Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Exactly this. I always check the setlist and piss/bar time is one of the reasons. Im not that desperate to wear adult diapers, which is actually a thing in TS 3 hour main set gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onefish

Presumably TM will also be selling tickets that people have sold back to them?

For example, for a wembley gig, I have two, and will almost certainly only need one. So if I can re sell that to TM, they'll put it up for sale again.

I've no idea if they do that as the tickets come in, or wait till there's a decent number to release.

@ergo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Are resale tickets available for Dublin yet? They are for UK dates but you get the screen demanding a code for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Fanirish

And seats that were held back by MCD for themselves, Taylor Swift guestlist, aviva/IRFU/FAI.

And they may have withdrawn the vip etc tickets for time being and release them as standard tickets.

there will be tickets knocking about the week of, as over 150k tickets there is bound to be a 1000 or 2000 that result from people plans changing etc

There was a moment when you could buy resale tickets, no code was needed for resales. Now its back to "normal", code only. On a waitlist, so don't know if any regular or packages left.

Friends got a code, couldn't get the regular tickets, didn't want to spend on vip packages even though they're financially very comfortable. Went to see the TS movie, said now they really want to see the gig. Wouldn't surprise me if they decide to go with VIPs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭ergo

I have a code

The only packages visible /available for any of the 3 Dublin shows are the €734 (yikes) per ticket packages for the Sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rossieboy

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭ergo

Nice try!

Seems ridiculous that the search hasn't been opened to all at this stage

Anyway, I don't think it's worth much to you right now - unless you've €1500 spare for a pair of tickets..... code is supposedly "unique and non-transferrable"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

It's weird that the resale was available for a while but gone now. I managed to nab one standing resale ticket but hoping to get a second. I think I always had to use a code to see any resale tickets. Bit unfair really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jordo333

Why in the name of god are these tickets still code locked. Anyone that hasn’t used their code at this stage shouldn’t have first dibs on anyone that comes up for sale. TM is such a f*cking shambles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I've seen screenshots online that show there are a good few resale tickets available for Dublin but for some reason they only appear on the ticketmaster U.K. app not on the irish one. Very annoying glitch if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think Travis Kelce is planning to go to Aviva 3 nights and bring all of the Chiefs with him. That is why there are no tkts available. Chiefs vs Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭marilynrr

No tickets up for resale but they seem to have lifted the code requirement again.

I contacted them yesterday and they said the resale should be available within 48 hours.

Hopefully resale will stay open for all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

My name is Man vs ManUre, and I was born in 1989.

U spelled 2009 wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

My wife and I both got waitlisted back when the general sale was on and never got codes to buy the tickets outright. I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do to get some as a Christmas present now though, even at scalper prices. I have a colleague in work who said he had a buddy who bought ones for several European continental dates, so he managed to get a pair transferred to him for a show in Germany that way, but that worked by sending him a private link to re-buy them on Ticketmaster at face value.

I do see some for sale online in a few cities (at very high prices but still) on semi-official websites like Ticketbande and Stubhub, which I'd probably be willing to pay for but I'm not sure about how it would even work with the new security measures they're supposedly using where the name on the ticket has to match the name of the person attending. Does anyone have any experience with sites like that and know if there's some way to send them? From what I've seen, these sites are not just pure scams and have guarantees to at least get your money back, so there has to be some kind of way they expect them to be transferred but I don't feel confident enough to pay them hundreds of euro to find out.

Failing that, I suppose the only option is to wait for the official resales and hope to get one there before they sell out, but I assume those won't open until summer next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I haven't had any experience buying tickets from third party sites but I just wanted to let you know that official resale is open for these concerts. I've seen some tickets for resale on Ticketmaster. So far most seem to be VIP packages or standing but you could keep an eye and see what comes up.

I'm not sure how resale works on TM, as in how you can know if there's any for sale. I sold one ticket back to them last week, and I wasn't sure how it worked. Anyway, following their instructions, and 30 minutes later, they said they'd sold it, and would transfer the money to me within 13 to 17 working days.

So I assume they just listed it, and someone happened to look for one at the same time? They'll be next to me at the gig, unless they re sell! So I'll ask them next June.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's it exactly. You list them for resale (if its allowed) and the tickets for resale then appear in the official event listing under regular tickets (if there are any for sale) with a 'Resale Ticket' tag on them. Original tickets are invalidated and new tickets then issued to the buyer.

• Advertisement

Oh, I thought the Irish ones at least weren't going for resale until next year. When I look at the page for it, it's still showing "PRESALE HAPPENING NOW" on all events. The only one I see any tickets for is one of the Aviva dates which has a €750 VIP package for one date, but I can't even buy that without a presale code. I presume then there just aren't any available right now then. I don't even see a way to set up some kind of alert for when any others go on sale though which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

For Ticketmaster resale there's no technique other than going to the event and checking for tickets. If none show up there's none for resale. For gigs in arenas or bigger there's always plenty of tickets going in the weeks leading up to it.

Also once a ticket is resold via Ticketmaster it can't be resold again via Ticketmaster.

Must have just got lucky then, as it sold in less than 30 minutes. Though I won't be totally convinced until they transfer the money!

What's kind of annoying about it is that it doesn't actually clearly show which ones do and don't have tickets on the listings. It shows all of them as "Low Avaialability" whether they've got tickets or not (two of the UK/Ireland dates listed still have VIPs for sale, but that seems to be it right now). If it showed it accurately at least you could just take a regular enough glance at the list and see what's there but as it is, you have to open each of the 16 dates one by one to see if there's anything actually available.

2 new London dates were added, they go on sale today and tomorrow.

I believe ticketmaster sent out access codes to people who had previously registered for London so if that applies to anyone here then maybe check your emails.

That's just ticketmaster for you. For some artists they have some gigs with a red note saying limited availability and then others with a yellow note saying low availability even though there's no tickets for either!

You know that they're for sale because they pop up as available when you go onto the listing. You have to be quick though because they don't hold them in the basket for you like they do with normal tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Red means that all tickets on ticketmaster database are gone. I.E sold out at ticketmaster side

yelllow means that a few left.

it doesn’t automatically change instantly from yellow to red and vice versa as with resale tickets and promoters releasing more the odd ticket can reappear even if it’s red or yellow

@Fanirish

They often don't change after day 1 of sales. If one goes to red and one goes to yellow they often remain that way no matter what the resale situation is.

It's very unclear which one is supposed to be 'better' because they could be red OR yellow but the ticket situation is the same 😅

• Advertisement

I don't have a huge amount of experience with TM, but from looking at it over the past few days they seem to keep most events yellow even when there's nothing there (including nothing VIP or resale). Maybe it's just very very slow to update.

I presume this will be the same deal as before with requiring a presale code to buy. I would have signed up for some more waitlists at the time if I'd known how difficult it was going to be. At least it might increase the chances of resales.

Advertisement