Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The piano acoustic versions of her pop classics are even worse. I want to see her do the full version of yoyo,k not this half-assed piano plop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Easy to see why she can do 3 hour shows, most of the songs are backing tracks.

I haven’t seen as good as this either on Eras tour. 1989 tour was way better than Reputation.

I wish she would do Squeak Now on Eras tour like the original here.

I want to see this one in whealans after the Aviva gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Relatively speaking, you stand some chance of Taylor appearing in Whelan's (highly unlikely, but technically possible).

However, there is no chance that John Paul and Joy would ever be in the same room together.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chopper Dave

I know there are very few tickets left and only at huge prices but it does seem weird that this is still a pre-sale and that only people with codes from early July can purchase. Has anyone heard of people being moved off the waitlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Fanirish

They know that once they bring the prices down to “original value” that they will sell out remaining tickets in minutes. No harm in their eyes seeing if anyone bites at high prices over next 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭crl84

He's talking about people without codes still being unable to access the sale. There are likely some people on the waitlist who would buy the VIP/package tickets if they had a code, or if it was just simply open to the public now.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheIrishPC

Yeah it's ridiculous. Even if I was mad enough to pay over 700 a ticket, I can't even get through to purchase it without this code despite them going on sale weeks ago. I check every now and then and there's still this virtual queue. Absolute nonsense. I bought Lukas Graham tickets this morning, no queue, and tickets paid for by 9.02. Obviously Taylor Swift has a much higher demand than Lukas Graham so it was always going to be easier, but still, it was so much easier without this code and virtual queue nonsense, and far less stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Well Paramore fans got absolutely shafted, I hadn't a notion of just Swift so didn't pine for a code and support got announced after registration closed...sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheIrishPC

Definitely. I at least saw them in 3Arena back in April, but Paramore playing 3 nights in the Aviva, fans would love to see that but instead they got shafted by the nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onefish

Looks like the film is getting world release next month. I had thought it would only be in the US, until the European leg had finished next year

Apparently not.

Taylor needs to date a manly gaa star like David Clifford, not this w@nker Travis Kelce that showmance won’t last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Of course it wont last, its another pr stunt.

Taylor isn't into boys.

Kelce is no spring chicken, he is 33 so is a veteran in his sport. I just don’t think they are suited, he’s a jock/frat boy/alpha male type. She had gone for arty farty fella up to now, not sporty. He is not her type at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Anyone going to see the concert on the big screen? Feel like I’d like to see the show in person first but hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I wouldn't go to a concert film if I was planning on seeing the show. At best, it'll be the exact same and any surprises or moments of joy will be expected and or less enjoyable. At worst, the live show won't live up to your expectations of the likely incredibly edited screening.

The show will still be available after her tour on demand or on physical media so I'd wait and not spoil the show in advance (which you probably spent a lot of money on).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭micks_address

We are going to see it Saturday. Daughter has watched tons of YouTube of the concert anyway. It's almost a full year out so don't think it will spoil it. I think of it like watching a match on TV versus being at the game. Be an interesting experience in the cinema.. if it's all signing in the ailes be pain in the hoop

• Advertisement

I can see both options being viable. Going or waiting. Hard call whether to go or wait it out, I’ve watched a lot of YouTube segments of the concert already.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

This is where I'm at. Not ruling out going to see in cinema and don't have a ticket to Aviva, but if I had a ticket I'd be less inclined to go.

Exactly. I get being a huge fan and wanting to see her but ruining some of the (expensive) experience in advance is really silly. Half the joy of gigs is seeing the experience for the first time and living in the moment, rather than knowing the exact beats when you go in.

To be honest, I also think it's a really shïtty practice to release the film globally now (as opposed to in the US which was the original plan) and gauge more fans in advance, knowing that people can't wait for the gig so you can bleed them a bit more. Releasing it at the same time or after would be have been fine.

Went to the movie today, couldn’t resist. Loved every minute of it. Cannot wait for the concert now. The production is out of this world good, the storytelling, the live band, the dancers, the stage, the lighting. I cannot understand how she maintains her performance for such a long time. I got tired just watching it! Honestly it hasn’t ruined the show for me at all and showed me things to look out for as none of us will have the views the cameras gave tonight in the cinema. Got some friendship bracelets and danced as it went on. Very polite Swiftie crowd there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭micks_address

Went to see it in IMAX Blanchardstown this morning. Only a few at the screening so no noise or signing or dancing. It's an amazing show. We are going next summer to the concert but I'd recommend the cinema as well. You won't see it like this at the concert, the clarity, sound quality all was pretty amazing. It's some show, and it was missing a few songs. Daughter was delighted to see it . 4 tickets 96 euro and the popcorn and drink 19.89... at least there were a few free posters

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭marilynrr

It's not 'silly'.

People are different and don't all like to experience things the same way! Some want to know the set list of concerts and know lots of detail about it, it doesn't take anything away from the live event or stop them living in the moment when the show is on.

You're right, it is different stroke for different folks. But that's my opinion and I stand by it. Being someone who goes to a lot of music and comedy gigs, for me it would be silly as it would decrease the enjoyment of the live show if I was able to telegraph it in advance. I'm not saying for a moment the show won't be really good but knowing what's coming or the shakes of the show in advance, for me, takes a bit of the surprise, uniqueness and enjoyment away.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Went to the concert film at the weekend. It's great stuff. And fantastic for those going to the concert as you can work out when is a suitable time to go the jacks/the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭ergo

Can I just clarify here re the 3 Aviva gigs - all tickets are now sold isn't that right ?- there's nothing on TM when I checked in recent weeks - not even the ridiculously priced €300 or €700 packages - so there won't be any tickets popping up at reduced or more "normal" prices closer to the time? Is that fair enough to presume?

• Advertisement

It's very likely production hold tickets will be released at some point closer to the gig when they've sussed the layout etc. Impossible to say how many and when though. Likely they'll be quietly released.

Advertisement