Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yellow means that all tickets haven't been sold/allocated but are held back, which could be for a litany of reasons (unreleased/unmeasured production hold tickets, unclaimed corporate allocation, unclaimed artist allocation, sponsor tickets etc). They may never reach public sale though.

Red means that there are no tickets on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

I (my daughter) has an original album presale code that was never used (it crashed when originally trying to get tickets). Does anyone know whether this will still work for the two new Wembley dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

If she's doing extra Wembley gigs in August does that mean she's the extra date that Croke Park is looking for in August

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I thought you had to use the code to sign up on the Taylor Swift website and then get assigned a code from there to use on Ticketmaster which was tied to the email you signed up with (that was back in June, they closed the site for new sign ups since), but it's worth a try just putting it in directly.

I'd say unlikely. She was just extended her existing 3-night visit to Wembley with the 2 new dates so logistically it's a lot easier than having to move to a new location and set up the stage again. I don't think she's done any 1-night shows on this tour at all, or if she has it's been fairly rare. Don't know if the last 2-night Croker appearance being a flop might loom large still too. Sales have obviously been way stronger this time across the board (including in Dublin) but there still might not be enough demand for an extra night in a bigger stadium. If she was going to do another night it would probably be a 4th one at the Aviva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

4th night in Aviva is possible I guess (though unlikely), still loads of people who never got off the waitlist and even if it doesn't sell out completely they'd easily get rid of the rest with people flying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its pure manipulation what she and her management are doing.

Have a look at the resale prices for her South American dates this week, they were 500 euro after the initial sale, now people cant give them away .

15 euro for a standing ticket .

I don't really follow you. I mean, I don't like the current system much because it's locked me out with no way to get in (and the European secondary market seems to have been pretty effectively shut down for the most part), but who is being manipulated by it?

Also, for South American tickets, I was keeping an eye on them on secondary markets out of curiosity. Rio ones have been fairly cheap for a while now, but the Buenos Aires ones were still going for above face value a few days into it and the Sao Paolo ones also seem to still be very expensive. I don't understand what point you're making.

Managed to grab some for Vienna in August! Had several misses earlier on where a pair went up and were immediately snatched before I could get them to basket so delighted I managed to nab these ones. Had to get a VIP package but it was at least one of the cheaper ones, and at face favlue because it was through the official reseller. Anyone else left out and still looking, I recommend checking the various Fansale sites which are official resellers in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. Unfortunately there's a separate site for each one but still, they seem to have better avaialbility than Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nelsTV

Hi! Just wondering because I'm not a local, have any of u ideas on how strict the age limit may be? Just cause I'm coming to Dublin N2 w/ my little sis and she is under 16 and I'm only 23?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Id say youll be fine. When you say under 16, you mean like 14-15 years? I dont think they would ask for an id to prove shes over 16 or you're over 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onefish

That single date in Cardiff is looking a bit lonely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I can't see them being strict at all but if you're worried you could always just ask someone beside you in the queue to say you're with them!

Almost no chance of there being an issue. You'll never be id checked to see if you're over 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Apparently Ticketmaster put a poster up with a second Cardiff date on it (and have taken it down now), so looks like that will be added down the line

Is this a common thing to not get checked? Just little stressed because I'm coming from another country :/

I mean them checking me! My little sis is 11 at the time

Its more that ID checking a 25 year old isn't common. It would be different if it was an over 18s gig and you looked like a teenager.

Why would you be worried though? If you're over 23 you're grand. Do you not have any ID?

• Advertisement

Yes, I do! Just if they check it I don't want them to decline our entrance.

But if there is anyone over 25 and going to N2! Hit me up😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Definitely

You won't be checked, don't worry

It's just to stop people dropping a gang of 13 year olds to go by themselves. A kid with an adult won't attract a single glance

They 100% won't. As Electric Nitwit says, it's to prevent groups of kids going. And ID'ing is only really common at gigs where under 18s aren't allowed at all (and there's a bar). Nobody is going to ask you for ID.

You'll have 50,000+ people descending on the stadium, they won't be bothered to check unless you look younger than 16 yourself. And even then you'd be unlucky to get stopped.

Also, most of the Aviva is turnstiles, not ticket checkers.

Well we both do have our passports! But I think I'm gonna take ur advices and believe that we r all good! Thanks everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭ergo

Saw a resale ticket there for Aviva (Friday) yesterday - it was over €700 though! gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

Best advise as someone says have some one older talking to you as you walk in and they'll assume you're together ...you'll be fine

Was this on Ticketmaster? Afaik, through official resellers like TM, resales have to be at face value, so it might have just been one of the mega-expensive VIP packages. Imo, these are sort of done to just pre-scalp the tickets and cut out the middle man. Rather than scalpers buying up say ~10% of tickets and reselling them at several times their original cost, the promoter can just sell ~10% of the tickets at several times the cost of a normal ticket instead.

I have a colleague who got tickets off a friend who bought them for several cities and he said that that was done by reselling on TM privately. He got a link to TM to pay the original face value and have them transferred to his account. I think that a lot of would-be scalpers will plan to do that, but I've heard a lot of regions still haven't opened the facility to do this, and won't until close to the show date (or even say in their terms and conditions that they will only do it with requested approval in extenuating circumstances), so in those cases you're basically sending money for a pinky promise to send a ticket out months into the future. Even in cases where it is open, I would assume many people will have to pay the face value for this transfer in addition to the scalped price. You have to hope that they will do it, then hope that they can do it, and then also hope that the tickets aren't voided for violating the T&C's of reselling.

I actually contacted Stubhub to ask how this would work and they weren't reassuring. They basically said that despite warnings, venues usually won't violate tickets, and that sellers on their site have to at least verify they did buy the tickets, and that if they end up not working, you will get your money back, but that would likely be cold comfort for anyone who had planned to go and gets turned away at the door who missed, especially if they travelled far to get there and missed out on chances to buy tickets elsewhere in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭ergo

Yes, it was on Ticketmaster, it didn't say it was one of the VIP packages on the resale thing but I presume it was

Advertisement