingly, and correctly, stated that this will happen again to another family.

I dont understand your 1st line, if someone has an "anti white male agenda" then they tend to be progressive types who are into oppression indexes and all that stuff, dont they tend to stay quiet if the man concerned has some oppression points, in this case being Roma?

I remember distinctly the rhetoric before and after he was caught, about catholic boys schools being the problem, then after , they couldnt really argue that CBS schools were operating in Transylvania......

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Could any Irish person go to another EU country with their family and live on social welfare in a house provided by the local authority for 10 years without contributing anything? Or is it just Ireland that does this?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭EveryoneKnowsNobodyCares

Don't think so; I think he realised the defence counsel had his job to do and could only work with how he was instructed. I remember at one point the judge asked him whether it was his client's instructions that such and such a thing happened. I can't remember now the details and I can't find the tweet. So yeah, I think the judge saw though "Puska's nonsense" but yer man had his job to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭queueeye

It was meant as a reply to Musicrules post about people using the situation to promote their anti immigration agenda.

Read it as a reply to that, it'll make more sense.

• At time of Ashling’s murder, I (as a woman) got a ragging on Twitter for defending the honour of the average ordinary decent male, I wasn’t being specific as to race etc, but the general anti male comments were clearly directed at the established population.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The anti immigration crowd are loving this to be fair. Also the fact she was a pretty young woman makes it a huge story.

I had an uncle randomly murdered by Irish scumbags some years ago and honestly it was barely in the news. He was an unmarried man who kept to himself the same age I am now, they don't carry much social weight.

I find it sickening the way people are using Aislings murder for their xenophobic causes, even though this guy was a useless waster who shouldn't have been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Tork

That's the trickiness of this murder, isn't it? You can take whatever angle you want from it. Some are leaning on the gender based aspect of it while others are using his race. It's hard to keep away from these politics when discussing it. It goes without saying that any time any immigrant commits a crime, they're all over it and are splashing memes all over the place. In general, most people have tried to be a bit more nuanced, but it's hard to move past the core unfairness of it all. The house, the dubious disability, the general awfulness of Puska. The general feeling that this mightn't have happened if we were better at managing our social welfare system.

You are right about this particular murder and the saleability of a beautiful young Irish woman. This murder hit home because it was so relatable to us all. We all know an Ashling Murphy, or would like our daughters to be an Ashling. It also hits home because she was doing something so many of us have done: take a run or a walk in a scenic area. Sorry about your uncle, by the way. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like.

• Advertisement

it does matter where they come from, on the basis that we dont operate a points system where you could assess people on an individual basis, all one knows is that one can make assessments based on group averages (though I would prefer the other). In theory you can make clear assumption based on where they come from, a 100K men coming from Spain or Germany or China will behave in an average way that is mostly beneficial to the host country, take in a 100K of men that have crossed the english channel in a boat, and it would be chaos, crime , unemployment, welfare dependacy would go up.

As for your "its nearly always men" comment being ignored? what does that mean , we basically run society on the basis that a small % of men can create a disproportionate amount of trouble. Thats why I bring up my kids in D4 and not Crumlin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement