Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O Connor RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Very sad.

Sinead was a troubled soul - but an amazing artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Awful news, god rest her soul

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Had a pint with her a few times in Goggins pub Monkstown, greatest female singer I ever heard, and those eyes wow those eyes beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Very sad news. I know from her few appearances in the media after the tragic death of her son Shane that she was broken. Rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Loved this whole album - purchased it early 90s - The Chieftans with a whole lot of great artists including Rolling Stones and of course, Sinead

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very shocked and saddened to hear this very sad news. 😢

An incredibly gifted and beautiful music artist, Sinead was truly unique but she had many demons to contend with in her life. A tortured soul. Hopefully she is at peace now.

Rest In Peace Sinead. 🕊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Comer1

Such sad news, we were so lucky to have had such a talent among us. Amazing voice, songwriter and such an ability to interpret a song and make it her own. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I feared for her when I heard nothing from her since the death of her son. Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

RIP

As famous as she is in this country, I always felt that she was very underrated as an artist. A lot of people seem to write her off as a one hit wonder but she was much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Awfully sad news. I've loved this song since I first heard it in The Royle Family when nana died. As rare and as raw a talent as you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2022work

If there's anyone who I'd ever want to hug and cry with it would be her. May she RIP. A remarkable woman in my eyes. May she RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was going post that song. I love that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭griffin100

That’s made me very sad.

I remember how good the Lion and the Cobra was as a teenager.

I got to see her live in Vicar Street a few years ago and Jesus she was amazing.

A troubled soul who I hope is now at peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Genuinely shocked by this news.

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

She hadn’t a fake bone in her body, you always knew with SOC that she wasn’t going through the motions, frighteningly real artist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

She had an incredible smile too when it appeared. I’m so sad to hear this. She was so talented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭prunudo

Herself and Christy, 2 voices of a generation lost, only a few of weeks apart. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Aw Sinead, you deserve your peace wherever you’ve gone. So many of us admired you and were in awe of you, despite your demons and tragedies. Thank you for all you gave us while you were here x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sad news what happened to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

And similar with Dolores O Riordan.

All taken too young.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Raysin

After the death of her son I wondered if she would crumble for good. Losing a child breaks the strongest of us, and a fragile lady with a lifetime of suffering ill mental health stands even less of a chance of living with that kind of pain. An outstanding talent, one that will be missed.

I hope the rest of her family are holding up in the face of two tragedies so relatively close together.

RIP Sinéad and condolences to her family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

It would be in bad taste to speculate publicly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Rest in peace Sinead. Beautiful singer and soul.

I worked in a newsagents on Westland row back in late 90s and she'd often drop in. The homeless aul fellas who stayed around there used to speak a lot about her generosity towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yeah - it’s the less known work of hers that I especially like- I bought the album just because there were so many great musicians on it doing their thing with the Chieftains that it had to be good and it was- her voice back then was just insanely good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Early 90s saw her live in Glastonbury and billboarded around Germany.

As a young Irish lad, yes, she gave me a sense of pride.

Mesmerising voice, but sadly she was unlucky to have been born with a debilitating illness, that she never asked for.

Rip.

Advertisement