Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silo [Apple TV+]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just finished this and thought it the best series I've seen this year. Having not read the books, I thought the season finale reveal was gobsmackingly good.

According to Wikipedia, filming has resumed for Season 2 much to the relief I'm sure of many on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Cool. I decided not to get my hopes up for season 2 and started on the book series instead. Few chapters away from the end of the second book "Shift" at the moment. Probably be a long time before the series gets through the books anyway, season 1 only gets about half way into the first book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah yeah it's easily a contender for best series of 2023 TBH: the ease with which Apple+ seems to be knocking out eminently watchable shows is kinda nuts. They're not all best in class, but it's rare I've had a total dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This and Foundation were the two best series of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Monarch is very impressive too and I'm not massively into the Godzilla genre

Post edited by youcancallmeal on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Apple TV is rivaling HBO in the quality stakes. Within sci-fi genre alone, we have absolutely fantastic shows like Severance, Foundation, For All Mankind and Silo.

Foundation in particular I have no idea how they managed to get it so lavish looking with a relatively small budget. Looks like something you'd see in the cinema.

No-one would have imagined Apple TV becoming the home of good sci-fi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When Apple announced they were getting into the Streaming service, I openly mocked the idea (here on Boards too IIRC) and figured they'd be the first to fall from a dearth of watchable material. But as I type now, if push came to shove and could only keep one streamer? It'd be Apple, no question; that they're on the cheaper end of the scale too just makes their value even greater.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Foundation' is an example of how you can spend money well and achieve a great look. Whoever is in charge of location scouting does a superb job, really getting a feel for different planets. The SFX are also top class, better than a lot of recent Marvel stuff. Simple techniques like only doing a small pan of establishing planet shots apparently saves them a load of money on rendering, etc but manages to get that grand look.

Advertisement