Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Carol25

The situation in Brazil is alarming re this tour. RIP to the poor fan who lost her life trying to endure the queuing and heat all day long. It looks like Brazil do General Admission tickets with nothing assigned and a rat race to get best spots. Just wondering does anyone know are the standing areas here done into sections?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

There is three pitch standing sections here for aviva tickets required for each.

will still be rat race for barrier access that a lot of diehards fans will try to camp overnight for.

licence condition for outdoor shows here that no overnight queues allowed. However in practice it’s hard to fully stop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

it's alarming purely as there has been issues in brazil due to heat and GA

it has little to no bearing on the other shows and absolutely none on the aviva shows

It looks like a lot of her European shows are GA standing. Europe last year, besides Ireland and the U.K. was sweltering during the summer. I’m not suggesting it’ll be like Brazil, which is a mess. Just wondering if the standing area here, of which there’s a big one at the Aviva is sectioned off into different areas or is it a case of first come first serve to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

There will be 3 standing sections, front left, front right, these are some kind of equivalent of golden circle and the rest from the diamond walkway all the way to the back is standard GA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

As far as I'm aware, basically all of the shows on the European tour have standing sections that are sectioned at the very least into the front of the stage, left of the stage, and right of the stage (bearing in mind that for this show the stage is a long wide catwalk that goes deep into the pitch), and there are separate tickets for each section. In general, it seems that left and right of the stage are the "better" tickets and cost more as a result. In the case of the Austrian shows at least, the front of the stage is also itself divided into left and right. I'm sure there will be some jostling and squeezing at the front, but I wouldn't expect it to be significantly worse than at any other stadium tour. After the issue in Brazil, I'd also be very surprised if they don't take extra precautions to make sure there is access to water and that the stadium is well-ventilated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Show in Liverpool all the pitch is GA no sections

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm assuming it's an absolute waste of time trying to find tickets for any of her shows here or in the UK? Would there be many people who would do a ticket swap for Coldplay tickets?

I wouldn’t think so,

I wouldn’t give up as yet. There’s a lot of people who bought them way in advance, plans change and there are some being re sold.

It will be difficult but not hopeless. The only official reseller is Ticketmaster itself, so if you want to be safe, keep checking their site (there's no way to set up any kind of alert for this). You'd be more likely to see some stuff come up though closer to the date. The conditions that will make people sell their tickets (changes of plans, last minute emergencies, illnesses) are less likely to crop up 6-7 months out compared to in the few weeks before the event.

If you want to broaden where you'd go, then Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy all currently all authorised ticket reselling via their respective Fansale websites. I managed to get ones from there at face value, although again you'd need to make sure you're checking the site frequently because if they go up they don't stay around for long.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this, it's for my daughter so I'll keep an eye on ticketmaster for the next few months. Typical that she has started listening to her music constantly over the last few weeks and asked for tickets for Christmas.

I know what you mean. I got mine as a Christmas present too. I felt lucky to get them but there weren't any special tricks, it was just about checking the listings very frequently. If you keep at it, you may get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Eras Tour film is available to rent now, about €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

When I saw that it was her birthday gift I thought it was going to be free for a day.

Massive money grab in a year insane money was made already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hey, Taylor recently donated $1million to victims of the Leitrim tornado.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

Do you know what websites are legit for buying resale tickets in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Fansale in Germany, Austria or italy, but the website is not working for me today for some reasons, access denied. And the usual, Ticketmaster.

As poster above said, the various Fansale websites are official resellers in some regions

Germany: Fansale.de

Austria: Fansale.at

Italy: Fansale.it

Switzerland: Fansale.ch

I know for Ireland/UK, Ticketmaster is doing any reselling. At any given time, it's unlikely to see anything listed on any of them, and when they do go up they disappear fast. You really do just have to keep checking it regularly and hope to spot one for sale, and then act fast when you do.

Given the popularity of the movie with the fans and Swift's very business-focused way of doing everything, I would have been shocked if it was released for free.

Ah i see. I thought that Fansale was just a generic term, not an actual website!

• Advertisement

Were those super expensive ‘VIP’ packages ever released to the public? Or is there still a way to get a code to buy them.

Almost desperate enough to pay the high prices on Viagogo for one of the European dates.

I've seen some sort of vip boyfriend packages popping up for both Dublin and London over the last week or so. I think it's about €743 for a ticket.

I think unlike last time, those mostly actually sold this time. Whern I was looking there were still one or two very expensive (like <€700 each) tickets available for one of the nights in the Aviva, but that was it, and it still required one of those codes and there's no way to get one of those now if you didn't have one before.

In terms of unofficial reseller sites, you have a few different options. Some of the more legitamite ones I found were Viagogo, Seatgeek, Ticketbande, and Ticombo, all of which allow scalping well above face value. I'm fairly sure any one of them will at least refund your money if the tickets are bogus. The danger with any of them is that for this tour, the transfer process has been made very difficult and the policies around it vary country-by-country, and it's possible it could be blocked even if the person has the ticket, or that it won't be possible to know for sure until close to the concert date. There was a good post on Reddit I found with links to the policies in each country here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/157g839/resale_policies_official_resellers/

I kind of speculate that for some of these scalper sites, the price you pay is also just the price to access the tickets. The only person I know who had a private sale (from his friend) got them by getting a private link from his friend to the official reseller website, and he then had to pay the face value price listed there, and his friend got it as a refund. So it may be that if you buy from a third party seller for €500 per ticket, they send you a link and then you still have to pay the €150+ face value on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It seems that TS has ended up being a hex on the KC Chiefs. Ever since she started watching their games they have lost more than they win, and for the first time ever Patrick Mahomes will have to play an away game in the playoffs. Head coach Andy Smith must be cursing the day that Travis Kelce went all out for TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its all just a PR stunt to increase the NFL's popularity among Swifties.

I'm surprised the NFL have allowed it to drag on this long though, Play Offs starting soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy Houlihan

….

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy Houlihan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Couldn't even get the head coaches name right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

He seems to have a problem with/obsessed with TS ........ Its hard to tell which one .......

And Slane .. Hes the same with Slane .. 😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
Advertisement